Outbreak (Code Red, #3)

Outbreak (Code Red #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  155 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Thirteen-year-old Ben is spending the summer in the Congo where his father is examining a valuable mineral mining operation. But a mysterious killer virus is spreading throughout the country which the mine manager is trying to hush up. It’s up to Ben and his friend, Halima, to prevent disaster.
Published October 23rd 2007 by Doubleday

To ask other readers questions about Outbreak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outbreak

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad!
Must say I'm surprised by how much i truly enjoyed this book. There where a few eye rolling coincidence moments towards the end but over all what a remarkable story about strong willed and incredible individuals!
I still think it seems a little egotistical for Chris Ryan to have his name in such ginormous print on all his books - other much more famous writers seem to do well enough without resorting to this type of thing, But for now I'll try not to pass judgement and just sit confused pondering...more
Labibah Safdar
It was an amazing book. I read it in 2 days becasue i could not put it down
Mark
Best Code Red so far. Simple.
Tania
Fantastic read! The book kept me entertained and at the same time it touched a very serious topic of such scary virus as Ebola. The description of African jungles and animals that live in it was amazing.
Leo
didn't really like the series.
Peter Robinson
I can't believe it's the same author as Geordie Sharps writer.
Aileen
Scientist and his son visit the Congo to investigate a new mine and end up stuck in a village where a deadly Ebola-like virus has been unleashed. Told from the son's perspective this was an exciting listen. His father contracts the virus so young Ben has to fight the unscrupulous mine owners who are hell bent on making money, regardless of the horrific risk. Not read Chris Ryan before, but may see what else he has written now.
Natshane
It's kind of interesting at some parts but I just couldn't get into the book any quicker.
Sis_p5ejoseph
Very intense story . However , very disappointing at some parts as it is boring.
Halleyberry
An exciting pageturner!
hunter Jack
hunter Jack marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Dean Hoban
Dean Hoban marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Robert Callaghan
Robert Callaghan marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
M.M. Cox
M.M. Cox marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Todd
Todd marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Timbo
Timbo marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Theo
Theo added it
Aug 07, 2014
Emily Page
Emily Page marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Yousuf
Yousuf added it
Jul 12, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Chris Ryan was born in 1961 in a village near Newcastle. In 1984 he joined the SAS. During his ten years in the Regiment, he was involved in overt and covert operations and was also Sniper team commander of the anti-terrorist team.

During the Gulf War, Chris was the only member of an eight-man team to escape from Iraq, of which three colleagues were killed and four captured. It was the longest esca...more
More about Chris Ryan...
The One That Got Away: My SAS Mission Behind Enemy Lines Strike Back Survival Agent 21 (Agent 21, #1) The Watchman