Start by marking “Teacher's Pet” as Want to Read:
Teacher's Pet

Teacher's Pet (Teacher's Pet #1)

Lesson #1 Life Happens When You're Busy Making Other Plans

Is what she finds out when brilliant university student Lynora Minnelli meets the hot new Professor, Simon Foster, on campus.
Her reaction isn't what you might think. He gets her fired her from her job as a Teacher's Assistant all because of his shitty arrogant attitude.

He claims he doesn't need her but that prove
Published September 18th 2014 by Avery Phillips

To ask other readers questions about Teacher's Pet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teacher's Pet

Exposed by Scarlett AveryFrench Kiss by Scarlett AveryNever Say Never by Scarlett AveryAngels & Demons by Dan BrownSummoned by Rainy Kaye
Spring Break
60th out of 101 books — 3 voters
The Alion King by Milly TaidenTall, Dark and Panther by Milly TaidenMatch Made in Hell by Milly TaidenStripe-Search by Milly TaidenFur-gotten by Milly Taiden
Books of Smut!
100th out of 142 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

La-Lionne
The first day she starts working with him, he grabs her wrist, sits her down on his lap and starts rubbing her. Later he says that he has a tendency to get involved with people he shouldn't. Well, lucky for her, I guess.
In the book blurb it says she is smart and intelligent. She is not! She is always late, skips classes, is rude and disrespectful. How she got the job as a TA is beyond me, but author says that the heroine is smart and intelligent, that's all you need to know.

This is getting real
Michelle
So I was intrigued by the blurb and title of this story, I expected a little bit of a taboo story about a college professor and his TA. Although that is what I did get; I didn’t get the story that I really needed.

Simon is introduced as the replacement professor who is a little hot headed and very easy on the eyes. While Lynn is the shy student who is clearly not aware of her own attractiveness and is a little on the shy side. When they have two disastrous encounters prior to the first day of cla
Nichola
Oct 17, 2014 Nichola rated it it was ok
Okay so this book just didn't do it for me at all. It was just annoying and unrealistic.

Lynn pretty much fell in love in a matter of days with this professor Simon dude despite barely speaking to him throughout the day... Must be the lucky red apple that did it or the way he spoke to her like shit :/ .
-For a 22 year old woman she acted too childishly for my liking. I just wanted to kick some sense into her.

And sorry but what was with telling people she was seeing this guy!! For a smart student
Josie
Sep 16, 2016 Josie rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-book-own
Insta love, felt unrealistic, immature characters ( not really working when one of them is a professor).

Love the cover! Who doesn't wanna read the book with that cover?

Will I recommend : No
Kayla
Sep 30, 2014 Kayla rated it it was ok
I think this novel had a good bit of potential but it wasn't executed well at all. The main female character wasn't very solid - her disposition was all over the place. One second she was a meek, quiet character. The next she became head strong and open. Eh... I don't know. This just didn't work for me at all. Too many "yea, right" moments in the story and serious eye rolls.
Mare
Nov 13, 2014 Mare rated it it was ok
Quick read only 62pages. OK, everthing just seemed to happen so fast. I was surprised at how quickly Prof. Foster hit on Lynn with seemingly no regard to his career. Then her elusive roommate suddenly becomes her bff.
Loz
May 20, 2015 Loz rated it it was ok
She's an idiot and for a supposed thirty-something professor - he's a complete douche! The cliffhanger ending is fine with me, I have no interest in reading more about them.
Not poor writing, just terrible characters and an incredibly rushed plot.
Brandi
I go into a book like this with certain expectations. Unfortunately, this didn't meet those expectations. The writing seems choppy, the time line is miniscule, and the characters are boring.

I will not be finishing this series. I'm glad this was a free book.
Krista
Apr 06, 2016 Krista added it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Probably one of the lamest things I've ever read. Pure drivel.
Amanda
May 12, 2015 Amanda rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-i-own, ebook
What the fuck did I just read.
Tiffany Shaw
Feb 18, 2015 Tiffany Shaw rated it it was ok
Cliffhanger Cliffhanger Cliffhanger

So Lynn is awkward and beautiful and extremely insecure. She meets the rude but painfully hot Professor Foster and things go from bad to worse. One minute he's an ass the next he's Prince charming (if Prince charming put his hands down your pants) He's like a little boy picking on the girl he likes on the play ground. He says some really mean things to her and apparently it's all because he doesn't want to want her. But he does and she wants him though she feel
Debbie
Oct 23, 2014 Debbie rated it liked it
I saw this book and was intrigued by the whole teacher/student concept. Simon Foster is the hot college professor and Lynora is the mousy, naive student.

I liked the book well enough, but I don't like Lynn at all. She's a very weak female lead. She's either speechless and dumbstruck when she's in Simon's presence or she's smart mouthed and says hateful things without thinking. She's so naive and whiny. So annoying. Simon is Simon. He seems very sure of himself and what he wants and doesn't have t
Michelle
Aug 22, 2015 Michelle rated it did not like it
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!

The characters are contradictions of one thing to the next. She's supposed to be intelligent but Lacks enough smart to dress appropriate. Instead being frumpy. She's late, not accurate when grading papers, falls asleep in class, has no self confidence but thinks she's beautiful. And falls for her hot and hot headed, rude and dismissive new professor only a week after meeting him. Both characters are immature. With no emotional connection, no getting to know each other, and n
Cassie Kabrick
Feb 07, 2016 Cassie Kabrick rated it did not like it
frankly, this book was so bad, i almost didn't rate it because i didn't want anyone to know i had read it. i have never heard a professor talk to a student the way Simon does, which is completely appalling and if any employer were to talk that way, i hope a person would have the self-respect to walk out. and then, after completely degrading her, he grabs her by the wrists, pulls her into his lap, and starts touching her? can we say rape? this want erotica. this was horrible. slow moving and ...more
Nicky
Jul 09, 2015 Nicky rated it liked it
I had no idea this was just the first part of a series. I was left at the end of this book wanting more. But unfortunately seeing where this story leads has completely turned me off. But I enjoyed this first book for the most part. The earlier stages of the relationship were awkward and weird. I didn't love how anything he did and said to her was okay because she was just so turned on by him. It would have been good to see how these two work out their issues. But I think the next 2 1/2 books are ...more
Elizabeth
Feb 25, 2015 Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Very little actual character development combined with an unrealistic scenario left me wishing I could get the time spent reading this book back. The best thing about this one - it was incredibly short and free.
The author is new and this story has potential, but it needs work to get there. Simon has almost no character development and seems like a jerk. Lynn is slightly more developed as a character, but isn't someone I can like or respect.The ending is a cliffhanger that implies we can expect
Angela Hodkinson
Nov 13, 2015 Angela Hodkinson rated it it was ok
I will not lie, this book had a good story line, but it went way to fast. As a reader, I love details, I love learning more about the characters I'm reading about. As someone that enjoys reading about these situations, I had high expectations, but the book did not quite match up to those expectations. Don't get me wrong, I was cheering for Lynora and Simon, but it did not reach up to my expectations.
Nicole Johnson
Oct 31, 2014 Nicole Johnson rated it liked it
I liked everything about this book except Simon, he is a genuine jerk. The writing was fine, it was fast paced, quick read, the sex was good, but he turned me off. If you don't mind reading about genuine jerks like Simon then dive in, you'll probably LOVE this one. Not for me. I will say this series or serial has potential to turn into a great one depending on where the author takes the characters.
Andrea
Dec 21, 2015 Andrea rated it liked it
I was looking for a quick, fun read and the blurb and the title sounded like that's what it would be. Definitely quick, cliffhanger and serial book, which I didn't realize so that was disappointing. Not a fan of those. I enjoyed it enough, but I thought Lynn came off as annoying and shallow. Things moved too quickly not a lot of build and then for college level their behavior seemed out of place. Not sure I'll be continuing?
Kim Hanback
Sep 14, 2015 Kim Hanback rated it did not like it
I hate to be a "Debbie Downer" about this, but this book was added to my short list of "crap books". The heroine was an inexperienced twit and the hero was a perv. Heck, even the sex scene put me to sleep. Glad this one came in installments; no way in hell I could've finished this as a full length book.
Indya
Oct 13, 2014 Indya rated it it was amazing
An hot professor

Lynn was shocked to have a hot male professor take over as her new boss. she was more shocked to see her new boss want her in so many ways that were bad for the both of them. After temptation gave in she couldn't go back until one night she shoot him down and he felt hurt. the next day he did want she never expected which was fire her!
Karen C
Mar 30, 2016 Karen C rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
2.5 stars. I'm a little confused. This is part one of a story. when I finished I went to read the descriptions of parts 2 and 3 which only confused me more. This story has a lot of potential but leaves me unsure of its purpose. I am interested in the rest of the story but not enough to venture on right now.
Kerry
Jan 08, 2016 Kerry rated it liked it
I read this in a few days very easy to read but also predictable. This book uses every cliché going so really easy to figure out what's coming. When I reached the end you have the option to download the next installment with I didn't bother as I knew what it would be. If you want something easy to read then this is it.
Donna Feibusch
Feb 10, 2016 Donna Feibusch rated it really liked it
A Great Read!

I liked reading Teachers Pet, all about Professor Simon Forster a young thirty year old hot professor & a TA from one of his classes. Seems he did not really care for the TA, however he did make advances to her! The author wrote a very interesting story, and the characters brought said story to life. Read about the adventures with the professor and his TA.
Dreareneewrites
Sep 25, 2014 Dreareneewrites rated it it was amazing
The cover definitely got my attention! The story flowed nicely and the charachters are great. Lynn is smart, funny and emotional and her girlfriends are hillarious. Simon is more than sexy, he's cunning and manipulative which adds to the heat. I hope book 2 comes out soon!!
Eve
Oct 20, 2014 Eve rated it really liked it
An easy read that can keep you wanting to know more about it. But, if you're not into books that leave you half hanging at the end, then I suggest that you wait until all the books in this series are released before you pick it up.
Dorothy A Sterling Hill
Too short

I was enjoying the story line albeit stunted but it did not draw me in enough to purchase the next one. There is room to use some more descriptive scenes but considering the fact that this book seems geared to a very young genre it works.
Tara
Oct 24, 2014 Tara rated it liked it
There were a lot of editing errors. But that didn't really bother me too much. I found out this was Avery Phillips' first book.
Bravo!!
I really liked the MC. She had a good head on her shoulders. Oh and the schmexy times were niiiice.
Fatmata Sankoh
Nov 29, 2014 Fatmata Sankoh rated it it was amazing
Definitely a fantastic read and a must read. Though I must say I don't understand why Lynn had to keep explaining what is mean't to be kept private. She knows what the consequences are but she doesn't seem to mind. Hope it ends well for them and I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Brooke
Jun 05, 2015 Brooke rated it did not like it
Far-fetched storyline. Simon's an a-hole, plus completely inappropriate. I kept reading thinking it might get better, sadly, although this has a "cliff-hanger" ending, I won't be going back for book 2.
  • Playing with Power  (Book 1)
  • Teach Me Something New, Part 1
  • Preunion (High School Reunion, #1)
  • Stranger on the Shore
  • Bound to Him: The Billionaire's Beck and Call, Book Two
  • Licked (Devoured, #1)
  • Half-Blooded (Half-Blooded #1)
  • Two Men For Melanie (Game of Three, #1)
  • Perfectly Shattered (Sexy & Dangerous #1)
  • Oceans Apart: Book 1
  • You Only Live Once 1 (Brooklyn Bailey)
  • Alpha Games Volume 1
  • His Property - Season One
  • Hero (Billionaire Salvation, #1)
  • Falling For Him 1
  • The Player (Rouge Passion, #1)
  • Hardened (Vegas Nights, #1)
  • The Russian's Stubborn Lover (The Fedosov Family #1)

Teacher's Pet (4 books)