Start by marking “T-Minus Two” as Want to Read:
T-Minus Two

T-Minus Two

It's the boldest conquest of our time—the colonization of Mars.

Of the thousands who clamored for a one-way ticket to the Red Planet, only a fraction remain in the running. Now they're converging on Hawaii's Big Island for a nail-biting competition to be the first to launch.

Mila Todorov has prepared for this moment throughout her young life. With her revolutionary propulsio
Published May 19th 2015 by Bella Books

To ask other readers questions about T-Minus Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about T-Minus Two

Jem
Jun 25, 2015 Jem rated it it was amazing
KG Macgregor is on a roll. The last four releases of hers I've read have all been very entertaining and surprisingly memorable. There is a reason I don't like to read vanilla romances. It's that they tend to be quite forgettable and the characters and plots run into one another after a while. This author has managed to avoid that trap by surrounding her romances with a wider issue or plot that is reasonably well-researched, relatively interesting and seamlessly integrated with the romance. Its a ...more
~ * K E L L I E * ~
Sep 13, 2015 ~ * K E L L I E * ~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
Wow, what a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

I wonder what it must be like to have such passion about something, particularly your job, to want to pack up and leave everything behind - family, friends and life as you know it - to go and colonize another planet. That's what our leading ladies are vying for - the chance to be the first humans to call Mars 'home'.

I really enjoyed Mila and Jancey's story and I didn't realize how quickly I was flying through the pages until I'd reached 'the end
Tiff
Oct 19, 2015 Tiff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science
This book was a wealth of information. KG MacGregor blew my mind with the details. The book was like nothing I had ever read before in lesbian romance genre. It was wonderful and refreshing.

The book starts introducing us to Mila Tordov. Mila is a 27 year old, super smart engineer/scientist that has her heart set on going to Mars. This is her life dream since she was a young girl. She is persistent and unflappable. If you look up the term dogged determination you would find a write up about Mila
Netty
Mar 15, 2016 Netty rated it it was ok
Ok enough of that, 70% is the best I could do.
I couldn't enjoy this book because I just couldn't stand Jancey, i felt not one bit of warmth towards her (selfish git).....
Now Mila she was a nice enough character but she acted like Jancey was the dogs bollocks, worshiping the ground she walked on, just aggravating.....
So my conclusion of the book is this, it would have been a cracking read if the characters didn't consist of a selfish twat with only one focus and an obsessed arse kisser, all the
Milkiways
Aug 14, 2016 Milkiways rated it it was amazing
It reminded me of my teenage years and the reason behind the choice of my career perhaps because the writer did a pretty good job in research including the locations of the space stations and the character personalities....

I can't really comment about the romance but in terms of subject research, flow, and having smart conversations that goes well with supporting & main characters (that geeks usually do yet high level for general audience), the writer did a pretty good job. It is as realisti
Heidi
Dec 23, 2015 Heidi rated it really liked it
Definitely not science fiction !!! I was Leary to read this because it sounded like science fiction. I'm glad I saw a posting from the author pointing out that it wasn't! It's a story of a group of people competing to be the first to go to Mars. It is set a little in the future, but no time travel or aliens! The interaction of the characters and the challenges they have to overcome to become a team worthy of going to Mars are well written. I was sucked in and could stop reading!
Ayse
Dec 26, 2015 Ayse rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt-romance
Pretty solid story -- I liked the science aspects, I liked the characters, including some of the secondary ones, and through it was telegraphed way in advance that they were sabotaged, I enjoyed the "twist". What I didn't enjoy so much was the romance -- the inevitability aspects, the worship by Mila, the scene at the airport. I wish it had developed more as a traditional romance where they are both strangers who encounter each other and slowly build up to falling in love. Mila's worship ...more
Amanda
Dec 28, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
I love this author, and at first glance had decided to pass on reading this book but Bella's Christmas book sale changed my mind. I am not a fan of most sci-fi type novels, and when reading the synopsis it sounded like that kind of book. Fortunately for me it was not, and it was a book I really enjoyed. I did not put it down once I started (ice storm helped) and read it quickly. For $6.99 it was a bargain and I recommend picking it up if you get the chance.
Regina
Dec 27, 2015 Regina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great book! I love it, especially since the Mars journey is actually making progress in real life (go go Nasa, go go SpaceX, make it happen!), and to see a lesfic version of this as it is written here is even more enjoyable. Easy, fluffy and fun read with minimal angst, love it and wish there was more! :)
Margaret
May 20, 2015 Margaret rated it liked it
Shelves: l-words
Detailed score: 2.5 rounded up to 3

I am very conscious, in writing this review, that I'm one of the first to post a review on this novel. So, it is with a heavy heart that I have to say that I was really disappointed by this book.

The first third of the novel rips along, introducing the Tenacity Project [wealthy private backers want to send two people to begin a colony on Mars. The premise of the book as a competition / test to discover the candidates best for the job] and the main protagonists:
Flowerscat
Oct 23, 2016 Flowerscat rated it did not like it
As much as I wanted to enjoy a book about two female astronauts preparing for a mission to Mars, this was not to be. I couldn't really engage with the characters, and Mila's subversiveness bothered me a great deal.

(view spoiler)
Rachel
Jun 14, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
I actually enjoyed the book a lot even though I have no interest or a lot of knowledge at all with space travel. The book did a good job in explaining and helping me picture it. I always find KG Macgregor's style of writing easy to read, easy to picture and very quickly grasp my attention with the first two chapters. I enjoyed reading the relationship & partnership between Mila Todorov and Major Jancey Beaumont, however, since most of the book is dedicated to explaining the Tenacity Project ...more
Sally Trotter
Jul 24, 2015 Sally Trotter rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story. a group of people training and being evaluated for the colonisation of Mars. Two women of the group, both gay, one a proven astronaut and the other a scientist and engineer team together in more ways than one. I had been looking forward to this book and was not disappointed
qrbooks
Nov 06, 2016 qrbooks rated it it was amazing
F/F romance

The scientific research and realism laid out in this story is pretty amazing. I felt like I was getting first-hand information from a scientist on the subject here, lol. Wow, MacGregor... WOW!! I'm so utterly impressed with this effort!! :)

I'm no scientist and couldn't address any scientific flaws here... but who cares. I was engaged with this story and loved all the nerdy facts, details, and scenarios from page one. The leads are also well-drawn and had excellent chemistry.
Lexxi Kitty
Neat science fiction story about a private company sending a colony to Mars. In waves. First with unmmaned rockets filled with things like rovers, then in two person one-way missions.

The book is mostly concerned with the selection process. And the competition to be one of the few chosen to go to Mars. Several characters pop up, but the two most important are the two who alternate telling the story. A 27 year-old woman from Bulgaria named Mila Todorov, and a 40-something woman from the US named J
Agirlcandream
May 23, 2015 Agirlcandream rated it it was amazing

Mila Todorov, a twenty-seven year old engineer has high hopes of being selected to be on the ship which will begin colonizing the planet Mars. At thirteen she idolized a young astronaut, Jancey Beaumont watching on TV as she circled the earth for over a year on a solo mission aboard her spacecraft. Mila vowed to one day be an astronaut just like her hero.

Now forty-three, Jancey is hoping she will be chosen for the Tenacity Project. These two women along with one hundred and fifty other astronau
Lex Kent
Apr 14, 2016 Lex Kent rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f-sci-fi, romance
What a wonderful gem of a book this was. While, this is only my fourth book read by MacGregor, all have been wonderful. To me, MacGregor's writing does for Bella, what Radclyffe does for Bold Strokes Books. Both authors deserve their place in lesfic fans hearts.
I honestly enjoyed every minute of this book. While it's not overly exciting, it's never boring. You are so drawn in, rooting for the two mains, hoping they will be Mars bound. And the romance was great. While very slow to start, it prog
Mirtha Siblesz
Jan 24, 2016 Mirtha Siblesz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Having experienced at the age on 20 when Neil Armstrong did the famous walk on the moon, this was an exciting story. I still remember when Sally Ride became the first American woman in space. The fact that her being a lesbian kept integral parts if her life secret.

I'm glad McGregor wrote this story. Her character development was so precise that I felt like I was there with the characters. Well done!!!
Alexandrine Harris
Exciting read

Page turner. This book full of emotion was also educative. Two passionate women focused on their goal to go to Mars figure out that their best chance to be successful is to go together?
Darlene Vendegna
Apr 05, 2016 Darlene Vendegna rated it it was amazing
Wow! Great story!! I loved everything about it and could not put it down. Classic romance with great characters and a very compelling story line. Not only a question of will the girl get the girl, but will both the 'girls' earn the career defining jobs they've been striving for.
Alena
Jul 05, 2015 Alena rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer, fiction
Enjoyed this a whole lot. Fascinating setting and plot, fun characters, bit of intrigue. All very satisfying for a summer read in the park.
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Ping-Chung Ellen  Wang
Ping-Chung Ellen Wang rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2015
Gail Cortesia
Gail Cortesia rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2015
MJ
MJ rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Traj
Traj rated it really liked it
May 16, 2015
Weetniet7
Weetniet7 rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
tara
tara rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Danni Mladenovic
Danni Mladenovic rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Just Jorie
  • Forever and a Knight
  • Worth the Risk
  • Mending Defects
  • Clean Slate
  • Just Three Words (Soho Loft, #2)
  • The Princess and the Prix
  • Like Jazz
  • Out on the Sound (The Adventures of Decky and Charlie, #1)
  • Midnight In Orlando
  • Heart of the Game
  • Just Physical
  • Rain Falls (Rain Falls, #1)
  • Poppy Jenkins
  • Mistletoe
A former teacher and market research consultant, KG MacGregor holds a PhD in journalism and mass communication. Infatuation with Xena: Warrior Princess fanfiction prompted her to try her own hand at storytelling in 2002. In 2005, she signed with Bella Books, which published the Goldie Award finalist Just This Once. Her sixth Bella novel, Out of Love, won the 2007 Lambda Literary Award for Women's ...more
More about K.G. MacGregor...