Running From Mercy

Running From Mercy

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Mercy, Georgia is the last place on earth Pam Mayes wants to return to but burying her twin sister Paris leaves her no choice. Eighteen years ago she fled the stifling little town, escaping the gossip and scandal, and now it all comes crashing back. Let the people of Mercy tell it, Pam is the town's one and only disgrace.
Published January 1st 2008 by Urban Books (first published July 30th 2006)

OOSA
Runaway Love

Paris and Pam are twins that grew up a group home in Mercy , Georgia . Although identical, the sisters were as different as night and day. Paris, the quiet one, always believed in doing the right thing, while Pam, the loud one, had a reputation for being the fast one.

Eventually, Pam left Mercy, vowing to never return. Unfortunately, that vow is broken as she must go back to bury her twin. While she's there to be a support system, she's also hoping to get things done and get away bef...more
Paige
Ever heard the saying, "You think you know but you have no idea?" Without a doubt Terra Little's book follows this premise...Paris reluctantly returns to the small town of Mercy when her sister passes away. Once there both Paris and the reader are in for some suprises they didn't expect...Paris learns information about her past she never knew, the lives of Paris' neice and her brother in law are changed forever, and a stranger is lurking in the background who is so determined to have fame he wil...more
Bree
This was an interesting book. It took me a minute, but I finally got into it. It was a good story. Poor Pamela Hayes went thru so much. It was cruel what Paris did to her, but I am glad she forgave Paris and went on with her life. It was sad that it took Paris to die for all this truth to come out. I give this book 4 stars. Just finished on December 30th!!!!
Kadesha Samuel
Sep 23, 2008 Kadesha Samuel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who runs from problems
This book teaches you that no matter gow much you try to run from something it is always going to catch up to you. Pam tried to run away from her past until it finally caught up with her. Finally she faced her past and it made her present much easier and hopefully stay the same for the future.
Delonya
It started off very slow but built up to a very satisfying read. I read her other two books first and the writing style differs greatly between Running From Mercy and the Where There's Smoke series even so author Terra Little really knows how to tell a story.
This was a surprisingly good book. It first started out as kind of predictable, but quickly turned into a very engaging and interesting read. There was quite a twist at the end which I enjoyed, and overall I was pleased with the ending. It is a quick fun read.
Brittney Green
Impressive! However, I do believe that this book was drawn out a bit. The secrets thst were revealed had my mouth wide opened..did not see it coming!! Overall, great job.
Michelle Kasper hagerty
I had the hardest time getting into this book. I found it very predictable and ended up skipping parts of it just to get to the end. I would not recommend.
BW Diva

This was a great read.....it had it funny and sad moments but overall it was a very interesting read
Rochelle Mitchell
This was a great book to read. This book shows just what true love is and good thing comes to those who wait.
Denise Williams
A great book all the twists and turns from Pam's past that she has to face head on.
Tominka
I enjoyed this book. Loved when Pam and Chad finally got together.
Punkin
it was a shocker
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Teresa Slater
Teresa Slater marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I'm a critically acclaimed author with a few nationally published books under my belt. I write mostly contemporary and women's fiction, but I've recently added romantic fiction to the list.

I live in Missouri, where I teach English Literature on the secondary level. As you might imagine, I absolutely love to read, almost freakishly to the exclusion of doing anything else, and, if you're here, you p...more
More about Terra Little...
Where There's Smoke Where There's Smoke 2 Jump Beneath Southern Skies Running from Mercy