Start by marking “Ms. Rubinstein's Beauty” as Want to Read:
Ms. Rubinstein's Beauty

Ms. Rubinstein's Beauty

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
It’s a message we learn in childhood, but all too quickly forget: “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” “Beauty is only skin deep.” With its incandescent paintings and imaginative text, Ms. Rubinstein’s Beauty shows us just how true these timeless sayings can be. Children will be enchanted…and surprised at every turn.
“Ms. Rubenstein is a beautiful woman. But nobody knows
Published September 28th 2006 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Ms. Rubinstein's Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ms. Rubinstein's Beauty

Shauna
Feb 02, 2010 Shauna rated it really liked it
The dedication at the end of this book takes this book from three to four stars . . .
"For all the bearded ladies in the world, whether or not they are ladies or bearded."

A nice story of seeing the true beauty of people.
Hamster
Nov 20, 2011 Hamster rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ugly people everywhere
This book made me feel better about being bald.
Jen
Jan 16, 2016 Jen rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful picture book that tackles topics such as beauty, bullying, acceptance, and love in a gentle way. Beautifully written and illustrated. Highly recommended for children, teens, and adults.
Candice Anderson
Jan 24, 2016 Candice Anderson rated it really liked it
Unusual book with a great message and fantastic illustrations.
Marie
Jan 28, 2008 Marie rated it it was amazing
"He discreetly admires the delicate harmony of her hands as she feeds the pigeons, and she, without his noticing, observes his refined way of holding his walking stick."
I am a sucker for the right kind of "children's book" and this is one of 'em. The dedication is perfect (and comes at the end of the book, delightfully): "To all the bearded ladies, including those who are neither ladies nor bearded."
Krissy
Jan 09, 2009 Krissy rated it it was amazing
i stumbled across this book in the barnes and noble children's section one day and loved it instantly. however, i couldn't find it again until just recently because i kept spelling rubinstien wrong when i went to look for it.
a children's picture book whose main character is the bearded lady from the circus!! could it get any better?!
Jody
Oct 14, 2013 Jody rated it liked it
Should have got me in the heart a bit more I suppose, but after coming down off of Wonder by R. J. Palacio, I ended up giving it three stars. Great picture book for teaching things such as anti-bullying.
Christine
Jan 14, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it
My kids love this book, beauty is more then skin deep. They think the nose on her lover is funny and think it is cute how they fall in love. Nice dedication in the back of the book as well :)
John
Dec 18, 2007 John rated it really liked it
A really good read! It's so sweet and teaches children an important lesson about judging others. The art work is fantastic, and I recommend flipping through it!
Christopher Sol Cruz
Jul 06, 2007 Christopher Sol Cruz rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: children or inner children
This is one of the most fantastic children's books I've come across. Great illustration and a wonderful story.
Amanda Goodman
Women who has a beard, falls in love with man who has a trunk nose. Picture book
Alida
May 04, 2011 Alida rated it really liked it
Because I've always found the "freaks" to be better looking than the "beauties".
Stephanie
Jan 03, 2010 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: pbs-5-7-s
Great for re-enforcing that there is beauty in everyone.
Wendy Clark
Wendy Clark rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
SLANZA
SLANZA added it
Mar 29, 2016
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Annaclarice
Annaclarice rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Layah Robinson
Layah Robinson marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2015
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
Bookslut
Bookslut rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
Kathy Grimm
Kathy Grimm rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2014
Lisa Sarm
Lisa Sarm marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Ursa
Ursa rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2013
Broche
Broche rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2013