Start by marking “The Lady of the Hall (Eden Hall, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lady of the Hall (Eden Hall, #2)

The Lady of the Hall (Eden Hall #2)

Minty must overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles to keep her home and her relationship with the man she loves.

In Book Two of the Eden Hall series, Minty has inherited her beloved Eden Halland a host of problems. The villagers depend on the Hall for their livelihood, but there is no money to keep the massive Hall open.

Members of her step-family do their utmost to un
Published February 1st 2005 by Zondervan Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about The Lady of the Hall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady of the Hall

Valerie (Val's Vicinity)
Jul 09, 2016 Valerie (Val's Vicinity) rated it really liked it
"Lady of the Hall" is the second book in the "Eden Hall" series. It picks up right where the first book left off. I enjoyed this book, probably not quite as much as the first, but I did still very much enjoy it. The only issue I had was with some of the conflict, sometimes I didn't quite understand why certain things seemed to be such a "huge" problem, but I liked the characters well enough to just accept things the way they were, and kept reading. If you read the first book and enjoyed it, I'm ...more
Ann
Jan 04, 2014 Ann rated it liked it
After the death of her father, Araminta (Minty) has inherited $25 million pounds and Eden Hall, a vast English estate. As she struggles to bring it and the surrounding village out of the bankruptcy caused by her step-brother, she is blocked at every turn. All of which is happening while she is desperately trying to learn the ropes of becoming Lady of the Hall and taking over the charitable foundation that her father established.

While she and her fiance (Patrick) are planning their wedding, her s
Heather Rogers
Jun 21, 2015 Heather Rogers rated it it was ok
DINT READ FIRST PAGE! Loved the first book, However, the first page of this book gave the whole plot away. I still read it through but it was a major disappointment as I carried out exactly how I figured it would.
Gin Tadvick
May 17, 2013 Gin Tadvick rated it really liked it
Really like this series of books. The characters are well drawn and mostly likeable. (Except for Simon!)
Angela Sellers
Oct 19, 2009 Angela Sellers rated it really liked it
Enchanting! Like the first book, I was drawn in by the first chapter, and when i wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it.
Karen
May 11, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
Interesting seeing the main character come to terms with her new responsibilities to both the hall and the people, and to see her true relationships develop.
Joanne Compton
Sep 13, 2015 Joanne Compton rated it really liked it
Even though I read this story long before I heard about Downton Abbey but there are similarities. I enjoyed this book and the series.
Tonya Preece
Tonya Preece rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2008
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2014
Briana
Briana rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Laura rated it it was ok
Feb 08, 2015
Kacey
Jan 22, 2010 Kacey rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and must find the others in the series.
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2013
Sheryl Wood
Sheryl Wood rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2014
Edlin
Edlin rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2011
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Tessa Palmeri
Tessa Palmeri rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Mumtaz
Mumtaz rated it it was ok
Oct 11, 2011
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2011
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2012
Miki
Miki rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2009
Mamie Senter
Mamie Senter rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Veronica Heley has published more than fifty books, including crime fiction, historical, and children's titles. She is currently involved in the Ellie Quicke series of crime stories and a variety of other projects. A full-time writer, she has been married to a London probation officer since 1964, and has one musician daughter.

AKA Veronica Thorne

More about Veronica Heley...

Eden Hall (4 books)
  • Eden Hall (Eden Hall, #1)
  • Secret of the Hall (Eden Hall, #3)
  • Master of the Hall (Eden Hall, #4)