Start by marking “The Amish Widow (Amish Secret Widows' Society #1)” as Want to Read:
The Amish Widow (Amish Secret Widows' Society #1)

The Amish Widow (Amish Secret Widows' Society #1)

Newly widowed Amish woman Emma Kurtzler has little time to grieve before she discovers that someone is trying to force her from her farm.
The man who had the lease on her farm is found murdered shortly after informing Emma of his intention to break the lease.
In an effort to both save her farm and avoid becoming a suspect in the man's murder, Emma sets out to get to the bo
Published August 29th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Amish Widow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amish Widow

Brenda
Jan 24, 2016 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

As someone who loves Amish fiction this book is all that I expected and more! There is an interesting cast of characters, a sweet budding romance of sorts, and a not so easy to solve murder mystery that really has a great punch at the end. The story never lags and it leaves me anxious to read the next book in the series. I am so glad that I stumbled upon this author's work, it's really a refreshing change of pace for the typical Amish read.
Delpha Phelps
Kept you hanging till the end. Good mystery.
Shelly Mccarthy
Sep 24, 2016 Shelly Mccarthy rated it really liked it
Loved this book. For Amish this was a great read. Excited for the next book.
booksthrubifocals
Sep 04, 2015 booksthrubifocals rated it it was ok
Cute, unsure what age group story is intended for

I didn't realize until I'd finished this book that it was the second story in Ms. Price's Amish series I'd read. I had pretty much the same reservations with this one as with "The Amish Nanny." The main character is childish and most of the characters are shallow. The fact that they are Amish is more a gimmick (Amish stories tend to be popular) as most of the characters seem to have little respect for their faith. The scriptures before each chapte
Hazel Robinson
Jan 22, 2015 Hazel Robinson rated it liked it
Okay

Emma just lost her husband Levi to a work related accident. The day she bury her husband some land developer is already asking to buy her land. The farmer that is leasing some of her land is found dead everyone is a suspect. Emma do not know who to trust. She be friends a group of other widows and the decide to play detective to see if the call figure out why someone is so interested in her land. There is humor,suspense, murder,and love. Wonderful story. The only down side story was a little
Cheryl
Jan 05, 2015 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
This book was intriguing. Several twist and turns leading up to who done it.

Emma is distraught over her husband Levi's passing and she is worried about the farm.

When a stranger keeps insisting she sells the farm things get more complicated for her.

Will Emma sell the farm? Will she find love again so close to her husband's passing?

Great book. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Rita Newlin
Apr 02, 2015 Rita Newlin rated it it was amazing
The Amish Widow

This book has taken a quiet a twist on Amish life.
If anyone likes a mystery book, this is one of a series to read, it will keep you reading to see what happens next. Very good and interesting due to these are Amish women in the center of the story.
Linda Howard
Nov 29, 2014 Linda Howard rated it really liked it
Amish Widow

This is a new author for me. I love reading Amish Suspense series. This is the first book in the series.
To be the first book it was pretty good. Can't wait to read the other ones. I would recommend this book to anyone that love to read a good clean suspense book.
Janet
Oct 16, 2015 Janet rated it liked it
I wasn't crazy about this book. To me it was very disjointed. I usually like Amish romances but the only thing that was Amishe was the main character saying she was Amish. Nope, this one was just not my cup of tea. And it was so short.
Lauren Demerchant
Jan 22, 2015 Lauren Demerchant rated it liked it
Borrowed the book from Kindle Unlimited.

Not a huge fan of the reading style -- it seemed a bit juvenile. The plot was alright, with a few interesting twists but the ending seemed to come pretty abruptly.
bonnie kidd nevarez
Feb 11, 2015 bonnie kidd nevarez rated it really liked it
Good read

,Good book,couldn't put down till finished,didn't dislike or like anything in particular.would recommend to Everyone who enjoys a easy flowing book to read
Barbara Gettter
Nov 03, 2014 Barbara Gettter rated it liked it
Good story, quick, light reading.

This is a fun book to read on vacation. I love a happy ending and the characters are quirky enough to be interesting.

Kathy Winkelman
Aug 16, 2015 Kathy Winkelman rated it really liked it
Nice

The book is easy to read. Even though the writing is simple, you really get to know the characters. It is a nice read.
Frances Chrisman
Jan 05, 2015 Frances Chrisman rated it it was amazing
The Amish Widow

This book was interesting. The story was a mystery with several prospects. I loved the Amish Widows society. This book was hard to put down.
Mary T Lewis
Aug 28, 2015 Mary T Lewis rated it it was amazing
The Amish Widow

Fast pace mystery with a very surprising ending. Will one of the widows be murdered trying to solve this who-du It?
Joann
Feb 28, 2016 Joann rated it it was amazing
Great mystery

So glad I read this book! Some good friends (characters) from another series ! So many different twists and turns!! Can't wait to see what the widows are up to again!!
Mary T. McMurtray
May 26, 2015 Mary T. McMurtray rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Kept me guess ing to the very end.

I chose this rating because of the content. which used the KJV of the Bible which is my favorite Bible.
brenda mcmanus
Jan 03, 2015 brenda mcmanus rated it it was amazing
One good book......

I would recommend this book to anyone that like Amish books......I love Amish books and this is one of my favorites....pm
Sharon
Oct 06, 2014 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Great read

I do not usually like mysteries, bit this one is so well done...paths cross intelligently with such passion and love.
Betty Croslin
Betty Croslin rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2015
annie
annie rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Marlene Urbani
Marlene Urbani rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
Mary Jane McMeekin
Mary Jane McMeekin rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Noemi
Noemi rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2015
GARNETT M CARBERRY
GARNETT M CARBERRY rated it did not like it
Nov 16, 2014
Mrspeatster
Mrspeatster rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Theresa Rash
Theresa Rash rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2014
judith A Shelley
judith A Shelley rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2016
  • Ruth's Dilemma (The Zook Sisters of Lancaster County #1)
  • Conspiracy of Silence
  • Thrown to the Wolves (The Faith in Peril Trilogy, #1)
  • The Secret Ingredient (Secret Ingredient, #1)
  • Faith (The Amish Buggy Horse, #1)
  • A Heart Made New (The Bliss Creek Amish #2)
  • An Unforgivable Secret (Amish Secrets #1)
  • Rebecca's Choice (Adams County, #3)
  • The Miracle Landing: and Other Supernatural Encounters
  • A Quilt for Jenna (Apple Creek Dreams, #1)
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • Autumn's Shadow (Northern Intrigue, #2)
  • Sweet Nothings
  • Deadly Neighbors (River Valley Mystery #1)
  • Mystery Spring Fling
  • One Thing: How to Keep Your Faith in a World of Chaos
  • Strictly G.I.: The WWII Letters of Cpl.Wanda M. Renn
  • StreetChild: An Unpaved Passage
Having been raised in a strict Exclusive Brethren household, Samantha had no access to Television or regular social events that other children enjoyed. As a child, Samantha created her own entertainment by making up stories and plays.
Her early religious upbringing helped her gain a knowledge of religions such as the Amish and the Mennonites.
Samantha Price has written over thirty five books, and ma
More about Samantha Price...

Amish Secret Widows' Society (10 books)
  • Hidden (Amish Secret Widows' Society, #2)
  • Accused (Amish Secret Widows' Society, #3)
  • Amish Regrets (Amish Secret Widows' Society, #4)
  • Amish House of Secrets (Amish Secret Widows' Society, #5)
  • Amish Undercover (Amish Secret Widows' Society, #6)
  • Plain Murder (Amish Secret Widows' Society, #7)
  • Plain Wrong (Amish Secret Widows' Society, #9)
  • Amish Breaking Point (Amish Secret Widows' Society, #8)
  • That Which Was Lost (Amish Secret Widows' Society #10)

“McAllister.” 0 likes