The River of Wind (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #13)

The River of Wind (Guardians of Ga'Hoole #13)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  3,093 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Coryn, Soren and the Chaw of Chaws ride a river of wind to discover a realm of endless wonders where dwells a society of mysterious owls, the like of which has never before been seen.

Meanwhile, journeying in the known kingdoms, Primrose and Eglantine stumble upon a plot by Nyra to kill the young king and his companions in a distant snowy land. Too late to get help from th...more
Published July 1st 2007 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The River of Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The River of Wind

The Capture by Kathryn Laskythe Soar by Hannah E. O'NealThe Rescue by Kathryn LaskyThe Siege by Kathryn LaskyThe First Collier by Kathryn Lasky
Best Fantasy Books On Owls
7th out of 22 books — 9 voters
Wesley the Owl by Stacey O'BrienThe Capture by Kathryn LaskyThe Owl and the Pussycat by Edward LearHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingThe Owl Keeper by Christine Brodien-Jones
Owls
37th out of 64 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Aparajitabasu
Book 13, The River of Wind, finally the series i almost coming to an end.

The owl Bess has been studying The Others for sometime. They have had strange markings, maps, and the special "winged ones" all clues that suggest that the owls aren't alone or weren't, at one point. But in the scraps of strange objects, lies a map of a strange sixth kingdom.

Bess calls Soren and the entire Chaw of chaws to investigate and see where this sixth kingdom lies. To find this place they must go on an air current...more
Resistance is Futile
Coryn, Soren, and the Chaw of Chaws discover a sixth kingdom of owls across the ocean. While they are on a diplomatic envoy, evil war-like owls make trouble back home. This 13th installment of the Ga’Hoole series is cute (like all the others), but I’m afraid some of my enjoyment has ebbed after slogging through so many books. In the first several books the plot got thicker as each book progressed, but that development ended somewhere in the middle. Now, it just seems she throws in something new...more
Seoyeon
Ms. Mielke's Class
How would you feel if you had never been to a new world and you were heading there right now? I wouldn’t really want to go. But when you need to see them and ask them questions then you would be in the same place in your life as Coryn, and the Chaw of Chaws. They show amazing courage when they have to battle different things that they have never been around let alone heard of. If you want to figure out what all of these things are then you might want to read the book. - LH
Ashley
Honestly, I don't know how Kathryn Lasky does it-her creative ideas are never-ending. "The Guardians of Ga'Hoole" series is definitely one of my favorites. Of all of the books in this series, I think "The River of Wind" is my all-time favorite. She can turn one idea into a entire series that makes you feel as if you were actually there......If you ever see one of the books in the Ga'Hoole series, pick it up and read it....best books ever!
Ashley
Soren
Okay, i have been with this 5 years. What I will say now is going to be too much for a lot of you, but thanks to this book I'm a reader. It is my favourite book, and it means too much for me. AAghh! This is difficult. Now, I'm a fantasy reader, but it doesn't matter. Since I'm not going to make a review of every book, I'm going to rate this one, that is my favourite.
I don't know what to say. I read this when I had read the name of the wind, but still, I like it so much I could weep. It's a fanta...more
Kentonulmer
Coryn, Soren and the band discover writings by owls describing a path using wind currents to a previously unknown middle kingdom. These writings are older and leads to questions of how much more intelligent are these owls? Are they war-like? Peaceful? Who should go on the mission? Who should stay? All questions that must be answered by the young king Coryn and his new kingdom.
Frankie
A new kingdom, the sixth kingdom, known as the Middle Kingdom, is discovered! Owls of an unseen hue of blue are suddenly relevant. Through tumultuous winds the band flies... but then the pure ones follow. Metal Beak is seen once more, only to escape... but not without toll. Many tytos die in the skirmish causing the devilish group to become weaker than ever.
Aimee
I was very disappointed in this installment of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole. One thing I loved most about these books was all the research it seemed went into them. Scientific names were used, proper habitats and illustrations were conducted but now its all gone. Now there are blue owls who cant fly. No wonder this series only has two more books to it.
Heather Voyer
I was flying through (hee hee) this series until recently when I caught up with the person just ahead of me at the library. I found this book a bit slow at the beginning, but by the end, I really wanted to read the next book! Unfortunately, I need to wait until the person ahead of me is done with it.
Kayla
I enjoyed reading this book. It was packed full of adventure and action. New characters were introduced, and they will prove to be important in the last two books to come. Weather their purpose is good or bad? Well that is still to be discovered....
Vaughn
The thing that I really liked about this book was its allusions to Chinese culture, the "Hee naow, hee naow" was a dead give-away, as well as "The Middle Kingdom." I liked that bit, as well as the philosophical influences and tricks: Lasky's good at that.
Rahul
Series Description:

Book Description:
Am on the 13th out of 15 books in the series and am still kept in suspense waiting to finish the series and see how it ends. :)
King Hoole
This one was good and interesting though not my favorite of the series. (The GOG is my favorite book series of ALL-TIME) I geuss I found it a tad confusing but it worked in the end. It was good!
Beka
Wow! This just adds another dimension to this story. I don't see how she'll be able to wrap up the storyline in the few books left. Again, I can't wait to get to the next one.
Jeri
So far this has been my least favorite of the series....It is a fabulous series, but this one was a little too "zen" for me. I wonder where the story will go from here.
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Another tale of Ga'Hoole... Soren's owlet, Bell, disappears and may have fallen into the wrong hands and the Band discovers there may be a sixth owl kingdom.
Benjamin T.
It was very cool because they met an new species of owls that are blue and it was a land they had never known before. It was also a good mystery.
Darren
Jul 18, 2010 Darren rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Darren by: Linda Stewart
Pretty good. This is like the beginning of a developing story. I like the Asian influence of the new kingdom. More evil in store for the future.
Sally Siawidjaja
Jan 27, 2010 Sally Siawidjaja rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fantasy fans
Recommended to Sally by: no one
Another mystery reveal the sixth kingdom owl. I imagine the blue owl like peacock. Is it like peacock? I wish they made it into a movie.
Sofia
The owls go to a new world. Nice storyline, but a new world? This was my least favorite of the fifteen books in the series.
Only two more books to go in the series, then I can start reading Percy Jackson to my son :)
Barbara
this series was very nice in the beginning but I am beginning to believe it has run its course.
Karen
I'm really starting to lose interest in these books but for the age level, they're pretty good.
Andrew
Revealing a new area for my owl friends to explore, this is (once again) an exceptional book!!!
Bill Tillman
Another great tale about owls, this time with a new cast from the 6th Kingdom. Think Blue.
Michel
I think this was pretty interesting, to bad no owls flew around with a giant orange ribbon
Emily Dambach
The blue olws went to far.. i stopped reading after they came into the picture!
Noah Timmerman
This was pretty good but i was most likely my least favorite
  • Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • The Last Wilderness (Seekers, #4)
  • Dark Fire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #5)
  • Urchin and the Raven War (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #4)
Kathryn Lasky is the American author of many critically acclaimed books, including several Dear America books, several Royal Diaries books, 1984 Newbery Honor winning Sugaring Time, The Night Journey, and the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series. She lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Her latest book, Guardians of Ga'Hoole Book 15: The War of the Ember, was released on November 1, 2008. Guardians of Gahoo...more
More about Kathryn Lasky...
The Capture (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #1) The Journey (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #2) The Rescue (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #3) The Siege (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #4) The Burning (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #6)

“And if you can't imagine, nothing will ever happen.” 7 likes
“For Twilight, it was like the echo of a song- a song from long ago. He could almost remember some of the words, but had no clue as to where they had come from. There had been a wonderful voice singing it, singing this song just for him. A voice like silk? Satin? Like liquid moonlight, it flowed, it curled around him and suffused him with a glowing warmth.” 2 likes