Start by marking “Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Lacy Crochet ” as Want to Read:
Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Lacy Crochet

Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Lacy Crochet (Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  69 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Kyuuto! = Cute!Savvy crafters know that today's hippest designs hail from Japan. But it's near to impossible to find translated patterns. Or at least it used to be. With Lacy Crochet, we're proud to present one of the first two books in our brand new Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts line. Lacy Crochet offers 22 patterns for delicate accessories sweetlyrendered for the home and ward ...more
Published December 13th 2007 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!

Aradia
Jul 21, 2010 Aradia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafty
I only had an inkling as to how to crochet before I purchased this book. Now I can crochet beautiful baby booties, doilies, needle cases, baskets, and cell phone cases. I am using what I have learned from the book to create my own patterns.

This book includes wonderful color photo graphs of the projects in addition to very detailed instructions, which include step-by-step written instructions (in plain English) as well as a to-scale stitch diagram for each project.

There are two projects (a circ
Alison
Sep 21, 2008 Alison rated it liked it
Shelves: craft-design
I had paged through this at Barnes & Noble when I was in MA in July, and it really caught my eye. As with many craft books, I got it through the library so I could look through it more closely, and try to figure out if it was something I liked enough to put on my wish list.

While there were a lot of cute projects here, and the photography and layout was very appealing, there was nothing new for me. I already have Erika Knight's Simple Crochet, which is comprised of projects for the home. Whi
Anie
Jul 11, 2014 Anie rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, crafts, 2009
I don't know why I'm just putting this on now---I remember getting this out of the library during my first year of grad school, and apparently I never registered it on here.

I never made anything from this, so I can't vouch for the patterns. That being said, there's a lot of cute little things in here. I don't do much thread and thin yarn crochet, as it hurts my silly little hands, but there were definitely quite a few things in here that I wanted to make (oopsy daisy on having too many large afg
Anna
May 09, 2012 Anna added it
I borrowed this book from the library mostly to get a primer on how to read Japanese crochet patterns, which are chart-based and not written out. The projects in the book are simple, everyday objects for the home, such as potholders, placemats, phone holders, which would make cute little presents.
Angie
Nov 30, 2008 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non_fiction, crafts, 2008
A really good beginner's book to lace crochet. Good diagrams for the patterns and very easy instructions starting from the basics (casting-on, building a chain) all the way to the various stitches needed to make the items.
Amy M
Oct 24, 2013 Amy M rated it it was amazing
I've never crocheted (but plan to in the future along with knitting), but this book had such great little projects that I definitely want to get started now. I would definitely add this to my personal library.
Lauren Gerfen
Sep 26, 2008 Lauren Gerfen rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anne
Shelves: craft
This book has some really pretty and practical patterns. There are quite a few I will use (especailly for gifts)!
Révészné Erzsike
Feb 19, 2013 Révészné Erzsike rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Révészné by: interneten
Nekem nagyon tetszik, jó könyv mindenképpen. sok sikert kívánok a továbbiakban a kreativitáshoz. üdv: Erzsike
Emily
Mar 29, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing
So Kyuuto! Good instructions for teeny tiny, fine lacework.
Mortalform
Feb 27, 2012 Mortalform rated it liked it
Shelves: art-craft
Making pot holders, some cute patterns.
Mar 22, 2009 Sarah is currently reading it
dipping in and out...
Hang Do
Apr 27, 2013 Hang Do rated it it was amazing
good
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
JEAN HUNT
JEAN HUNT marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Dee001
Dee001 marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Sally Youn
Sally Youn rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Amy Houck
Amy Houck rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Morgan McKinlay
Morgan McKinlay marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Renee' Canales
Renee' Canales rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Lesley Vick
Lesley Vick marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Ann Mayberry
Ann Mayberry rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Carrie Niemi
Carrie Niemi marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Ak123j
Ak123j marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Bemused "Em" Writer
Bemused "Em" Writer marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Asa-Marie Webster
Asa-Marie Webster marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Yasmine Alnabulsi
Yasmine Alnabulsi marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! (4 books)
  • Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Woolly Embroidery: Crewelwork, Stump Work, Canvas Work, and More!
  • Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Amigurumi