Start by marking “The Untameable Texan (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Untameable Texan (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #0.5)

The Untameable Texan (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm 0.5)

A second chance leads to sudden pregnancy in USA TODAY bestselling author Janice Maynard's epic Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm prequel novella…

Texas financier Jed Farrell always gets what he wantsexcept when it comes to the one who got away, Kimberly Fanning. Now he's here to settle old scores with his high school sweetheart at their ten-year reunion. But when t

Published October 1st 2014 by Harlequin Desire

To ask other readers questions about The Untameable Texan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Untameable Texan

Isabel
Oct 15, 2014 Isabel rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
Parce qu'on pourrait croire qu'avec une description pareille j'aurais évité le bouquin.
QUE NENNI!
Déjà, il aurait fallu que je lise la description.

Donc, au taf, j'm'emmerde et ça finit par me jouer des tours. Après la daube de l'autre jour, j'ai enchaîné là dessus. Avantage, c'est rapide. Désavantage ... TOUS LES CLICHES ROLLED INTO ONE BOOK.

Non mais sérieusement.

Donc je commence et puis Jed se retrouve dans sa ville de jeunesse, qu'il a quitté parce qu'il préfère la grande ville, et puis il est
Julie
The Untameable Texan by Joyce Maynard is a 2014 Harlequin Desire publication.

This short story is centered around Jed and his high school sweetheart, Kimberly. After high school, Kimberly breaks things off with Jed without really explaining why. Jed was angry and hurt for a very long time, but now with their high school reunion on tap, he plans to corner Kimberly and find out once and for why she broke his heart.

If you enjoy second chance love stories like I do then you know how hard it is to r
Paula Legate
I enjoyed this book. It is a cliffhanger left in a way that you want to buy the next book to find out what happens. I normally don't like cliffhangers, however the plot and character peaked my interest, and kept me intrigued. I will go on to buy the next book.

Jed and Kimberly were high school sweethearts. The two were crowned homecoming King, and Queen. When Jed left for college, it was Kimberly that wrote the dear John letter breaking things off. Jed has always loved her. At the high school reu
Melissa
Dec 28, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
This was a nice quick read. I do wish that it ended with an actual ending and not a cliff hanger. That always frustrates me.

So Jed was clearly still in love with Kimmie, but to afraid to admit it. And the same went for her. I guess allot was tied into this quick story but I wish we got the characters HEA in this book. I think the next book is Jed's brothers so fingers crossed it ends Jed's story with Kimmie as well but I have books to read before I can begin this series and that disappoints me g
Debbie
Nov 26, 2014 Debbie rated it really liked it
A good but short story with a cliff-hanger. Stay tuned.
Susan
Oct 19, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
Very short prequel to the newest Texas Cattleman's Club series. Jed has come back to Royal for his high school reunion for one reason. He wants to see Kim again and finally find out why she broke things off with him after he left for college. He has realized that he's never forgotten her and feels that he will never have a successful relationship until he deals with his past.

Kim is surprised to see Jed at the reunion, and not very happy when he makes it clear that they will talk before he leaves
Debbie Saraceni
Oct 04, 2014 Debbie Saraceni rated it really liked it
Good short story

Jimmie and Jed were childhood sweethearts that party ways when Jed went to college. He wasn't ready to break up but Jimmie let him go to take care of her grandmother. After all these years Jed wanted closure and decided to get it at their class reunion. Kimmie knew he was trouble from the beginning but couldn't stay away from him. Together they have a night of passion and when Jed wakes up she's gone. Weeks pass before he has a chance to seek her out but finds out a surprise once
Tonileg
Second chances romance set in Texas with a ten year high school reunion theme. Cliffhanger! This is one of those introduction to the book and the series type short stories
So Jed Farrell has never had a invested relationship since his first love, Kimberly Fanning. So when he has a chance to clear the air at their tenth school reunion dance, he goes for it and they end up in bed with some unplanned results which gives them both a second chance at love.
Super cute story in the harlequin style, but I
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Oct 12, 2014 Mrs. Garen L. Herd rated it really liked it
Good read

This book was pretty good, but ended very abruptly. It was also pretty short. You really didn't get much of a chance to get to know the characters very well. I'm buying the next to see what happens next.
Penny
Jun 23, 2015 Penny rated it it was ok
After the storm????? REALLY???

Well right about time the story gets good it ends.

I think it would've been a good story if it was complete it ends with the hurricane coming.

I thought it was titled after the storm.
Sandy
Oct 26, 2014 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Great book

Loved this book. The characters make you feel like you know what they are going through. The love makes you feel. good. I had to buy the next in the series as the teaser at the end for it was so good.
Tanya Mayes
Jan 29, 2015 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequin-desire
This was a really good read. I like to see two people who have unfinished business with each other come back together and find love. Jed was determine and Kimberly couldn't fight/hide from him or her feelings anymore. Short novella I wish it was longer.
Vikki Vaught
Oct 03, 2014 Vikki Vaught rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a great little book! Already downloaded the first one in the series. Great character development and a believable story. So glad I took a chance on this. This is not a typical read as a general rule.
Cindy
May 01, 2015 Cindy rated it liked it
Shelves: review, 3-stars
Nice story, but why so short? And why this ending?
There could have been used more words and details to write this story.
It would make it a better story.
Now it is just a nice read.
Marcy
Oct 24, 2014 Marcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great prequel to a series that deals with people coming together after a devastating tornado. The reunion story in this prequel was sweet.
Marilyn
Nov 06, 2014 Marilyn rated it really liked it
good

the short story is all about the renewing of a past relationship. the lo that hadn't changed. the way that they work about and a happy ending.
Wendy
Oct 18, 2014 Wendy rated it it was amazing
A great start

a reunited lovers story that leads into the next book.I'd suggest you have the next book to go right into. A great,quick,easy read.
Maryann Kantor
Maryann Kantor rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2015
Katzsouza4yahoo.Com
Katzsouza4yahoo.Com rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Marie Fowler
Marie Fowler rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
LK Merola
LK Merola rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Tammy
Tammy rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2014
Anne Jones
Anne Jones rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Misty
Misty rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Shawn
Shawn rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2015
TreLyn Cecile
TreLyn Cecile rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
sean mallary
sean mallary rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2015
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Rodeo Rebel (Texas Rodeo Barons, #0.5)
  • Destined for the Maverick (Montana Mavericks: 20 Years in the Saddle! #0.5)
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • Because of the Baby... (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #4)
  • Love Wears A Stetson: Wyatt (Love Wears a Stetson, #1)
  • Marcus Wilding: Duke of Pleasure (Dangerous Dukes, #1)
  • Island Peril (Aftershock, #3.5)
  • Learning to Love (Carson Hill Ranch #1)
  • One Night Heir (By His Royal Decree, #1)
  • Claiming His Own (Billionaires and Babies, #39)
  • Sheltered by the Millionaire  (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #2)
  • Shit Kickers & Stilettos (Heiresses In Aprons Book 1)
  • Breaking Rule Seven (Cowboy Casanova #1)
  • Rumor Has It (Texas Cattleman’s Club: A Missing Mogul #2)
  • Canyon / Hidden Pleasures
  • A Scandal, a Secret, a Baby\Marriage Scandal, Showbiz Baby!
  • The Prince She Had to Marry (Bravo Royales, #2)
  • Caught in the Spotlight (Hollywood, #1)
Janice Maynard came to the writing life early! When her third grade short story, “The Princess and the Robbers”, won a red ribbon in a school arts fair, Janice was hooked. She followed up that early success with a more commercial piece in the sixth grade… “Why My Mom Loves To Drink Coke”. No advance for that one, but she won a six-pack of Coke… remember those great little bottles?

In junior high Ja
More about Janice Maynard...

Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm (7 books)
  • Stranded with the Rancher (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #1)
  • Sheltered by the Millionaire  (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #2)
  • Pregnant by the Texan (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #3)
  • Because of the Baby... (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #4)
  • His Lost and Found Family (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #5)
  • More Than a Convenient Bride (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #6)
  • For His Brother's Wife (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm #7)