Start by marking “Martha Stewart's Menus for Entertaining” as Want to Read:
Martha Stewart's Menus for Entertaining

Martha Stewart's Menus for Entertaining

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Martha Stewart offers 20 complete menus for gatherings both large and small, casual and sophisticated--all reflecting an elegantly relaxed approach to entertaining in the '90s. With its delicious recipes, inspired styling, useful information, and exquisite photographs, this is the indispensable guide to hospitality. Full-color photographs.
Published October 25th 1994 by Clarkson Potter (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Martha Stewart's Menus for Entertaining, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Martha Stewart's Menus for Entertaining

Waspyredhead
Jan 15, 2010 Waspyredhead rated it really liked it
This is the first cookbook I ever owned. I grew up around cookbooks, certainly. But this one was mine. I first saw Martha Stewart on her original PBS series in the early nineties, and as a preteen I was instantly taken aback by her. This cookbook (which I received for Christmas in 1994 or 1995 I'm not sure), was a turning point for me. I still value this cookbook as a resource for inspiration when menu planning. The pie crust recipe on page 88 was my go-to for several years (though pastry anxiet ...more
Kimberly Ann
Jan 25, 2016 Kimberly Ann rated it it was ok
FUSSY... Very Fussy.... and not easy to work from. There are more than one recipe per page sometimes 3 or 4, which means the fonts are small and the recipes are cramped together and difficult to read.... Many of the photographs are small and are 4-6 on a page w/ colored blanks & tidbits of information. Some pages have just one photograph... So they layout leaves so-very-much to be desired.

Contents include: Celebrating Spring; Pink Peony Dinner Party; Hors D'Oeuvres in the Garden; A Small but
Katie Kenig
Feb 10, 2008 Katie Kenig rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I have to admit, I love Martha's recipes and this book is no exception. I've never failed to get a rave review from anything from this book. Again, the recipes are a little more time-consuming than "standard" cookbook fare, but are worth it. Many of the desserts make *excellent* take-alongs for hostess gifts.
Ellen C
Nov 26, 2010 Ellen C rated it it was ok
the recipes are of course excellent and delicious but not really practical, even for entertaining I thought they were too over the top.
Angela
Dec 12, 2011 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: to-own
The recipes were a little less difficult with more everyday ingredients then some of her books but it still did not appeal to me.
Oct 24, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it
My first Martha book, immediately hooked on her.
Brittany Wilson
Brittany Wilson marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Jessie
Jessie rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2016
Linda
Linda added it
Mar 07, 2016
Erika
Erika rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Rayne
Rayne added it
Dec 05, 2015
Rambling Reader
Rambling Reader rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2015
Austin Bunton
Austin Bunton marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Sabina
Sabina marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Hj
Hj added it
Jul 04, 2015
Abu Turab
Abu Turab rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Rebel
Rebel marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Alice
Alice rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
Jenni
Jenni added it
May 06, 2015
Rebecca Boehringer
Rebecca Boehringer rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2015
Lucy
Lucy added it
Feb 19, 2015
Andrew
Andrew added it
Feb 01, 2015
V B.
V B. marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Cathy Cole
Cathy Cole rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Karen Beckmann
Karen Beckmann rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Martha Stewart is an American business magnate, author, editor and homemaking advocate. She is also a former stockbroker and fashion model. Over the last two decades Stewart has held a prominent position in the American publishing industry; as the author of several books, hundreds of articles on the domestic arts, editor of a national homekeeping magazine, host for two popular daytime television p ...more
More about Martha Stewart...