Start by marking “The Dream Ten: Where's Tony?” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Dream Ten: Where's...

A.D. Erving

The Dream Ten: Where's Tony?

Published September 3rd 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Dream Ten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dream Ten

Tammy Betterton
Oct 04, 2014 Tammy Betterton rated it it was amazing
Although this book is written with young teens in mind to read it, I am in my mid 40's and I found it to be a good read as well.
Not only is this book about basketball but it is also about teamwork (not just on the court), friendship, building bonds that last a lifetime, building character and of course, corruption!
This short story can be read in one day and is well worth your time to read.
Jill H.
Oct 29, 2014 Jill H. rated it really liked it
The Dream Ten basketball team had an awesome season and is scheduled to play in some playoff games! Tony, a player on the team goes missing in between games though. The Dream Ten separates into groups and tries to find him. They end up in places that they would not normally find themselves at, but they have to find their missing player because The Dream Ten is not the same without him. The hard journey of finding Tony brings clues for them to try to find where he is and it becomes a mystery if ...more
Denise
Dec 13, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
The age level of the book is around 7-13 and is the 2nd book in a 12 book series. The first book introduces the Dream Ten and one of the players, David. This book shifts the focus on another character, Tony.

This book picks up about 6 months after the last book ended. The Dream Ten have finally made it to the semi-finals of the Lower-NYC All-Star League Winter Classic and because Tony plays such a great game he is invited to play for The New York Panthers, but he doesn't show up for the first pra
Melissa T
Oct 12, 2014 Melissa T rated it it was amazing
This book is written for a younger audience however, I enjoyed reading it. This book is an excellent fit for older children and teenagers, especially ones with an interest in basketball. This book highlights all of the benefits I hope for my daughter to experience as a basketball player on her school's team. I think it helps children to realize that it's not all about the game, it's about the relationships that you form, the love of the sport and the team dynamic. I try to explain to them that ...more
Dec 14, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
While I found this book to be interesting, it is not what I expected. I expected there to be a lot more basketball in this book. It does have a good amount of basketball in the beginning and I think that will keep any young basketball fans entertained. I did like how the basketball team was able to work together to find their team member after he went missing. It as an easy and interesting read.

*Disclosure: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.*
Leigh
Nov 05, 2014 Leigh rated it it was amazing
My son loves basketball and even though this was a little young for him, he really enjoyed it a lot. Since we didn't read the first book, we were a little behind but we quickly figured out that the team had made it to the finals and their star player had disappeared. This book takes you through how important being part of a team is and how far a team will go to stay together. I loved it.
Rachael
Oct 28, 2014 Rachael rated it really liked it
While I'm not particularly a fan of basketball (or sports in general), this book did not have a ton of basketball in it. The story was more about friendship and the lengths that good friends will go to save each other. There was some decent writing, even if it was a little over-dramatic, but I think that boys in the 7-10 age range would probably enjoy it the most.
Cassandra
Oct 14, 2014 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
A fantastic book with an even better message. Not only does this book tell of the bond that a sports team, basketball in this case, has but also as friends. I really like how it inspires one to go for their dreams and to be supportive and there for those in our lives.
wjkb
wjkb rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Jonathan Vine
Sep 30, 2014 Jonathan Vine rated it it was amazing
Awesome book for kids and teens
Ammaralnajjar
Ammaralnajjar marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Reshma Mutha
Reshma Mutha marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
I was born in August 1974, and have been a basketball fan my whole life. After playing four years of professional basketball overseas, I went on to coach the game for nine years, working with children and teenagers both on and off the court. Although I grew up a diehard Philadelphia 76ers fan, my allegiance has shifted in recent years to individual players who I admire. Some of my current ...more
More about A.D. Erving...