Start by marking “Astérix y los Godos (Asterix #3)” as Want to Read:
Astérix y los Godos (Asterix #3)

Astérix y los Godos (Asterix #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  4,979 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Estamos en el año 50 antes de Jesucristo. Toda la Galia está ocupada por los romanos… ¿Toda? ¡No! Una aldea poblada por irreductibles galos resiste, todavía y como siempre, al invasor. Y la vida no es fácil para las guarniciones de legionarios romanos en los reducidos campamentos de Babaorum, Aquarium, Laudanum y Petibonum... Este título recoge las aventuras de Astérix con ...more
Published 2005 by Salvat Editores, S.A. (first published May 18th 1961)

To ask other readers questions about Astérix y los Godos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Astérix y los Godos

Amalie
Amazing! Now one of my Asterix favourites for sure. A very ironic and another clever one of those "how it all began" stories: How Getafix instigates the dissolution of Germania into rival states. Visigoths from the East take on Ostrogoths from the West.

There's a history lesson later on for the readers explaining how the Gauls have instigated Two Millennia of German infighting. However comparisons with the extremely sensitive World War II issues are cleverly avoided - Goscinny is a clever storyt
Nicolo Yu
I rescued this battered former library copy from a used bookstore. I was stoked that this was a hardcover Asterix graphic novel. I have never actually beheld one ever.

This was classic Asterix, its humor usually built around puns and word play. The story for this volume was fun, as Asterix and friends set up the Germanic tribes of the Goths so that they wouldn't invade Gaul and Roman for a while. It's cool that it has a bit of history too.

I'll still be looking for more Goscinny and Uderzo Asterix
Matthew Hunter
Brilliant! Don't be fooled by the name puns and near constant head bopping by Asterix and Obelix. There's really interesting historical commentary here. Getafix executing a plan that keeps the Germanic tribes fighting themselves instead of the Gauls for centuries. The back-and-forth between neighbors and enemies showing the arbitrary and often porous nature of national boundaries. The allure and fleeting nature of absolute power. All this and more come under scrutiny here. Asterix and Obelix con ...more
David Sarkies
Asterix goes to Germany
16 April 2012

It is really surprising to see how quickly the Asterix albums get quite good, and while this is not as good as The Golden Sickle (namely due to some of the content which I believe drags it down somewhat) this album is still gold. Asterix and the Goths carries on from where The Golden Sickle ends. Asterix and Obelix have just returned from Lutetia with Getafix's sickle, and Getafix now gets ready to travel to the Forest of Carnutes for the Druid Convention. Ho
Muhammad Shakhawat Hossain
After two rather disappointing issues, Asterix and Obelix's third adventure 'Asterix and the Goths' turned out to be a brilliant work. This issue's storyline is a bit complex. The druid Getafix wins the title 'Druid of the year' and became the target of the Goths from Germania, the very neighbouring state of the Roman occupied Gaul. The barbarian Goths kidnapped the druid and kept him captive. They want him to make them the magic potion that can give them superhuman strength. In order to conquer ...more
Helmut
Si vis pacem...
...dann sorge dafür, dass sich die Gegner gegenseitig platt machen. Die "travail pacificateur" (Zitat Panoramix) der Gallier, die in diesem Band Gallien vor den westgotischen und ostgotischen und sonstiggotischen Invasoren schützen soll, ist ja bis heute ein Erfolgsmodell. Zwietracht beim Gegner zu säen sorgt dafür, dass er mit sich selbst beschäftigt bleibt und die Nachbarn in Ruhe lässt.

Sehr schön, wie die deutsch-französische Grenzkontrolle auf die Schippe genommen wird und der
Maria Carmo
Apr 07, 2015 Maria Carmo rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone.
Funny, but maybe not as much as the two first ones. Anyway, one detailed made me enjoy it a lot: all the questions regarding the different languages and the interpreters... Very funny!
Maria Carmo,

Lisbon, 7 April 2015.
Krishna Kumar
The Romans in the Asterix series are the villains, but they are usually portrayed as bumbling villains. In this book, we get to see another bunch of antagonists, the Goths, who are a little more evil than they are idiots, though towards the end, they also turn out to be easily manipulated fools.

If you recall, “Asterix and the Golden Sickle” was about getting a new sickle for Druid Getafix so that he could go to the Druid conference in time. So this volume starts off with the conference where the
Coenraad
Die Gote wil die Romeinse Ryk binneval, maar voel hulle benodig 'n geheime wapen. Daarom ontvoer hulle die druïde Kasterolix, wat 'n doepa brou wat die drinker bomenslike krag gee. Ongelukkig kom Asterix en Obelix agter die kap van die byl, en terwyl hulle Kasterolix red, saai hulle chaos en verwarring wat die Gote se planne eeue lank in die wiele ry.

Dié lighartige avontuur uit 1963 is nou in sprankelende Afrikaans deur Sonya van Schalkwyk-Barrois verkrygbaar, deel van Protea Boekhuis se wonderl
Noviarman noviarman
kisahnya bermula dari ketika getafix akan berangkat ke hutan carnute untuk mengikuti pertemuan sekaligus perlombaan antar druid (penyihir?) untuk memilih druid of the years. asterix yang menghawatirkan keselamatan getafix turut mengantarkan bersama obelix, namun hanya sampai ke tepi hutan carnute, berhubung mereka berdua bukan druid jadi tidak diperbolehkan masuk. jadi mereka berdua menunggu di tepi hutan.

kemudian berlangsunglah pertemuan para druid tersebut dan akhirnya getafix berhasil memenan
Joseph R.
Village druid Getafix is off to the annual druid convention. Asterix and Obelix decide to escort him just in case. At the convention, Getafix wins the Druid of the Year award for his strength potion (which is what makes Asterix and Obelix such great fighters). Normally, such an accolade would be a great thing. The only problem is the band of Visigoths who have come to capture the Druid of the Year and bring him back to Germania, where they can get him to help them fight the Romans. Asterix and O ...more
Reece
I found funny because when kidnapped getafix and when they opens the sack he in. He swears and at the bottom right it say's that they can't translate it because it's so terrible.It's also funny because when Asterix,obelix and getafix are throne in the dungines they always braking the door. It also has some tricky words in it.
Shravanthi Kripa
I can't forget these wacky names !! HILARIOUS !!! ROTFL :) :)

description

description
Amanda Sheila
#ReadingChallenge from BookgasmIndeed a.k.a. Audrey.

Baca yang versi Indonesia tapi. Kurang begitu suka Asterix & Obelix, lebih suka Tintin. But overall I enjoyed it.
Grace Tierney
I haven't read an Asterik book in ages and was delighted to find I can still understand every word in the French edition. Fun story, daft puns aplenty and great illustrations. Needless to say the goths and the Romans can't defeat the magical Gauls in this adventure.
Tim Roast
This is the third Asterix adventure. It starts with Getafix getting ready to leave the village for the annual druid conference (which is what he was getting ready for in the previous book Asterix and the Golden Sickle, although both are still stand-alone). Unfortunately Getafix ends up getting kidnapped by the Goths who need a druid to help them invade the Roman-invaded France. It is down to Asterix and Obelix to rescue him.

A great story with the Goths talking in Gothic text, and lots of humour
Denim Datta
very funny story. read this in school days first, in bengali. and discovered now that it doesn't loose a bit now.
Jerome
A hilarious Asterix tale about the conflict between the Romans and the Germanic tribes and how the Gauls get mixed up in it, to both sides’ misfortune. As is usual for the series, the authors use many stereotypes (boneheaded German warmongers in Pickelhaube helmets, for instance) and historical events from later times periods to flesh out the story and parody all sorts of things.

Satirical and humorous.

Chrissy
As ever the word play of this series put a smile on my face. I really am growing to love this series.
This book did have a few cringe worthy moments however. One of the pictographs used to represent swears used by one of the Goth characters appeared to be a swastika, and the flag used by the goth chieftain was a German heraldic eagle encased in a white circle on a field of red if you catch my drift. Given the time these were published and where I suppose the mind set is understandable, but it see
Yves
C'est drôle mais moi je ne trippe pas tant que ça sur cet épisode des aventures d'Astérix. Je suis même en train de me penser les bandes dessinées d'Astérix m'ennuie un peu. Dans ce tome, c'est presque la même histoire que dans Astérix le Gaulois mais là ce sont les Goths qui ont capturé Panoramix. Astérix et Obélix partent libérer leur druide. J'ai vraiment aimé la fin quand nos héros sèment la discorde chez les Goths. À part quelques petites blagues isolées, je ne peux pas dire que cet album m ...more
Launette
Love Asterix and Obelix!!
Ray Hall
I am really enjoying the Asterix series and I think Asterix and the Goths the best one yet.I think I have discovered what the secret elixir is,it is no longer made in a cauldron but in a factory,you can buy it in any grocery shop and it comes in a box.Its"WEETABIX"it works for meh aha
Sneha
I love Obelix! The confusion in finding the Goths is hilarious. Romans trying to capture each other! My favorite was the border guard
Darbi Bradley
I had forgotten how much I loved these books as a kid! So when I one that I'd never read at Schoenhof's Foreign Books, I HAD to get it. I'll never be objective about these books, just because I have SUCH fond memories Asterix et al growing up.

Anyways, as other reviewers have said this is the third in the Asterix series. It doesn't really matter what order you read them in, since each adventure stands alone.
  • Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26)
  • The Red Sea Sharks (Tintin, #19)
  • Dalton City (Lucky Luke Adventure, vol. 3)
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...

Asterix (1 - 10 of 35 books)
  • Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1)
  • Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Asterix and the Banquet (Asterix, #5)
  • Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6)
  • Asterix and the Big Fight (Asterix, #7)
  • Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8)
  • Asterix and the Normans (Asterix, #9)
  • Asterix the Legionary (Asterix, #10)
  • Asterix and the Chieftain's Shield (Asterix, #11)
Le petit Nicolas (Le petit Nicolas, #1) Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1) Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6) Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8) Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)