How Science Works: 100 Ways Parents and Kids Can Share the Secrets of Science

How Science Works: 100 Ways Parents and Kids Can Share the Secrets of Science

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Tackling the science literary crisis head-on, How Science Works is a unique learn-together guide to the basics of science--so simple that even science-phobic parents confidently can share the joy of discovery with their kids. "Hands-on" experiments help the reader to a clearer understanding of the world we live in. 700 full-color photographs and illustrations.
Published April 1st 1991 by Readers Digest (first published 1991)

Colleen
This is a wonderful book, introducing the fundamental principles of science. Although the book is geared for children, the entire family could learn from this book. (P through I). Any question a child may have a bout "how things work" can be found in thi sbook and explained in a way both a child and a non scientific minded adult could understand. In today's world, children use the web to have questions answered. But his book is fun to peruse with an adult where both the parent or teacher can int...more
Caroline L.
Ylva
Great resource for accessible science fair projects. Color pictures go over better than the more typical b&w drawings and clear directions means kids will be able to do it solo.

Dig it out again during summer break and for next years science fair.
Heather
the book my father got me when I was in elementary school helped me with runner up in the science fair that year. Great for kids. start young and they will love science just like I do.
Walt
Jul 05, 2011 Walt rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: other
Although written for younger audiences, some of the concepts are difficult for youngsters to understand.
Cws
Fari406hotmail.com
Fari406hotmail.com marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Joanne G.
Joanne G. marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Caryl
Caryl added it
Mar 20, 2014
Sreekanth Gannamaraju
Sreekanth Gannamaraju marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Inam Rao
Inam Rao marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Nick Cox
Nick Cox marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Trisha
Trisha added it
Dec 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Family Scientist Reader's Digest ~ How Science Works Wi Big Book Of Best Kept Secrets: 500 Seasonal Recipes (Best Kept Secrets Of The Women's Institute S.) But What About The Children?: A Working Parents' Guide To Child Care The Perfect Baby?