Start by marking “Once Smitten, Twice Shy (Wedding Veil Wishes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Once Smitten, Twice Shy (Wedding Veil Wishes, #2)

Once Smitten, Twice Shy (Wedding Veil Wishes #2)

Legend claims this antigue Irish wedding veil can grant your heart's deepest desire. But be careful what you wish for...

Published January 1st 2008 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Once Smitten, Twice Shy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Smitten, Twice Shy

Jane Stewart
2.5 stars. I couldn’t sympathize with the characters who were making impractical and stupid decisions.

Tish and Shane are madly in love and in lust with each other. Within less than a year after getting married, a crisis happens which causes each of them to make stupid decisions, and they divorce. Two years later, they still long for each other but don’t act on it. Shane proposes to someone he likes but does not love. His new fiancé Elysee hires Tish to make a video film of the engagement party a
Crystal
Jun 17, 2009 Crystal rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like romance and series books that involve friends, those who like humor
From amazon.com:

Wedding videographer Tish Gallagher is at the end of her rope. Her business is about to go bust. She's just spent her last buck on nonreturnable (but oh so fabulous) shoes. And her most sustainable relationship is with a pint of Haagen Dazs. So she makes a wish on the lucky wedding veil to get out of debt...and sees the man she never stopped loving, her ex-husband, secret service agent Shane Tremont. Sure, their chemistry was off-the-charts sizzling hot, but their clashes were le
Susan
Aug 10, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Good book. Tish is trying to figure out how to save her business. She needs to work a good wedding to get herself out of debt. After making a wish on the magic wedding veil, she gets asked to film the wedding of the president's daughter. She is thrilled and heads out to meet the bride and groom. The bride is sweet and innocent and will film like a dream. So will the groom, who is rugged and hot - and her ex-husband. She has never stopped loving him, but can't forgive him for his withdrawal when ...more
Countrygirl
Mar 24, 2009 Countrygirl rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
It was a cute little chic read. A little unbelievable but if you are looking for something lite and fun its worth a shot. I find it unbelievable because what woman in her right mind would hire her fiancee's ex wife to video tape her wedding and the fact that she was the president's daughter.
Gina Marie
Jan 10, 2016 Gina Marie rated it it was amazing
What can I say, I read it in a day, couldn't tear myself away!

Tish is a struggling videographer, poor as a church mouse, and broken hearted from her divorce. When she's asked to film the wedding of the President's daughter, Elysee, she's convinced it will save her career. Little does she know the groom is Shane Trement. Her ex husband whom she still loves!

Shane is secret service, bodyguard to Elysee. After saving her life they realize their friendship is special and safe. Out of loneliness and
Jenn Scranton
Nov 01, 2012 Jenn Scranton rated it it was ok
Overall, i was really disappointed... I actually read the series out of order and this was well.... frustrating. Its uncomfortable to read about an "almost affair" and be happy with them. "Tish" is also hard to like and pity. She has lost everything, yes, but it was pretty self-inflicted. I realize that their loss, (you will find out if you read it!) was very difficult for lack of a better word, but I find it mind-numbingly frustrating for people to relieve their woes with shopping... ...more
Julie Barrett
Jun 18, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
Once Smitten, Twice Shy by Lori Wilde
Secret Services Agent Shane Tremont was on the lookout for anybody that wanted to harm the President's daughter: Elysse
He gets between her and a backhoe and saves her life, destroying his chances of recovering fully after a 13 week in a coma hospital stay. He
recuperates at her father's ranch.
Tish, Shanes ex wife is on the job hunt and is much overdrawn her accounts at the bank.
Tish saw Shane pleading for her to help him after she wished for a lot of things.
T
Connie N.
Jun 29, 2016 Connie N. rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This the 2nd in the wedding veil series but was a bit of a disappointment after the enjoyment of the romantic and more exciting 1st book. The main characters of Tish (a videographer) and Shane (her ex-husband Secret Service agent) were pleasantly agreeable. However, their romantic feelings for each other were supposed to be explosive, but except for an exciting scene on the ferry in a thunderstorm, they seemed sadly predictable. It was kind of fun to see some of the inner workings of the White ...more
Joanne
Jul 04, 2013 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lori-wilde
Initially I wasn't sure if 'Once Smitten, Twice Shy' (the second book of four in the 'Wedding Veil Wishes' series) was going to be my sort of book but as it developed I thoroughly enjoyed it. Most of the things I had trouble with at the beginning were explained in a way that made sense to me and took them off my personal niggle list.

Lori Wilde explains her character development really well and in great detail without slowing the story down in any way. I love the way she brought all the loose end
Merceda
Jul 08, 2015 Merceda rated it really liked it
Vicki
Apr 13, 2011 Vicki rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vicki by: Renee
Ok, now this was more like the Lori Wilde I'm used to reading. 'Once Smitten, Twice Shy' is the second book in the Wedding Veil Wishes series, and whilst the first book ('There Goes the Bride') didn't nail it, this one does. It is a much more coherant and smooth flowing book, I really liked both of the main characters - Shane Tremont and Tish Gallagher, and the secondary characters were appealing too. Onto the third book now...
Trang Nguyen
A cute light read that pulled the strings to my heart a few times. However, there were times where I caught myself scanning because I couldn't stay focused on what was happening to the characters. (I'm not a big fan of repetion, especially when I just read it a few chapters ago)

Tish and Shane now exes are forced to re-live their marriage and past when Elysse, Shane's fiancé wants to hire Tish as their videographer to their upcoming nuptials. Need I say more??
Linda
Apr 17, 2008 Linda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Good love story/fast read
Typical read of someone in love, getting with child, getting married, getting divorced. Two years later, meeting for his wedding to someone else. Refers to "Best Friends Wedding" a couple of times in the book and it is right. Except the two women only meet for a buiness opportunity.
One sex scene in the book that is pretty good, but if it offends you, you can skip it and not loose out on the story.
Just - The romance reader
Feb 24, 2010 Just - The romance reader rated it really liked it
Shelves: at-library
For a romance novel this one's got it all; action, suspense, humor, and of course romance. Oh, and a few steamy love scenes too!

As the second book in the Wedding Veil Wishes series I love how Wilde has brought back characters from There Goes The Bride. I enjoyed the first book, and didn't realize that the whole series linked all the characters together, so it was a pleasant surprise!
Janice
A little far fetched...These types of romance books are always a guilty pleasure so not much to critique. I was rooting for Tish and Shane the whole way. The ending was obvious but the subplot was thrown gave it some body. Elysee (the first daughter) is naive but not annoyingly so.I liked her character despite that flaw. Overall, I enjoyed the story.
Amanda
May 10, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-novels
This book was cute but nothing special. I really liked Tish and her whole deal at the beginning but I wanted to hear Elysee's story with Cal much more than Tish and Shane. Also I feel like most of the conversations between Tish and Shane were them staring at at each other and saying the others name despairingly. Amirite?
Kelli
Aug 12, 2013 Kelli rated it it was amazing
I just re-read this book. I stayed up all night to re-read it and that hasn't happened to me in a long time let alone with a book I know almost as well as the back of my hand. I love this book. I know that for me it's all the build up, it's all the history, it's all the chemistry - good lord - the chemistry....
Jenny Rebecca
Mar 10, 2008 Jenny Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-novels
Meh. It was a sweet story, and you found yourself rooting for the main character immediately. I know this sounds bad, but if the story isn't going to have much of a plot, it should at least have more steam.
Suzanne
Mar 11, 2015 Suzanne rated it it was ok
Shelves: gave-up-on
I'm sorry, I wanted to give better rating but just couldn't. Gave up on this one. I just really did not like Tish, AT ALL. Story seemed like it was probable good but I just could not stand another second reading about this character.
Maria
I couldn’t connect with the characters; their constant inner thoughts and the flashbacks were annoying. And the hero’s marriage proposal to Elysee? Please!... This is not my kind of story.
Melissa Fletcher
Jan 04, 2010 Melissa Fletcher rated it it was amazing
Lori Wilde is a reallly good author i loved how she did the characters and it was so fun to read the whole time and it was realistic, Tish and Shane are the main characters! really good!
Dee
Apr 30, 2014 Dee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two-haiku review:

She's divorced two years
Hired to film ex's wedding
What went wrong with them?

Angsty, heart-wrenching
Makes HEA the sweeter
Great deep characters
Samantha
May 19, 2012 Samantha rated it liked it
Read it as part of Kiss the Bride by Lori Wilde. It was cute but there was some major mishaps. Review to come...
Laurie
Feb 12, 2008 Laurie rated it liked it
Second book in the wedding veil series. The first one is "There Goes the Bride". I enjoyed both books.
Shana Elbrecht
Feb 11, 2013 Shana Elbrecht rated it liked it
Overall, this book was much better-written than the first one in the series, but I didn't love some of the supporting characters in this one.
Kathryn
Sep 13, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
great story. I need to find the first book from this series... not as tear jerking as the last book I read thank goodness.
Erin Woolwine
Apr 01, 2008 Erin Woolwine rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good love story
Recommended to Erin by: Found it at Border's while meeting my brother for coffee
I really enjoyed reading this book... It is a wonderful love story about the one who got away.... They always seem to find their way back.
Stephanie
Apr 17, 2009 Stephanie rated it did not like it
This was definately a romance book with the intimate crude details! This book tried to have a love story, but I thought it was more just a sex story!
Lauren
Jul 12, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it
i liked this book...but for the life of me, i can't decide what the title is supposed to mean in relation to the story. it just seems...off.
Jenny Hubenthal
Jenny Hubenthal rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2016
  • Waiting for Yesterday
  • Sometimes Naughty, Sometimes Nice (Farrel Sisters, #2)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #6; Goddard Project, #1)
  • Undone: Going All The Way  / Her Secret Thrill / Good Time Girl
  • Santa In A Stetson
  • Next Door Daddy (Mule Hollow, #7)
  • The Bridesmaid Chronicles: First Love
  • Daughter of Kura: A Novel
  • Guys & Dogs (Guys & Dogs, #1)
  • Wild (Winston Brothers, #4)
  • Kissing Frogs
  • Some Girls Do (Sisters Trilogy #1)
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • Thoroughly Kissed (Fates #2)
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Hot Wheels and High Heels (Playboys, #1)
  • Wife for a Day
  • Ms. Taken Identity
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis
More about Lori Wilde...

Wedding Veil Wishes (4 books)
  • There Goes the Bride (Wedding Veil Wishes, #1)
  • Addicted to Love (Wedding Veil Wishes, #3)
  • All of Me (Wedding Veil Wishes, #4)

“Their tongues met, starving, two years without this delicious meal. They kissed and kissed and kissed. The joining of their mouths was more intense than that night on the ferry. This was a kiss of reunion.
Of forgiveness.