Start by marking “The River of Wind (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #13)” as Want to Read:
The River of Wind (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #13)

The River of Wind (Guardians of Ga'Hoole #13)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  4,392 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
Coryn, Soren and the Chaw of Chaws ride a river of wind to discover a realm of endless wonders where dwells a society of mysterious owls, the like of which has never before been seen.

Meanwhile, journeying in the known kingdoms, Primrose and Eglantine stumble upon a plot by Nyra to kill the young king and his companions in a distant snowy land. Too late to get help from th
Published July 1st 2007 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The River of Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The River of Wind

Aparajitabasu
Jan 23, 2011 Aparajitabasu rated it it was amazing
Book 13, The River of Wind, finally the series i almost coming to an end.

The owl Bess has been studying The Others for sometime. They have had strange markings, maps, and the special "winged ones" all clues that suggest that the owls aren't alone or weren't, at one point. But in the scraps of strange objects, lies a map of a strange sixth kingdom.

Bess calls Soren and the entire Chaw of chaws to investigate and see where this sixth kingdom lies. To find this place they must go on an air current
Ashley
Mar 08, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I don't know how Kathryn Lasky does it-her creative ideas are never-ending. "The Guardians of Ga'Hoole" series is definitely one of my favorites. Of all of the books in this series, I think "The River of Wind" is my all-time favorite. She can turn one idea into a entire series that makes you feel as if you were actually there......If you ever see one of the books in the Ga'Hoole series, pick it up and read it....best books ever!
Cbilinski3
May 26, 2015 Cbilinski3 rated it really liked it
Soren wanted to travel to the newly discovered 6th kingdom of owls with his friends from the Ga,hoole tree. But then Elentine, Sorens Sister, found out that the evil Nyra followed them with her group of soldiers to assassinate Soren and Coyron. So Elentine traveled to the new kingdom to warn Soren. Then in am epic battle the fate of Coyron and Soren is decided. The River Of Wind is about courage, curiosity, and exploration.
Emma
Oct 12, 2016 Emma rated it it was amazing
Best book in the series.
Jeremy Gallen
Sep 14, 2016 Jeremy Gallen rated it really liked it
In the thirteen installment of author Kathryn Lasky’s Guardians of Ga’Hoole saga, Coryn, Soren and their friends discover another nation of owls known as the Middle Kingdom, to which they journey with help from the titular River of Wind, and find its inhabitants to be very peculiar, from their feather color to their customs. This entry is pretty much on par with its predecessors, by no means a bad thing, although as with prior installments, the author refers to specific owl breeds by their real- ...more
Cara
Rachel
May 13, 2012 Rachel rated it liked it
Coryn, Soren, and the Chaw of Chaws discover a sixth kingdom of owls across the ocean. While they are on a diplomatic envoy, evil war-like owls make trouble back home. This 13th installment of the Ga’Hoole series is cute (like all the others), but I’m afraid some of my enjoyment has ebbed after slogging through so many books. In the first several books the plot got thicker as each book progressed, but that development ended somewhere in the middle. Now, it just seems she throws in something new ...more
Ashley
Apr 27, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
Seoyeon
May 11, 2014 Seoyeon rated it it was amazing
Soren
Mar 16, 2013 Soren rated it it was amazing
Okay, i have been with this 5 years. What I will say now is going to be too much for a lot of you, but thanks to this book I'm a reader. It is my favourite book, and it means too much for me. AAghh! This is difficult. Now, I'm a fantasy reader, but it doesn't matter. Since I'm not going to make a review of every book, I'm going to rate this one, that is my favourite.
I don't know what to say. I read this when I had read the name of the wind, but still, I like it so much I could weep. It's a fanta
Ms. Mielke's Class Make sure you post how your sheets tell you to!!!!
How would you feel if you had never been to a new world and you were heading there right now? I wouldn’t really want to go. But when you need to see them and ask them questions then you would be in the same place in your life as Coryn, and the Chaw of Chaws. They show amazing courage when they have to battle different things that they have never been around let alone heard of. If you want to figure out what all of these things are then you might want to read the book. - LH
Aimee
Aug 18, 2013 Aimee rated it it was ok
I was very disappointed in this installment of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole. One thing I loved most about these books was all the research it seemed went into them. Scientific names were used, proper habitats and illustrations were conducted but now its all gone. Now there are blue owls who cant fly. No wonder this series only has two more books to it.
Kentonulmer
Sep 17, 2011 Kentonulmer rated it liked it
Coryn, Soren and the band discover writings by owls describing a path using wind currents to a previously unknown middle kingdom. These writings are older and leads to questions of how much more intelligent are these owls? Are they war-like? Peaceful? Who should go on the mission? Who should stay? All questions that must be answered by the young king Coryn and his new kingdom.
Heather Voyer
Jan 22, 2012 Heather Voyer rated it liked it
I was flying through (hee hee) this series until recently when I caught up with the person just ahead of me at the library. I found this book a bit slow at the beginning, but by the end, I really wanted to read the next book! Unfortunately, I need to wait until the person ahead of me is done with it.
Frankie
Mar 19, 2010 Frankie rated it it was amazing
A new kingdom, the sixth kingdom, known as the Middle Kingdom, is discovered! Owls of an unseen hue of blue are suddenly relevant. Through tumultuous winds the band flies... but then the pure ones follow. Metal Beak is seen once more, only to escape... but not without toll. Many tytos die in the skirmish causing the devilish group to become weaker than ever.
Vaughn
Feb 16, 2013 Vaughn rated it liked it
The thing that I really liked about this book was its allusions to Chinese culture, the "Hee naow, hee naow" was a dead give-away, as well as "The Middle Kingdom." I liked that bit, as well as the philosophical influences and tricks: Lasky's good at that.
Rahul
Aug 14, 2013 Rahul rated it really liked it
Series Description:

Book Description:
Am on the 13th out of 15 books in the series and am still kept in suspense waiting to finish the series and see how it ends. :)
Kayla
Dec 18, 2010 Kayla rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book. It was packed full of adventure and action. New characters were introduced, and they will prove to be important in the last two books to come. Weather their purpose is good or bad? Well that is still to be discovered....
Rachel (Sfogs)
Feb 13, 2015 Rachel (Sfogs) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Bess has found and studied parchments which seem to tell of another kingdom of owls.
And so the adventure begins to see if there really is something on the other side of the unnamed sea.
Ethan
Feb 24, 2016 Ethan rated it it was amazing
Are our heros going to get to the other kingdom? Will they overcome the challenges? What will they find? Read the book to find out!
Eliana
Feb 02, 2015 Eliana rated it it was amazing
I read these book in second and third grade! I absolutely loved them. They inspired my love for reading, writing, and raptors!
Sally Siawidjaja
Aug 28, 2009 Sally Siawidjaja rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy fans
Recommended to Sally by: no one
Another mystery reveal the sixth kingdom owl. I imagine the blue owl like peacock. Is it like peacock? I wish they made it into a movie.
Beka
May 07, 2012 Beka rated it it was amazing
Wow! This just adds another dimension to this story. I don't see how she'll be able to wrap up the storyline in the few books left. Again, I can't wait to get to the next one.
King Hoole
Mar 22, 2013 King Hoole rated it really liked it
This one was good and interesting though not my favorite of the series. (The GOG is my favorite book series of ALL-TIME) I geuss I found it a tad confusing but it worked in the end. It was good!
Stephanie
Dec 09, 2012 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, ga-hoole, 2012, 4-star
Very fun read. I love Lasky's style of writing! Great story, interesting characters, and a strong plot.
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Mar 24, 2010 Meg - A Bookish Affair rated it really liked it
Another tale of Ga'Hoole... Soren's owlet, Bell, disappears and may have fallen into the wrong hands and the Band discovers there may be a sixth owl kingdom.
Benjamin T.
Jan 11, 2011 Benjamin T. rated it really liked it
It was very cool because they met an new species of owls that are blue and it was a land they had never known before. It was also a good mystery.
Darren
Jul 09, 2010 Darren rated it really liked it
Recommended to Darren by: Linda Stewart
Pretty good. This is like the beginning of a developing story. I like the Asian influence of the new kingdom. More evil in store for the future.
Jeri
Apr 05, 2011 Jeri rated it it was ok
So far this has been my least favorite of the series....It is a fabulous series, but this one was a little too "zen" for me. I wonder where the story will go from here.
Emma Hall
Emma Hall rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2014
  • Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Great Bear Lake (Seekers, #2)
  • The Heir of Mistmantle (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #3)
  • Mason McQueen and the Gargoyle's Curse (book 1)
Kathryn Lasky is the American author of many critically acclaimed books, including several Dear America books, several Royal Diaries books, 1984 Newbery Honor winning Sugaring Time, The Night Journey, and the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series.
She was born June 24, 1944, and grew up in Indianapolis, Indiana, and is married to Christopher Knight, with whom she lives in Massachusetts.

Book 15, The War of
More about Kathryn Lasky...

Guardians of Ga'Hoole (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Capture (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #1)
  • The Journey (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #2)
  • The Rescue (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #3)
  • The Siege (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #4)
  • The Shattering (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #5)
  • The Burning (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #6)
  • The Hatchling (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #7)
  • The Outcast (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #8)
  • The First Collier (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #9)
  • The Coming of Hoole (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #10)

“And if you can't imagine, nothing will ever happen.” 9 likes
“For Twilight, it was like the echo of a song- a song from long ago. He could almost remember some of the words, but had no clue as to where they had come from. There had been a wonderful voice singing it, singing this song just for him. A voice like silk? Satin? Like liquid moonlight, it flowed, it curled around him and suffused him with a glowing warmth.” 4 likes