Start by marking “To Kill a Kettle Witch: A Novel of the Mist-Torn Witches (Mist-Torn Witches #4)” as Want to Read:
To Kill a Kettle Witch: A Novel of the Mist-Torn Witches (Mist-Torn Witches #4)

To Kill a Kettle Witch: A Novel of the Mist-Torn Witches (The Mist-Torn Witches #4)

National bestselling author Barb Hendee returns to the world of the Mist-Torn witches, as two sisters who can see the secrets of the past and the mysteries of the future begin a quest to save the family they never knew existed.…

Powerful prince Malcolm is facing ruin in the wake of a curse that has destroyed his harvest. He blames the band nomadic Móndyalítko who summer in
Published May 3rd 2016 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about To Kill a Kettle Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Kill a Kettle Witch

Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Fantasy, Mystery
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

To Kill A Kettle Witch, is the fourth installment in The Mist-Torn Witches by author Barb Hendee. This is a series that is set in the world of the Noble Dead Saga. Does that mean you have had to read the Noble Dead first? Nope. It just means that similarities can be found. Especially since most of this series has been set in what is the country of Droevinka. In has been a year since Sisters Céline and Amelie Fawe found a new home
Erica Robertson
Nov 21, 2016 Erica Robertson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Very unique characters and a different and fresh take on witches. I want more more more! Keep them coming please.
Househippo
Oct 06, 2016 Househippo rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Much better than the last entry!
Barb Lie
May 04, 2016 Barb Lie rated it it was amazing
To Kill a Kettle Witch by Barb Hendee is the 4th book in her Mist Torn Witches series. I have enjoyed every book in this series, and Hendee continues the trend with another wonderful story. Celine and Amelie Fawe, two sisters that are Mist-Torn witches, who are seers. Just by holding a person’s hand, Celine can see the future and Amelie can see the past. They live in Seone, under the protection of Prince Anton. In the previous books, both of them helped solve mysteries in dangerous situations. ...more
Anne
May 05, 2016 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review at the Book Nympho:

It was a pleasure to read To Kill a Kettle Witch and it did move things along with the characters and their lives. I continue to be surprised by how much I enjoy this when typically I haven’t been big on historical fantasy.

This is the fourth book in the Mist-Torn Witches series. You do need to read them all in order or some of my review will be a spoiler of sorts. Finally, there is more about Mist-Torn witches, their history and
Shandra
Jun 14, 2016 Shandra rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy, magic
Another enjoyable entry in this series. It wasn't quite as gripping as the last one, but I still finished it in a day! I was glad to see some movement on the romance front for one of the main characters, and learn more about the sisters' mysterious backgrounds, as they actually get to meet some family.

The one tiny thing that gets old about this series is the recap that always occurs in the first chapter. I know there's always the chance someone will pick up book 4 by accident (I can't imagine ac
Tony Hisgett
Aug 02, 2016 Tony Hisgett rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I continue to read this series because I enjoy following the story of two strong heroines and although I quite enjoyed this book I do have some concerns. I thought the book started well and was pleased when Céline confronted Prince Anton right at the start of the story when he tried to forbid them journeying to help the Móndyalítko, I like my heroines to have some backbone. However, things went downhill after that.

Warning some Spoilers

The first problem came when Amelie was furious with Jaromir
Samantha
May 05, 2016 Samantha rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook-own, fantasy, 2016
I was looking forward to this one despite some hesitations I've had with the story in the past. This one did nothing to help with that. It was oddly detailed in certain parts that could have been more general and totally vague in areas that needed more detail (I would have certainly appreciated it in character interactions, which felt stilted at times). The plot is very simplistic and the resolution too simple and unsatisfying. I will likely continue with the next, but this just seemed too much ...more
Mercurybard
Jun 29, 2016 Mercurybard rated it it was ok
First of all, this is the 4th book in the series. Reading the back cover, it sounded like the novels were loosely connected and about different characters, but nope.

Second, the author does so much TELLING. And now nearly enough showing. The writing is immature--you meet a new character and immediately get a thumbnail sketch of them. And people tend to overreact, so what you think is going to be DRAMA is resolved two sentences later.

The best and most interesting part of the book was Amelie shari
Sam Sigelakis-Minski
Another amazing installation of the Mist-Torn Witches series. It is kind of funny to me- these books fly, and I am always left wanting more from the series because they are so good and easy to read. The last series I read by Barb (and her husband) was her Dhampir series, which dragged on and on with books that were too long. I like this change of pace and change of scene. Keep Celine and Amelie coming!
Deborah
Jul 31, 2016 Deborah rated it really liked it
I enjoy the Mist-Torn series and this book followed nicely. The story filled in more of the back story of not only Amelie and Céline but also Helga who has been a very supportive character but had more involvement in this tale. I love that, finally, Jaromir and Amelie moved their relationship forward. It was fun watching Jaromir go "undercover" and step out of his normal routine, you got to see another side of him. All in all, a fine addition to the series and I look forward to the next.
Les Mangis
I love reading Barb Hendee books, always fun and easy to read. This book had a very well developed story but unfortunatly the ending was very abrupt and one or two storylines that had a small affect on the overall plot were left unresolved. The ending left me with an unsatisfied feeling but up til that point I really enjoyed the book.
Shannon
May 13, 2016 Shannon rated it really liked it
Good story, although getting a little formulaic. Loved the revelations about Helga and the progression on some of the relationships, but this book avoided a lot of development of those same characters. Probably more 3.5 stars for me. Enjoyable, but I hope the next book offers more challenges for the characters and doesn't waffle off into mystery with magic.
L L Smith
Jun 29, 2016 L L Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh...I hung on every word

I am a big fan of Barb Hendee and this book is the prime example as to why. The story flowed magically as love was sprouting here and love was dying there, but the love a family was true all the way to the end. I absolutely loved it!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful stories with us. Lorrie Smith
Matthew Galloway
Aug 30, 2016 Matthew Galloway rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I find this series very enjoyable. They're nice, quick reads with some meat to them. I've enjoyed getting to know the characters -- even if some of the regulars can get annoying sometimes. Probably my favorite thing about the series is that it has a different, but well-developed, flavor than most of what is out there.
Nykki
May 10, 2016 Nykki rated it it was amazing
Michael R. Murphy
Great Story

I love these people and their stories, this book covers some of their past in a excellent storyline. I can't wait for the next book. Barbara Hendee is one of the best, I could not put down the book once I started it.
Chani Overli
May 10, 2016 Chani Overli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent tale

This is an absorbing read with interesting characters. I really like the world. There are some slight issues, but easily overlooked.
Kim Welch
May 06, 2016 Kim Welch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

As always this book didn't disappoint. Can't wait for the next in the series. All of her books are entertaining.
Whitney
Jun 11, 2016 Whitney rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
This series continues to impress. Another great story that expands Celine and Amelie's world beyond their lives in Seone.
Zora
May 30, 2016 Zora rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers who like fantasy+ mystery
Recommended to Zora by: Library 'acquired this month' list
Another good fantasy/Mystery hybrid. But now I'm caught up on the series and will have to wait another year for the next!
Mark Stratton
May 11, 2016 Mark Stratton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, audiobook
A great move forward in the development of character relationships. Much was revealed, and as a result I have a great affection for Helga.

Another solid entry in the series.
Tessa in Mid-Michigan
Pretty fair writing and world-building. This is book 4: I'll have to go back and read the others now. And try the other series.
Nancy
Jun 04, 2016 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked most of this story. It was interesting and well written. But why were most of the men in this story complete jerks. I felt bad for the women in their lives. It was sad. 3.5 stars
Sasha
Sasha rated it liked it
May 30, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Catherine E Shetler
Catherine E Shetler rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Sharon Ing
Sharon Ing rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
frances kucka
frances kucka rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
Jordana Ross
Jordana Ross rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Crucible Zero (House Immortal, #3)
  • Untitled (A Resurrection of Magic, #3)
  • Shattered Spear (The Lost Stars, #4)
  • Blood in Her Veins: Nineteen Stories from the World of Jane Yellowrock
  • The Thrill of the Haunt (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #5)
  • Chaos Choreography (InCryptid, #5)
  • Dragon Justice (Paranormal Scene Investigations #4)
  • Shadow Silence (Whisper Hollow, #2)
  • Divine Descendant (Nikki Glass #4)
  • City of Shadows (London Fae, #2)
  • The Daemon Prism (Collegia Magica, #3)
  • Spirit Lost
  • Knights of the Range
  • Autumn Bones (Agent of Hel, #2)
  • Soup Night: Recipes for Creating Community Around a Pot of Soup
  • Value Stream Mapping: How to Visualize Work Flow and Align People for Organizational Transformation: Using Lean Business Practices to Transform Office and Service Environments
  • The Unsteady Earth (Veneficas Americana #4)
  • Collared

[See barbhendee.org]
Like most writers, I've worked at many jobs in my life, including teaching pre-school until I completed my master's degree in Composition Theory. Between 1993 and 2006, I taught college English while writing fiction on the side, some independently and some with my husband and life-long partner J.C.

Over the years, we've lived in Washington State, Idaho, Colorado, and now moved j
More about Barb Hendee...

The Mist-Torn Witches (4 books)
  • The Mist-Torn Witches (The Mist-Torn Witches #1)
  • Witches in Red (Mist-Torn Witches, #2)
  • Witches With the Enemy (Mist-Torn Witches, #3)