Start by marking “Pasts Imperfect (Action Figures #3)” as Want to Read:
Pasts Imperfect (Action Figures #3)

Pasts Imperfect (Action Figures #3)

The past is coming back to haunt the Hero Squad.

Archimedes, the Squad’s first foe, is finally heading to trial, and the teen heroes aren't exactly looking forward to again facing the man capable of revealing their deepest secrets to the world — but their secrets are nothing compared to the dark truths being hidden from them by people they know and trust.

When those secret
Published September 27th 2014 by Innsmouth Look Publishing (first published September 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Pasts Imperfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pasts Imperfect

Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin GrossmanHero by Perry MooreKingdom of Heroes by Jay  PhillipsThe Shifter Dimension by J.M. JohnsonWild Cards by George R.R. Martin
Super Hero Books
62nd out of 224 books — 231 voters
Steelheart by Brandon SandersonSoon I Will Be Invincible by Austin GrossmanEx-Heroes by Peter ClinesCassidy Jones and the Secret Formula by Elise StokesWearing the Cape by Marion G. Harmon
Super Hero Books [Not Graphic Novels]
136th out of 394 books — 570 voters

More lists with this book...

Patrick Hodges
** WARNING - THIS REVIEW CONTAINS MINOR SPOILERS **

As a former adorer of comic-book superhero stories and a current adorer of YA fiction, few series are as tailor-made for my tastes as Michael Bailey's "Action Figures" books. They have absolutely everything that I could possibly want in a story - great characters, great plots, great action, and a perfect admixture of humorous moments and poignant moments.

It's been less than a year since Carrie "Lightstorm" Hauser and her four besties became the
Suzanne
Oct 26, 2014 Suzanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-fantasy
The Action Figures series is always good for a lively adventure, and this is no exception. But in this third volume, the personal struggles of these teenage superheroes have gained new depth and weight. Everything seems to hit the fan at once—nearly every member of the Squad has a reason not to want to go home, and the Squad as a whole faces some daunting roadblocks. There's still a colorful villain and plenty of vivid combat, but it's the compelling personal stories that take center stage now, ...more
Rachel
May 24, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
Another cool story about the Hero Squad. Some interesting reveals about their pasts and origins (as the title implies), and an interesting outcome for one of the team members. I had a lot of fun reading it... on to number 4!
Lexxi Kitty
I'm on my phone so I'll 1) be brief; 2) write something filled with errors of grammar and spelling.

Overall not a bad book. The angst was ratched up to an alarming level that likely helped me come to the conclusion that I liked this issue least of all.Though the big 'oh no, we have to actually have the trial for that artificial intelligence guy!' was hyped to the point where I kind of expected it to play a larger role in the book.

All but two of the hero squad have their personal lives get all me
Timothy
Timothy rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Tiago Zanco
Tiago Zanco rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Veronica Bailey
Veronica Bailey rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Harold Coppock
Harold Coppock rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
Andreas
Andreas rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Sam Jr.
Sam Jr. rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Ernie Shumaker
Ernie Shumaker rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2015
Stéphane
Stéphane rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Scott
Scott rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Adam
Adam rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Tod Crosby
Tod Crosby rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
John Rose
John Rose rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Michael Conway
Michael Conway rated it liked it
May 07, 2015
Ken Brown
Ken Brown rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
PhilippeO
PhilippeO rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Michelle Busha
Michelle Busha rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Mary Catelli
Mary Catelli rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Doc Johnny
Doc Johnny rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Joshua R Corpron
Joshua R Corpron rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Brian Bollert
Brian Bollert rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Mark Thumm
Mark Thumm rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Michael Bailey is a professional writer from Falmouth, Massachusetts who kind of hates writing bios.

Michael has been a working writer since 1998 when he simultaneously (and at the same time) sold his first freelance article to Renaissance Magazine and landed a job as a staff reporter for the Enterprise Newspapers. Michael recently ended his time at the Enterprise to focus on his creative writing.

O
More about Michael C. Bailey...

Action Figures (5 books)
  • Secret Origins (Action Figures #1)
  • Black Magic Women (Action Figures #2)
  • Cruel Summer (Action Figures #4)
  • Team-Ups (Action Fictures, #5)