Start by marking “A Book About Signs” as Want to Read:
A Book About Signs

A Book About Signs

A Book About Signs is a whimsical look at the signs that surround us. From road signs to memorial plaques, from traffic lights to placards to semaphores, different signs communicate in different ways. Russell Weekes's sparkling wit and bold graphics play with the ways signs are presented and how we interpret them.

The book is aimed at children, but is presented with a layer
Published June 30th 2015 by Cicada Books (first published May 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about A Book About Signs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Book About Signs

Tamara
I wanted something as good as Chip Kidd's books about design. This was not it, though informative and straightforward and probably useful in starting discussions about reading signs with the intended audience, kids.

I did learn that butterflies have spots that look like eyes to warn off predators (duh! didn't even occur to me...) and that barber's poles were used to identify establishments for customers who couldn't read...so there's that.
Jun 12, 2016 * rated it it was amazing
As soon as I saw this book in the bookshop, I could not stop smiling. This is one of the best books I have ever had, as a matter of fact, it is the best. I love signs, and exploring them always interested me. I love the print of this book as much as the content. I would read this to my cat if I had one. I wish I could find more books like this one.
Rebecca
A simple look at signs and the different ways they communicate -- and signs are something you can look for as an early literacy activity, too!
Kiara Miner
Kiara Miner rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2015
Cbsd library
Cbsd library rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2015