Start by marking “How Science Works: 100 Ways Parents and Kids Can Share the Secrets of Science” as Want to Read:
How Science Works: 100 Ways Parents and Kids Can Share the Secrets of Science

How Science Works: 100 Ways Parents and Kids Can Share the Secrets of Science

Tackling the science literary crisis head-on, How Science Works is a unique learn-together guide to the basics of science--so simple that even science-phobic parents confidently can share the joy of discovery with their kids. "Hands-on" experiments help the reader to a clearer understanding of the world we live in. 700 full-color photographs and illustrations.
Published April 1st 1991 by Readers Digest (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about How Science Works, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Science Works

Maryam Fehmina
Oct 14, 2014 Maryam Fehmina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very helpful book indeed! Full of interesting experiments of physics and chemistry. I myself did some of the experiments from it. More over, the describtion given in the book , for a particular topic is logical enough to satisfy the reader. The language is simple and lucid, easy for a 7th-10th grader to understand.
Colleen
Oct 12, 2013 Colleen rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful book, introducing the fundamental principles of science. Although the book is geared for children, the entire family could learn from this book. (P through I). Any question a child may have a bout "how things work" can be found in thi sbook and explained in a way both a child and a non scientific minded adult could understand. In today's world, children use the web to have questions answered. But his book is fun to peruse with an adult where both the parent or teacher can int ...more
Caroline L.
Ylva
Jan 23, 2012 Ylva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting-etc
Great resource for accessible science fair projects. Color pictures go over better than the more typical b&w drawings and clear directions means kids will be able to do it solo.

Dig it out again during summer break and for next years science fair.
Heather
May 05, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: when-i-was-a-kid
the book my father got me when I was in elementary school helped me with runner up in the science fair that year. Great for kids. start young and they will love science just like I do.
Walt
Jul 05, 2011 Walt rated it liked it
Shelves: other
Although written for younger audiences, some of the concepts are difficult for youngsters to understand.
Cws
Sep 10, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: j-nonfiction
J507.8Han
Awaisarif225
Oct 31, 2013 Awaisarif225 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good
Ng Bin
Ng Bin added it
Sep 23, 2016
Lauren Eames
Lauren Eames marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Kdakk
Kdakk added it
Aug 30, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Talha
Talha marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Mandy
Mandy added it
Jul 17, 2016
Karina Dulin
Karina Dulin marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Vi
Vi marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Melissa Killough
Melissa Killough marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Trishla
Trishla marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Elise G
Elise G rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Ethan
Ethan marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Sanjay Koranga
Sanjay Koranga marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Sam Rayburn
Sam Rayburn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016