Start by marking “Bouncing” as Want to Read:
Bouncing

Bouncing

Bouncing has always been a way of life for Alex Dalton. The former basketball star and new coach likes to keep life simple, bouncing from woman to woman, with no responsibilities and no complications. Then a summer fling opens her eyes to other possibilities, and now Alex wonders if a relationship might be what she really needs. There is an instant attraction to her new ...more
Published May 12th 2015 by Bold Strokes Books (first published May 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bouncing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bouncing

.Lili.
Apr 12, 2015 .Lili. rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f
I was really excited when I saw this book hit Netgalley. I've been dying for a F/F book, but this one missed the mark for me.

It wasn't a long read but sadly it felt like it was. I know that the romance genre is full of tropes, but each author has to make it their own, and I don't think it happened here. The book didn't stand out.

I wish the author luck in her future books and wouldn't not recommend this book to other readers. We all love different things. 2.5 Stars.

ARC kindly provided by the p
Justina
Jun 29, 2015 Justina rated it it was amazing
There is a positively delicious abundance of story lines, characters, and upbeat and/or intense elements in this book. What a treat! Plus it all felt so magnificently expansive and yet beautifully intimate. Even the third-tier characters and their intricacies feel so alive and multidimensional. This is simply a tour de force and I feel it should not be missed. Superbly wonderful!

Alex Dalton is an imposingly integrated person and a genuine femme fatale, plus a blistering force on the sports playi
Catherine
Apr 16, 2015 Catherine rated it liked it
When I read the blurb I thought this was going to be a book focused on basketball but found that the basketball was more of the backdrop to the main plot of the romance and the gambling drama. I enjoyed the two characters they were likeable and provided diversity in their backgrounds which I really enjoyed. Alex comes from a family that accepts her sexuality to Britain that has a religious family who would not be as accepting about her sexuality. At times I did find both characters making odd ...more
Lex Kent
Mar 04, 2016 Lex Kent rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f-bsb-romance
3 1/2 Stars. This is the first Jamie Maddox book I have read and I really enjoyed it! It was a good solid romance. I liked how the characters took things slow, dated, and had a realistic relationship. It wasn't just a first time meet-have sex then U-haul which seems to be common in a lot of romances lately. Both characters were likable and you believed they were in love.
There was a secondary character POV which I didn't care for. You can understand why the author did this as that story-line con
Gina
Sep 23, 2015 Gina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, netgalley
I was excited about this book. It sounded like my kind of story for the description.

But then I got into the book. And at first I wasn't sure what was going on. Alex was a player with a mysterious illness who was golfing at the beach. Brit was in a remote part of the world. And then there was this PJ guy, who I had not idea where he fit in.

Within a couple of chapters, things started coming together a little bit. But there was still something missing from the storyline. I struggled to get into it.
Diane Wallace
Jun 01, 2015 Diane Wallace rated it it was ok
this was a bit difficult getting thru because of the topics from the start, thought this was all about basketball but then after reading it then hit me that it was all about someone being a lothario,can't commit to relationships,love, don't know how to deal with ones feelings plus lots of other issues..then there was drugs,gambling and school cheating...another thing it was too much detail and dialogue going on, kinda had me a bit on the bore side, the writing could have been better but i'm not ...more
Diana
Jun 05, 2015 Diana rated it it was ok
a bit difficult to get thru this book, wasn't what i expcted,the cover says 1 things and the writing says a different, then there's the whole storyline where it goes one way,it was all over the place..it was too much to get my mind around then i had to deal w/ the fake Russian accent and women jumping from 1 bed to another then another and so on, nah not my cup of tea...
Tara
I wanted to like this so much more than I did. I loved the premise of a basketball coach and assistant coach falling in love. There were two major problems for me though: the major conflict could have been resolved with a fully honest conversation (one of my biggest story pet peeves), and the gambling thing. I get that it sets up the conflict, but I really didn't need PJ's perspective.
Mirtha Siblesz
Dec 29, 2015 Mirtha Siblesz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this book!

At first, I thought the development of the PJ character was distracting but as the storyline flowed, it all gelled well. Really liked the story. Well done!
Jay
Mar 23, 2016 Jay rated it liked it
Shelves: library, 2016
I was after sports fiction, and this fit the bill. Would have liked a bit more sports, but still an interesting read with engaging characters.
Anja
Anja rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2015
Dana Lindsey
Dana Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2015
Rosi
Rosi rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Spooky
Spooky rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2015
Pamcake
Pamcake rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Maria Senior
Maria Senior rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Angelina
Angelina rated it liked it
May 26, 2015
Brenda Freeman
Brenda Freeman rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2015
Cole
Cole rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Traj
Traj rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
CLo
CLo rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Nikita Puma
Nikita Puma rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2015
P. Industry
P. Industry rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Nolly  Sepulveda
May 27, 2015 Nolly Sepulveda rated it liked it
Not as much basketball as I expected, but it was a good story none the less
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Gail Cortesia
Gail Cortesia rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Patrizia
Patrizia rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Jessica Cardott
Jessica Cardott rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Ted
Ted rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Jaime Maddox grew up on the banks of the Susquehanna River in Northeastern Pennsylvania. As the baby in a family of many children, she was part adored and part ignored, forcing her to find creative ways to fill her time. Her childhood was idyllic, spent hiking, rafting, biking, climbing, and otherwise skinning knees and knuckles. Reading and writing became passions. Although she left home for a ...more
More about Jaime Maddox...