Start by marking “Lost in the Tsunami: Women's Adventure” as Want to Read:
Lost in the Tsunami: Women's Adventure

Lost in the Tsunami: Women's Adventure

What would you do if one day, without any warning, your child disappeared as if the earth had swallowed them?

There one moment, and the next moment - gone. This is the story that Ronnie’s mother, Anna, had to go through.

Was Ronnie kidnapped? Did she run away? Did the worst possible happen? And maybe 21-year-old Ronnie got tired of Anna? Tired of her meddling and pressing, a
Published September 6th 2014 by Dorit Silverman

To ask other readers questions about Lost in the Tsunami, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in the Tsunami

Debi Lantzer
Jan 01, 2015 Debi Lantzer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tomoson
When I first started trying to read this book, that's what kept happening - I was just trying and couldn't get into it. I thought maybe this book would be dragging, but then something happened - I got caught up in the story and I couldn't put the book down.

As the story progresses, Anna is trying to find her missing daughter, Ronnie, but she doesn't know where she went. She is like every mother worrying when she hasn't seen or heard from her child. She isn't sure if Anna was kidnapped or if she a
Merrin
Oct 01, 2014 Merrin rated it it was amazing
This book Tsunami by Dorit Sliverman,is a very enjoyable fictional story and captures your heart in so many different ways at least mine,. including the depth and details of the characters written about, it is very detailed and gives you a since of who Anna & Ronny are. It really sucked me in within just a few pages and has such great suspense!!! This is a book worth the read to curl up on the couch or your bed at the end of a long day. Grab that Kindle or E-reader and enjoy the ride and ...more
Liza Cochico
Oct 01, 2014 Liza Cochico rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found the book a bit dragging at the beginning (or maybe it is just me), but as the story progressed and Anna started finding clues about Ronny's disappearance, I became more interested. Like Anna, I kept thinking too, on what must have happened to Ronny. Typical of a mother who worries a lot when she hadn't seen or heard from her child for a few days.

I still remember the Tsunami in Thailand back in 2004. I was glued on TV watching the devastation and praying for those who survived. Merely wat
Melissa T
Sep 24, 2014 Melissa T rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Ok, I haven't gotten wrapped up in a book like I did with this one in a long time. I honestly could not put it down. It was so easy to imagine this story unfolding before my eyes, more as a documentary than a book. It was true to its plot. The emotions and actions of the characters were real. The author did a wonderful job of writing this book in a way that draws the reader in and keeps their interest. I was actually sad when the story ended and will be reading it again in the near future.
Bebea Boney
Oct 22, 2014 Bebea Boney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that hooks you at the beginning and never lets go until the very end. It shows that a mother will do whatever, whenever - just to make sure her child, even a grown one, is safe from harm. The struggles of letting a grown child find there own way is something any parent can understand. The action and suspense in this book doesn’t take away from that struggle, either.

I received this book for free in exchange for my honest opinion.
Courtney Eskald
Oct 19, 2014 Courtney Eskald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am still currently reading this book. I cannot put it down. I like how the chapters are not too long. I am a stay at home mom with two kiddos and I only get to read before I go to bed, during naps (if my 2 year old naps), and a little when my fiance gets home and before I cook dinner. Usually I do not really get to read during those times, I end up cleaning or doing laundry etc.
As for the book I do not want to spoil it... all I can say is I hope she finds her daughter!
Leigh
Sep 30, 2014 Leigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Lost in the Tsunami" is a powerful story that involves the real-life tsunami that struck India in 2004. The story quickly sucks you in like an undertow will pull you out to sea. Anna and Ronnie are well-written characters, a mother and daughter struggling with the unknown as Anna searches for Ronnie, unaware that she has run away, and Ronnie runs from all that is familiar. It's a story you won't want to put down.
Pam
Nov 08, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, reviews
While it felt a little dragging in the first few chapters, I found myself hooked later on – until the very end. Lost in the Tsunami really touches the heart right at the very start and, as a mom, made me very emotional all throughout the book.

Read more of my review here:
Catspirit
Nov 21, 2014 Catspirit rated it liked it
Story was good

I did like this story because as a mom I could relate to a missing adult daughter. But, I hate to be so critical but there were so many misspellings and punctuation mistakes it was often hard to follow the story. Also it was a bit too long in its descriptions of places and things. I think with a few corrections this could be a excellent book.
Alice
Nov 25, 2014 Alice rated it liked it
Lost in the tsunami

I'm going to give a honest review here. The storyline was just barely ok. The spelling was awful. So many mistakes. Very hard to keep reading when you have to guess what they are trying to say. I did finish the book but don't believe I would attempt another book by this author. Sorry.
Jeffrey Gren
Feb 23, 2015 Jeffrey Gren rated it really liked it
Are mothers of daughters really?

I would recommend this mothers of girls. They are a blessing, but a source of agitation as they mature into their own personna, forgetting as they grow up and away we still think of them as our children.
Nicolene
Jun 21, 2015 Nicolene rated it it was ok
This book is rather different in many ways and because of this I found it hard to get into initially or make any connection with it. I had expected to get more from it than I did. There are quite a few errors throughout the book which if sufficiently edited could enhance the book more.
Joyce Banks
Jul 07, 2015 Joyce Banks rated it really liked it
Good imagry

This book ran a full gambit of emotions in the Mom, taking us with her. The images of India were amazing.
Cindy Houston
May 26, 2015 Cindy Houston rated it it was amazing
Lost In The Tsunami

Recommend to several of my friends who are going through tough times. It will be ok. This story shows you what's important in true life!
Mary Carlesimo
Nov 23, 2014 Mary Carlesimo rated it liked it
Interesting read

Liked the story. Unfortunately it was full of misspellings and that really detracted from the storyline. Would have enjoyed much more with editing.
Maryann B. Bray
Maryann B. Bray rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2015
Nancy Newhall
Nancy Newhall rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Sherry Malone
Sherry Malone rated it did not like it
May 25, 2015
Newell Starks
Newell Starks rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Alison
Feb 25, 2016 Alison marked it as to-read
kindle 203
diana reid
diana reid rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2016
Jeanette
Jeanette rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2015
Janene
Janene rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Ilo Hall
Ilo Hall rated it really liked it
May 26, 2015
Jami Smith
Jami Smith rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Jonathan Vine
Jonathan Vine rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
Martha Hawkins
Martha Hawkins rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
David Sanders
David Sanders rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Jacquelynn Kettering
Jacquelynn Kettering rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Nancy Dininger
Nancy Dininger rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2015

“could see people standing on the beach staring at the wave, immobilized, in a trance, as if they were watching a movie. They didn’t think that what was happening in the ocean would reach the shore. Even if they ran as fast as they could, they wouldn’t have been able to escape it. They were screening a new clip from Thailand or Indonesia. It showed a little boy climbing up the trunk of a tree as the tidal wave flattened the tall palm trees. “The earthquake started near the Sumatra Islands in Indonesia.” 0 likes
“But it’s a joke. You can never really know your children, especially once they leave your body and become their own people.” 0 likes