Start by marking “Restraining Order (Alexis Fields Thrill Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Restraining Order (Alexis Fields Thrill Series Book 1)

Restraining Order (Alexis Fields Thrill Series Book 1)

Alexis Fields is in the prime of her life, has just finished medical school and is celebrating her dream of becoming a doctor. But things go terribly wrong when she ends a volatile relationship with a disturbed man, Wilfred "Will" Bachman. Unable to handle the rejection, he develops a twisted obsession and promises to turn her life into a living hell.

After a vicious assau
Published September 21st 2014 by Trebor & Taylor Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Restraining Order, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restraining Order

Norma Budden
Oct 31, 2016 Norma Budden rated it liked it
The story was okay - it seemed like I was reading about one episode and the fallout from it. It had a small degree of suspense within the story but wasn't really long enough to get established with the character of Alexis, so I couldn't feel her fear or get drawn into her emotions. Will's character came through loud and clear, as does his mother's - or was that merely a ploy, hoping to dissuade the police?

All in all, even the conversations between the police had an amateurish ring to them - they
Norma Todd
Nov 06, 2016 Norma Todd rated it it was ok
Superficial ho hum

I felt no connection to any of the characters. No desire to see what happens next. A short story with no pull is not what you need to attract fans. Sorry.
Felicia
Oct 18, 2016 Felicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-read
Interesting short read

This book was a good short read. Of course it is a cliffhanger but I can't wait to read the next one. I got this book for free so I really wasn't expecting much but I hope the next was is better. I hope that it is longer than this one but I will be definitely reading the next one.
denise damaral
Oct 19, 2016 denise damaral rated it really liked it
Good

I was really surprised at the ending. Very easy reading. Hope to read more like this. Bogeyman will be next.
Tere Fredericks
Oct 09, 2016 Tere Fredericks rated it really liked it
No Triggers

I admit I was worried about reading this book, as there have been days in my life that, well, are relived by triggers. Such as a person slashing enough tires I was dropped by two insurance companies. This didn't trigger any anxiety yet was still interesting. As I think back, however, things were really simplistic, and the protagonist didn't suffer much - this is a short story, after all. So in this case simplicity is a good thing. Holds interest yet doesn't trigger. Relatable, but not
Ted Tayler
Feb 21, 2016 Ted Tayler rated it it was ok
"No glowing recommendation based on what I read I'm afraid"

This book is far too short. It deals with complex and often troubling subject matter; there would never be enough space to do it justice in a short story like this. As for the writing; it's average, which means the story line is never elevated to the levels that should see it receiving 'great' reviews. The two UK reviews I've read here reflect my opinion. I often question the veracity of reviews attributed to a title that is so 'average'
Carrie-Anne O'Driscoll
As a survivor of domestic violence/stalking/sexual assault and now as a peace officer I was a bit disappointed by the actual length of the story. While well written, Dean could have done much more in describing the horror that Alexis is going through as well as the obvious manic episode that Wilfred is going through. The murder of "Vietnam Billy", a beloved character in the neighborhood known for protecting his neighbors was rather coldly delivered with no emotional narrative. I understand that ...more
Kathleen Downey
Sep 05, 2016 Kathleen Downey rated it it was amazing
Really intense

What a great short story. Very intense and kept me on the edge of my seat. Great writing by a wonderful author.
P.S. Winn
Aug 15, 2016 P.S. Winn rated it really liked it
Although too short this was a well written story that kept me fascinated as I followed the strange relationship between Wilfred Bachman and Alexis Fields. Wilfred has been dumped by Alexis, although he doesn't believe that possible and is not willing to give up the woman of his dreams. That is just the beginning of this mystery thriller. The ending leaves readers desperately wanting more, but since this is just book on, I am sure the author has a lot more to say.
Cheryl Earle
Feb 02, 2016 Cheryl Earle rated it it was ok
Honestly I didn't really enjoy this book. It was far too short even for a novella & seemed very rushed. There was no depth to the characters or storyline & I feel that the story should have been researched more given the seriousness of the topic. Disappointing, especially when compared to the synopsis.
Christy
Mar 21, 2016 Christy rated it liked it
Good read, but way too short. Domestic violence, dating violence, etc are major issues in our society, I agree..However, I was disappointed the story seemed to abruptly end. I didn't rely get a chance to know the characters. I wish this had been longer, but I wasn't, so I believe I will read the remaining pieces.
Benjamin Shaw
Feb 05, 2016 Benjamin Shaw rated it liked it
Not bad i guess

Not a bad book but not great either. I understand its short but five chapters and a plot which is too quick ruined this for me. It still was okay but I've read so much better. Sorry to the author if this offends them but honesty is the best policy.
Leslie Magee
Mar 24, 2016 Leslie Magee rated it it was ok
Predictable

The storyline was quite predictable, not suspenseful at all. It is listed as a short story, however it left me feeling I read the first few chapters of the book. Disappointing!
Jess
Aug 25, 2016 Jess rated it liked it
This was far too short even for a short story. I think the series has possibilities & since the next book is only $2.99 on Amazon, I'll give it a shot. I think the author could have made this book a little longer so we could really get to know the characters more.
Black Butterfly
Jan 07, 2016 Black Butterfly rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: READCHEAPLY
A VERY, VERY SHORT READ, I REALLY DIDN’T CARE FOR THE WRITING STYLE KINDA CONFUSING AT TIMES. THE STORYLINE JUMPS AROUND I GUESS BECAUSE OF THE LENGTH BEING SO SHORT. THIS IS JUST AN INTRODUCTION TO THE ALEXIS FIELDS THRILL SERIES. ;|
Bonny Millard
Aug 26, 2016 Bonny Millard rated it liked it
Stalking

Wilfred continued the chain of his mother and father and their abuse. I am not enamored of this type of story, it is too brutal for ebooks
Entertainment purposes.
Dan Meador
Dec 30, 2015 Dan Meador rated it really liked it
Interesting

Interesting read...ever feared someone but never wanted to actually think of the reality of capability? This book puts the mindset beyond the title says it in itself
Cynthia L. Turner
Jan 04, 2016 Cynthia L. Turner rated it it was amazing
INTENSE!!!!!

WOW, this is a really fast paced short thriller. Action packed with a "lot going on." It is not over yet for Alexis.
James Harris
Dec 27, 2015 James Harris rated it really liked it
Great book

This is a great suspense book to read. I will definitely get the rest of the book series to read.
Larry Rose
Larry Rose rated it did not like it
Aug 14, 2016
Susan Norton
Susan Norton rated it did not like it
Apr 29, 2016
Evie Granberry
Evie Granberry rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2016
David castro
David castro rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Heather Cunningham
Heather Cunningham rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2016
DEBORAH J FEICHTER
DEBORAH J FEICHTER rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
Kristin Kemp
Kristin Kemp rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Ginny Strait
Ginny Strait rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
matt schwegman
matt schwegman rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Majella Shannon
Majella Shannon rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2016
betty kington
betty kington rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Bogeyman Next Door
  • Hairspray and Homicide
  • Absolution (Frank Renzi, #1)
  • Dying for a Date (Laurel McKay Mysteries, #1)
  • Twisted Tears
  • Lifeguards and Liars (Summer in Diamond Bay, #1)
  • Thin Girls Don't Eat Cake
  • 13: The Story of the World's Most Notorious Superstition
  • Asking for Trouble
  • Death Wore Brown Shorts (Happy Holloway Mystery, #1)
  • The Trap (Agent Dallas Thriller, #3)
  • U.S. History, Volume II: 1865-Present
  • Fool's Journey
  • The Clock Strikes Midnight
  • The Best Is Yet to Come (The Best Girls, #0.5)
  • THE F WORD: Tales of a Fat Girl
  • CK-12 Trigonometry
  • Digging Up Bones (Birdwell, Texas Mysteries #1)