Start by marking “What Is She Like? A Personality Book for Girls” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
What Is She Like? A Pe...

Mary Brockman

What Is She Like? A Personality Book for Girls

"Of even more importance in modern business and social life, than what a girl knows, or what she can do is what she is like.
What is her personality? What are her character traits? These are the challenges which a girl must meet when she goes to college, enters business, or starts a home of her own.
The building of an attractive and wholesome personality is a matter of form
Published 1943 by Charles Scribner's Sons (first published 1936)

To ask other readers questions about What Is She Like? A Personality Book for Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Is She Like? A Personality Book for Girls

Madeline Silvas
My grandmother was a debutante back in the day and I'm sure that she had to read this at some point. Sadly I never got to ask her if she liked it or not, but it is nice to have just because it's something that belonged to her.

I found the book to be historically significant. It truly did seem like a simpler time. This book is probably much too conservative for modern readers. Still I think anyone could appreciate getting some insight into how women took care of themselves back in the 30s and 40s
Juliet