Start by marking “Kill Me, Kiss Me, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Kill Me, Kiss Me, Volu...

Lee Young You

Kill Me, Kiss Me, Volume 1 (Kill Me, Kiss Me #1)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  922 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
When Tae Yeon finds out that her favorite idol is attending the same school as her identical cousin Jung-Woo, she immediately devises a plan to get her man. Tae Yeon will dress as a boy and attend her cousin's school, while Jung-Woo will dress as a girl.
Hardcover
Published February 1st 2004 by Turtleback Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Kill Me, Kiss Me, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Me, Kiss Me, Volume 1

Elizabeth
Feb 20, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
This is my reread review, click to read my original review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I was planning on starting the fourth volume, but I kind of realized that I somewhat forgot what happened in this first volume (and also I just wanted to reread it because it's so good) so I reread it.

This series definitely has a lot of issues (as in problems, not chapters), but it's just so entertaining none the less.
Elizabeth
Oct 13, 2015 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 stars.

I liked this a lot more than I thought I would...

I bought volumes 2 and 3 from Book Outlet and I couldn't find the first volume from there or Chapters so I ended up reading this online.

This is basically Shakespeare's Twelfth Night set in a Korean highschool. Tae has got Bieber fever on this model named Kung Kang. Her lookalike cousin sees posters of Kung up in Taes room and comments on how he didn't know his classmate was a model. Cue Taes brilliant plan of the ol' gender switcharoo
Kitty Holmes
[Reseña Global 5/5]

K2 es un manhwa raro, con una trama y personajes con los que es imposible identificarse y un dibujo muy flojo. Tampoco es que sea la peor historia del mundo, algunos capítulos están entretenidillos, y la primera historia (esa que no tiene relevancia en la trama principal) me pareció simpática, pero personalmente creo que lo único peor que que algo no te guste, es que te deje indiferente. Y así es como me ha dejado K2.

Únicamente lo recomiendo para los fans de manhwa "abiertos d
Serena
Apr 04, 2015 Serena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Tae finds out that the model Kun goes to her look alike male cousin Jung-Woo's school, she conveniences him to switch places with her for a week to meet him. So begins their cross dressing, and when Tae meets Kun it's only after his best friend Ga-Woon beats her up. Tae finds herself unexpectedly up against Jung-Woo's unpopularity, and gangs, and what's more Kun and Ga-Woon may be falling for a her they think is a he, until Kun spots Jung-Woo in a dress (whose side of things would have been ...more
Starbubbles
Sep 11, 2010 Starbubbles rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manhwa
Jessica(WonderlandReviews)
Holly Letson
TaeYeon is in love with the well-known male magazine model, Kun Kang. Or, at least, her huge celebrity crush makes her thing she is. So, when she hears that Kun attends the same school as her identical cousin, Jun-Woo, she is willing to give him whatever it takes to get him to switch places with her so that she can be close to her beloved Kun.
But, up close, Kun is different than the man she imagined. Also, she is thrown into the middle of her cousin's life "teenage delinquient" lifestyle. So,
Yoonmee
Cousins Tae Yeon and Jung-Woo look exactly alike, so when Tae Yeon discovers her favorite teen idol and crush Kun Kang goes to the same high school as Jung-Woo, she convinces him to switch places with her in an effort to get closer to Kun. But when Tae Yeon arrives at Jung-Woo’s high school, she is in for more than she bargained for! Apparently Jung-Woo has made an enemy of Ga-Woon, agang leader within the school and Tae Yeon is forced to either fight for her life or join the gang, all while try ...more
Echo
Feb 28, 2012 Echo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I didn't think the story was very good, but I've read far, far worse, and I liked the art style. The story seemed pretty contrived, which I feel silly for saying because that's probably true of manga I've read that I liked much better. But, for example, at the very beginning, the main character is describing her younger male character. She says that he looks just like her, then goes on to say that he even has her mannerisms and everything. First of all, that goes beyond my suspension of disbelie ...more
Elin
"Kill me, Kiss me" is a cute story about a girl changing gender for a week with her (male) cousin for a week to get to know a boy she adores.
It feels a bit rushed and there are alot more the author could have done with the dilemma but I still liked it. It was like a good cookie, not a yummy brownie, but a good sweet cookie.
Adulee
Jan 06, 2016 Adulee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moje první Manhwa. A musím říct, že líp jsem začít nemohla. Velice milý a vtipný kousek. Ga Woona jsem si hned oblíbila, roztomilej drsňák s a Tae-yeon taková malá drsňačka, všem dokázala nakopat zadek :D Jsem zvědavá na druhý díl. Jung-Woo a nová láska? to zní dost dobře :P
Katie
Dec 22, 2012 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is for the first volume only.

Kill Me, Kiss Me is an enjoyable manga to read. Like many shoujo manga it starts off with a young girl that wants to get closer to the idol/boy that she likes. She switches places with her cousin who happens to look just like her in order to go to the same school as her idol. There she meets not only her idol but his annoying best friend that she ends up spending a lot of time with.

In the end she has to decide whether or not she wants the brash punk or t
Alexandra
Mar 31, 2014 Alexandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Jumpy storyline, shallow dialog, and not enough backstory.
Vanessa Martinez
May 16, 2015 Vanessa Martinez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very cute but hard to follow who is who.
Lucinda
Feb 28, 2015 Lucinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Loved this book, first read it when I borrowed it, then bought my own copy.

The names took me a bit to get used to, I'd read Japanese manga before, and was sued to those names, but had never come across Korean names before.

Thes story is funny and silly at times, and the fight scenes are good too. ^_^
Kelly Danahy
Jul 04, 2013 Kelly Danahy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, owned, awww-so-cute
Of course, these stories tend to be predictable and the dialogue a bit cheesy/out-dated but I just love them. I'm a sucker for character(s) cross-dressing. The gender-bending is hilarious.
Wee!wawaLAA!!!
Nov 26, 2008 Wee!wawaLAA!!! rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gender bender~
I remember the plot line, but this is the 1st part of the series. It focuses around the two twins, and well, really REALLY weird things happen when they switch places. :)
Rose Dawson
Tato manga mě hned od začátku dostala.Příběh byl originální a hlavně takový školní ze života,takže žádné fantasy,ale moc se mi to líbilo.Těším se na další pokračování.
April
Jul 06, 2010 April rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There was nothing too shocking or groundbreaking here, but it was an enjoyable read with lots of gender bending and a nice flashback at the end
Ericka annamarie
Oct 22, 2013 Ericka annamarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
all you need to know- identical cousins, one male, one female, they switch places and funny,romantic,angsty times happen and it is all awesome!
GiraffeAndy
May 09, 2013 GiraffeAndy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Moje první manwha...občas to bylo trochu zmatečné, ale jinak krásná kresba i fajn příběh, moc mě to bavilo. Na odreagování super! =))
Kateřina Vaňková
Včerejší (re)reading celé série. Druhý a třetí díl čtený anglicky na netu, pátý díl čtený stejně jako předchozí jmenované poprvé.
Kayla Jackson
Very interesting. A little bizarre. I don't quite understand the fascination with cross dressing but overall a cute storyline.
Jennette
Sep 03, 2015 Jennette rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was so bored with this series

Its just a regural every day school themes manga

Just boring I couldn't take it
Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
By far the best manwha I've read, and definitely in the top 20 manga I've read. Very awesome and intriguing story.
Rae Parker
Kill me Kiss me was a good book, I liked it a lot and it was very interesting I want to read the rest of the books.
Alicia
Apr 18, 2009 Alicia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls
Shelves: manga
This book was a lot of fun and the art is beautiful. I really enjoyed these look alike cousins.
Adelexo
Jun 06, 2012 Adelexo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-2012
... protože se mi děsně pletlo, jestli je to ten její bratránek nebo ona sama.
Sophie
Read all of this manhwea (korean manga) series. Awesome and exciting
Vendea
Dec 05, 2012 Vendea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-own
Skvělé téma, krásná oddychovka na hodinku. Moc hezoučká kresba.
  • Snow Drop, Volume 1
  • Forbidden Dance, Vol. 1
  • Demon Diary, Volume 02
  • Model, Volume 2
  • I.N.V.U., Volume 3
  • Pita Ten, Vol. 02
  • Juvenile Orion, Volume 1
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 4 (Eerie Queerie!, #4)
  • Dream Saga, Vol. 01
  • Your and My Secret, Vol. 1
Lee Young You (이영유, too spelled Lee Young-you or sometimes Yong-yu Yi) is a female creator of Korean manhwa. Her Zodiac sign is Aries and her blood type is AB.
More about Lee Young You...

Kill Me, Kiss Me (5 books)
  • Kill Me, Kiss Me Volume 2 (Kill Me, Kiss Me, #2)
  • Kill Me, Kiss Me Volume 3 (Kill Me, Kiss Me, #3)
  • Kill Me, Kiss Me Volume 4 (Kill Me, Kiss Me, #4)
  • Kill Me, Kiss Me Volume 5 (Kill Me, Kiss Me, #5)