Start by marking “Serve and Protect” as Want to Read:
Serve and Protect

Serve and Protect (Serve and Protect #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  13 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
It’s been five years since twins Kolby and Kaleb Bailey moved north from Texas. Kolby trying to escape her abusive husband and Kaleb trying to get out of a corrupt business partnership. Detectives Dean Davis and R.J. Kennedy live and breath their job, and as partners they spend most of their time together working. The twins and detectives lives intersect when R.J. forces ...more
Published September 17th 2014 by Publish Green

To ask other readers questions about Serve and Protect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Serve and Protect

Portia
Jun 07, 2015 Portia rated it really liked it
Usually, I would start with a brief retelling of the story. But, while R.J. and Dean have the most page time, they are not the only main characters.

Serve and Protect is an unusual story, in that it is more of an ensemble piece than a traditional romance.

Basically, best friends fall for fraternal twins. None of them are looking for romance, but literally from first sight, they just click. All have to work through some issue to take a chance. And other than a couple of on page kisses, it’s pretty
Love Bytes Reviews
May 10, 2015 Love Bytes Reviews rated it it was amazing
5 Hearts Reviewed by Dan

I’m not sure how I’m managing to do it, but I feel like I’ve been getting the cream of the crop when it comes to newly published first time writers in this genre! With Shelly Connors’ book, Serve and Protect, I’m happy to say that the track record remains unchanged. I absolutely loved this book! It is a whodunit type of book, complete with police detectives, an evilly homophobic mother and tragedy. Happily there is also some romance. If you’re looking for hot sex scenes,
Kara
Feb 14, 2016 Kara rated it really liked it
Twins Kolby and Kaleb own a establishment called Here To Serve which is where they meet detectives R.J. and Dean. A employee being beaten in the parking lot and a disgruntled patron lead to them seeing a lot more of the employees.

Okay first off I loved the authors pretense of this story and the characters she created in this book. It was very different for me to read a book where we get two different couples. One being a M/F and another being a M/M which I really did love.

Now this is where I a
romanceandcoffee
Reviewed for Rainbow Gold Reviews

Detectives Dean Davis and R.J.Kennedy are partners of two years and altough R.J. didnt want to have a new partner, they are getting along great. I loved their easy banter, the humour and generally who they are. Of course they are described as gorgeous but their inner self matches the outside. They are such caring persons which shows in so many ways….I want to have them in my life.

OJ
It's wonderful when I find a new, enjoyable author and this one by Shelly Connors delivered just the right amount of enjoyment without it being a cliche. RJ and Dean make a great team of detectives and Dean's falling for Kaleb is well done.

I enjoyed there being a straight couple as well, Kolby and RJ, which made for a well balanced book.

A nice enjoyable read between my angst filled, alpha male regular reading and I will definitely read the second one in this series.
kathleen
Jul 01, 2015 kathleen rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Serve and Protect! I found myself watching the page count, not wanting this book to end. The characters pull you in and don't let go! You want to be a part of the extended family that makes us the characters in Serve and Protect. You will be happy with the romance and the mystery in this book. I can't wait for the next one!
Susana
Nov 11, 2016 Susana rated it liked it
Rainbow Gold Reviews
Oct 09, 2016 Rainbow Gold Reviews rated it really liked it

Kolby and Kaleb are twins who owns the restaurant Here To Serve. That name fits properly since its not just a restaur
Tammy
Nov 02, 2016 Tammy rated it really liked it
This book was a little different for me. It just wasn't about the two main characters but also all the secondary characters. I loved it!
The slow burn between the twins and the detectives is really refreshing! A lot of dancing, a little mystery, some angst but not to much. Jason's pain and loss hurt my heart. He is such a sweetheart. I do hope that the next book also revolves around the Here To Serve restaurant/bar!
Amazonaute
Amazonaute rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Shelly
May 10, 2015 Shelly rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Deb Rielly
Deb Rielly rated it liked it
May 30, 2016
Colette
Colette marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
M'rella
M'rella marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Paul Wright
Paul Wright marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2015
Eloreen Moon
Eloreen Moon marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Patricia Ervin
Patricia Ervin marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
TracyG
TracyG marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Libbsmm
Libbsmm marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Krissy
Krissy added it
Jun 20, 2016
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2016
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2016
Shelly Connors currently lives in Central New York with her husband and one dog. She enjoys a good IPA and red wine. When she isn't teaching or coaching, she is either writing, running, or traveling. Shelly loves her job as a high school physical education teacher, which helps her maintain her sense of humor and patience.
More about Shelly Connors...

Serve and Protect (2 books)
  • Dust in the Wind