Start by marking “Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Lacy Crochet ” as Want to Read:
Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Lacy Crochet

Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Lacy Crochet (Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Kyuuto! = Cute!Savvy crafters know that today's hippest designs hail from Japan. But it's near to impossible to find translated patterns. Or at least it used to be. With Lacy Crochet, we're proud to present one of the first two books in our brand new Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts line. Lacy Crochet offers 22 patterns for delicate accessories sweetlyrendered for the home and ward ...more
Published December 13th 2007 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!

Aradia
I only had an inkling as to how to crochet before I purchased this book. Now I can crochet beautiful baby booties, doilies, needle cases, baskets, and cell phone cases. I am using what I have learned from the book to create my own patterns.

This book includes wonderful color photo graphs of the projects in addition to very detailed instructions, which include step-by-step written instructions (in plain English) as well as a to-scale stitch diagram for each project.

There are two projects (a circ
Alison
I had paged through this at Barnes & Noble when I was in MA in July, and it really caught my eye. As with many craft books, I got it through the library so I could look through it more closely, and try to figure out if it was something I liked enough to put on my wish list.

While there were a lot of cute projects here, and the photography and layout was very appealing, there was nothing new for me. I already have Erika Knight's Simple Crochet, which is comprised of projects for the home. Whi
Anie
I don't know why I'm just putting this on now---I remember getting this out of the library during my first year of grad school, and apparently I never registered it on here.

I never made anything from this, so I can't vouch for the patterns. That being said, there's a lot of cute little things in here. I don't do much thread and thin yarn crochet, as it hurts my silly little hands, but there were definitely quite a few things in here that I wanted to make (oopsy daisy on having too many large afg
Anna
May 09, 2012 Anna added it
I borrowed this book from the library mostly to get a primer on how to read Japanese crochet patterns, which are chart-based and not written out. The projects in the book are simple, everyday objects for the home, such as potholders, placemats, phone holders, which would make cute little presents.
Angie
A really good beginner's book to lace crochet. Good diagrams for the patterns and very easy instructions starting from the basics (casting-on, building a chain) all the way to the various stitches needed to make the items.
Amy M
I've never crocheted (but plan to in the future along with knitting), but this book had such great little projects that I definitely want to get started now. I would definitely add this to my personal library.
Lauren Gerfen
Sep 26, 2008 Lauren Gerfen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anne
Shelves: craft
This book has some really pretty and practical patterns. There are quite a few I will use (especailly for gifts)!
Révészné Erzsike
Feb 19, 2013 Révészné Erzsike rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Révészné by: interneten
Nekem nagyon tetszik, jó könyv mindenképpen. sok sikert kívánok a továbbiakban a kreativitáshoz. üdv: Erzsike
Emily
So Kyuuto! Good instructions for teeny tiny, fine lacework.
Mortalform
Making pot holders, some cute patterns.
Mar 22, 2009 Sarah is currently reading it
dipping in and out...
Jessie Cumpson
Jessie Cumpson marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Sally
Sally added it
Dec 28, 2014
Susan Pariseau
Susan Pariseau marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Maria Sam
Maria Sam marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Karen Wilson
Karen Wilson marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Wafa
Wafa marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Belinda Du Toit
Belinda Du Toit marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! (4 books)
  • Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Woolly Embroidery: Crewelwork, Stump Work, Canvas Work, and More!
  • Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Amigurumi
  • Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts: Fuzzy Felted Friends
Everything Is Going to Be OK 642 Things to Draw: Journal Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Woolly Embroidery: Crewelwork, Stump Work, Canvas Work, and More! My Quotable Kid: A Parents' Journal of Unforgettable Quotes Mom's One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book