Start by marking “Under the Shadow” as Want to Read:
Under the Shadow

Lana Yvette Williams

Under the Shadow

Published 2014 by LYW Publications

To ask other readers questions about Under the Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Shadow

Cheri Swalwell
Oct 07, 2014 Cheri Swalwell rated it really liked it
I had the opportunity to read Under the Shadow by Lana Yvette Williams. It was a true story of the recovery of her son from a horrific car accident. I have a friend whose husband suffered the same fate, a horrific car accident, and have tried to picture their struggles as a family while he has been recovering for over a year now. This book gave me a glimpse, just a glimpse into the suffering that takes place when people are severely injured.

As wonderful as it was to read Ms. William’s journal t
Pat
Aug 25, 2015 Pat rated it really liked it
Under the Shadow, by Lana Williams, is one of the most tedious, slow-moving books I have ever read. Considering the subject matter, I believe the author paced it that way for a very good reason.

This is the story of singer/songwriter Mark Williams, who sustains multiple catastrophic injuries after a head on collision with a drunk driver. His mother, Lana Yvette Williams, the author of the book, relates, sometimes one painstaking moment at a time, the details of Mark’s recovery.

The book brings to
Janice Garey
Nov 09, 2014 Janice Garey rated it it was amazing
Review Title: Healing from Trauma: A Christian Perspective (a review of Under the Shadow by Lana Y. Williams)
Reviewer: Janice S. Garey
*****5 Stars
This book is a journal of the traumatic and triumphant journey of the author's family through the first hours after their son's auto accident, through reparitive surgeries, and on through to recovery in the sense of the best possible outcome.

The support of friends, and also strangers in the waiting room, and on hospital staff, met the family right wher
Shirley
Oct 26, 2014 Shirley rated it really liked it
Under the Shadow: A True Story
By Lana Yvette Williams
Pub: LYW Publications c.2004

One of a parent’s greatest fears is having a child involved in a major accident. This is what Lana Williams faced when her son Mark is his head-on by a drunk driver in Nashville, TN, in December of 2001. She and her husband Dave received the call that all parents dread, but they have the added stress of being several hours away in Minnesota.
Mark is critically wounded in the wreck. His feet are crushed. His legs
Mary
Sep 28, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it
“Under the Shadow” is a detailed biography written by Lana Yvette Williams. Lana Williams kept a journal throughout her son Mark’s painful journey from healthy young man, to auto accident, and throughout his treatment and recovery. This is a miraculous story about God’s grace and the faith of this family, as well as the faithfulness of folks around them.
Mark suffered horrendously, due to his many injuries after being hit by a drunk driver, and because of his pain, his mother also suffered. She
Phyllis Freeman
Sep 24, 2014 Phyllis Freeman rated it really liked it
under the shadow by Lana Yvette Williams

When I first started reading this book, I thought I might need to give it up. As a caregiver, I felt the heaviness experienced by Mark David Williams and his mother after his horrible car wreck. I’ve lived a traumatic journey with my husband’s injury and illnesses. I didn’t think I wanted to feel these same feelings again from someone else’s journey.

I read a little more and related to the Author/Mother. Her transparency and yet her solid faith caused me
Donna Mcginnis
Sep 29, 2014 Donna Mcginnis rated it really liked it
What an amazing true story of heartache, faith and trust in God, suffering, healing, strength and sacrifices. I can't begin to imagine what Mark and his family went through and what they endured.
Mark a healthy young man with a bright future all ended when he was hit head on by a drunk driver. His injuries so horrendous that it seemed impossible that he would recover. It was hard to read about all he has gone through and the details of the damage that was done to his body, the pain he had day an
Joan
Nov 04, 2014 Joan rated it liked it
Williams kept a journal when her son was in the hospital for months aver being hit by a drunk driver. This is a very detailed account of the day. It often reads like a journal, giving times and activities. If one is interested in what happens, how the family copes, what all is required after a severe injury, this is the book to read. She is honest about her own struggles, her own pains from sleeping in chairs, etc. For me, it was too detailed. But, when I hear about an accident, I will now have ...more
Victoria
Oct 16, 2014 Victoria rated it really liked it
I read this book and found it full of faith and hope in God. It was well written, though in places it seemed to have too much unneeded information. It was written more as a diary or journal, and that is not my favorite type of book. Even though this isn't MY favorite style, many people enjoy this type and I would recommend this book to you. It let you into their lives and you felt more like you were included and not just an outside observer. Both mother and son share in telling the story, so you ...more
Jenn S.
Nov 03, 2014 Jenn S. rated it liked it
This is a well written account of how one family endures and keeps their faith strong in the face of personal tragedy. I couldn't imagine having to go through what this family does. Reading through their experience brought tears and smiles. This is a great read especially for someone who might be struggling with their faith or going through difficult times. I received an evaluation copy through Book Club Network in exchange for an honest review.
Ramona
Ramona rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2014
Anish
Anish marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Lisa Anderson
Lisa Anderson marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Shary
Shary marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016