Start by marking “Entangled Dreams (Southern Suspense, #3)” as Want to Read:
Entangled Dreams (Southern Suspense, #3)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Entangled Dreams (Southern Suspense #3)

When Alexandra Nicole was eight, she thought she was a princess in a fairytale. But after a tragic accident shatters her magical life, she finds herself in a cold and heartless reality.

As an adult, she once again faces harsh truths and decides to take control of her life. Unfortunately, choices have a way of entangling her dreams and pushing her down a dark and dismal path
Kindle Edition
Published (first published September 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Entangled Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entangled Dreams

Becky
Apr 06, 2013 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. (So far I have liked every Carmen DeSousa book that I've read!) I think that I enjoyed these characters a bit more because the relationships weren't quite as intense as the others. I liked Jordan and Jaynee in She belongs To Me but Jordon was a tad bit too possessive for my taste. Chad and Cassandra in Land of the Noonday Sun were a great couple, not quite as consumed or overwhelming. In this story Alexandra/Nicky ends up having a great relationship with ...more
Terry Trahan
Entangled Dreams was amazing! Carmen DeSousa delivered a spectacular story once again! I was on the edge of my seat several times while reading this. I HIGHLY recommend Entangled Dreams if you like to read about a strong heroine that meets her knight in shining armor!
Sam
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
Another super great book by Carmen! Review to come. :)

~~~

Carmen DeSousa is one of my favorite authors. So of course I was incredibly happy when I got this book in the mail. Having loved Carmen's first two books (they are truly terrific), I was so ecstatic to jump into this one. And I expected to love it. Which I did.

I love this book so much. It just may be my favorite book by Carmen DeSousa. I'm not sure. If it's not, then it's definitely tied with Land of the Noonday Sun. Either way, this book
Amy R
Sep 19, 2012 Amy R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book by Carmen DeSousa. She writes stories that pull out a wide range of emotions when you are reading them. She also writes heroes and heroines that are a little different than you are used to reading about. The heroes in Carmen’s stories are not the typical stubborn alpha male we all swoon over in other romance books. Yet, you still fall for them and love them in their own way. It is nice to read about different types of heroes.

In this story we find Alexandra who dreams a
M.J. Kane
Sep 13, 2012 M.J. Kane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One thing I love most is a writer who knows how to switch up her style of writing, never presenting the same type of story twice. I've read Carmen's first two books and loved them. Entangled Dreams follows the life of Alexandra who like all little girls, imagine life is like a Disney movie, all happiness and sunshine. Everything is perfect and one day her prince will come. But we realize as we grow up, life isn't like that. Tragedy leads to unhappiness, what should have been never happens, ...more
Christine Steendam
Entangled Dreams by Carmen DeSousa is a romantic-suspense that strays a little bit from her normal style, but keeps with the quality that I've come to expect from her as an author.

The story follows the life of Alexandra Nicole, a seemingly Cinderella character that lost her mother at a young age, her father to alcohol, and her life to her step-mother. Since then her life has been more a nightmare than a fairytale, until the fateful night that she decides to stop caring and makes a mistake, or do
Kim
Dec 24, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read two other stories from this author and once again she doesn't disappoint. This book has to be my favorite because Cameron has come through a teenaged nightmare e and is a better person because of it. He lost his father and takes care of his mother. He meets Alexandra who lived a fairy tale life till her mother dies and she losses her father to alcohol and her stepmother and stepsisters don't care wether she's there or not. She lived between friends all through school, dated Johnathon ...more
WiLoveBooks
Sep 21, 2012 WiLoveBooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful romance from Carmen DeSousa. I really love her books because she tells a great story about people who are not perfect, but are doing the best they can. Her heroes make me melt because they are not the typical hero. In Entangled Dreams we have a good guy who is sweet and would do anything to please his woman, without being a pushover. He is protective, but still lets her make her own decisions. The romance is plenty steamy without being graphic. There is suspense to keep you ...more
Nelta
Oct 22, 2014 Nelta rated it really liked it
My first book by this author, and "Entangled Dreams" was a very enjoyable read. Carmen Desousa delivers a romantic- mystery that keeps you turning the pages. Sometimes the wait is worth it and God answers our prayers.
Winding Stairs Book Blog
I couldn't put it down! The characters draw you right in. Loved it!
Dee Cash
Dec 12, 2015 Dee Cash rated it liked it
Entangled Dreams is Very Entangled

Entangled Dreams was an interesting novel without of Entanglements as the title suggests. To me the book just wasn't realistic. I can't see a girl living with a man for most of six years and then just riding off Into the sunset with a stranger. I don't think it is realistic that he would fall for her in one night and she would claim to love him after one night. It was a little creepy. I kept expecting the new guy to be some kind of lunatic.
Stephanie
Feb 06, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Princess Nicky

I liked that Nicky, as a child, saw herself as a princess. She had this ideal life and then everything changed. She doesn't look at the choices that she has made or why she has really made them but one night, she changes everything. A great romance with some mystery and suspense. I also liked that there was some growth in the characters as they went through their "battles".
Emma
This modern-day adaptation of Cinderella has no shortage of modern twists that deviates from the traditional model, instead painting a gritty, unpolished picture of of the characters in the story. Although those expecting an endearing, fairy-tale story may be disappointed, those who enjoy inherently flawed characters and their interactions with complex situations may find this book to be an intriguing reboot of the original.
Cesar Inocencio
I liked the way the author developed the story – the ending wasn't expected nor the sequence of events "forced". It wasn't my habit of reading stories of this genre but the title kind of intrigued me, as well as the description. If you're into romance and a different kind of fairy tale story, you might want to read this.
Julia
Jan 06, 2016 Julia rated it it was ok
Not very suspenseful

More like stupid behavior begets stupid consequences. I'm realizing I don't like it when the heroine is under 25. You'd think this one would be smarter, but no. This one was more about an abusive relationship than suspense. Bleh.
Sue
Nov 11, 2014 Sue rated it really liked it
Romance with lots of angst. Strong heroine, surprisingly strong hero. Creepy evil-doer. Lots of issues from past, present, and future for all to deal with.
Linda Allen
Feb 28, 2016 Linda Allen rated it really liked it
Good read

Keeps you guessing the outcome, and has just enough romance and wit. I really like the characters and hope to learn more about them in the other books.
Becky VandenBosch
Dec 04, 2015 Becky VandenBosch rated it it was amazing
Great book!!!

I chose this rating cause this book included all I like in a book mystery and romance and a great storyline. I would finally recommend it!!!
Marjorie Pevey
Feb 15, 2015 Marjorie Pevey rated it liked it
On the fence

I liked the plot for the most part it had wonderful potential. What I didn't care too much was the awkward high school dialogue... It was however a sweet story.
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
Jan 23, 2015 Tricia (McAllister) Houseman rated it it was amazing
great story, loved the characters, she did a great job creating a modern story (not something out there) ... more down to earth.
Janine Labo
Janine Labo rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
D Wallace
D Wallace rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Betsy Rutledge
Betsy Rutledge rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
Nikky
Nikky rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Sophie Thompson
Sophie Thompson rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
Sudhakar B
Sudhakar B rated it did not like it
May 22, 2016
Kimiko
Kimiko rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2016
Cris
Cris rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Bethany Nkosi
Bethany Nkosi rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Mr. Wilkinson's Vegetables: A Cookbook to Celebrate the Garden
  • Mistress of the Wind
  • Cold Fusion 2000
  • The Fregoli Delusion (Donaghue and Stainer Crime Novel #3)
  • Unlikely (Kingdoms Gone, #1)
  • Heart of the Demon (Warriors of the Rift, #3)
  • Jago
  • Redemption
  • Operation Proof of Life (Super Agent, #3)
  • Plague City
  • Widow's Tale
  • Tethered Twins
  • Mafia Cop: The Two Families of Michael Palermo; Saints Only Live in Heaven
  • Brightside
  • A Shot of Red
  • Darkness Rising (Legends of Marithia, #2)
  • Lifemobile
  • Alien Invasion of the Zombie Apocalypse
Reader Profile: First and foremost, I am a reader. From the moment I could hold a book, I've been fascinated with the written word. I enjoy almost everything, but lean toward romantic-suspense and magical realism. If you're looking for poor reviews, you won't find them here. The reason...life's too short to read bad books. If a book isn't at least three stars halfway through, I stop reading, and ...more
More about Carmen DeSousa...

Southern Suspense (5 books)
  • She Belongs to Me (Southern Suspense, #1)
  • Land of the Noonday Sun (Southern Suspense, #2)
  • When Noonday Ends (Southern Suspense, #4)
  • Split Decisions (Southern Suspense, #5)