Start by marking “My Partner the Wolf (Shifters and Partners #1)” as Want to Read:
My Partner the Wolf (Shifters and Partners #1)

My Partner the Wolf (Shifters and Partners #1)

Tom Langley and Sean Goods work together in a human-and-wolf shifter partnership, assisting the police, rushing in to solve crimes wherever their bosses send them. They're a great team, and they have fun together, too: joking and enjoying each other's company in a way that doesn't happen every day.

Tom is also a married man. And his husband hates the wolf shifter with a pas
Published September 16th 2014 by Spare Words Press

To ask other readers questions about My Partner the Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Partner the Wolf

Katrina Passick Lumsden
Aug 14, 2015 Katrina Passick Lumsden rated it did not like it
DNF'd at 3%.

That's right, 3%.

Why?

Well, when the main character's romantic partner nearly kicks the main character's work partner, while said work partner is in wolf form and has done nothing to provoke this kind of abuse....and said main character not only doesn't really do much to defend his work partner, but instead becomes distracted by douchebag boyfriend's hot body and wanders off to have sex...

Am I supposed to like this guy? Really? He can't be redeemed to me now. It's one thing to be a
Kristy Maitz
Jun 10, 2016 Kristy Maitz rated it liked it
Shelves: shape-shifters
I wanted to say; it was a good reading material but I will say:

- it's a bullshit,
- it's to damn depressing,
- it's to emotional,
- it's not romantic at all,
- it's not believable,
- main character Tom is an drama queen and an idiot.

Even happy ending doesn't make it feel good.
Elspeth
nope.
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it it was ok
Tom is waaaay to whiney. I know this is a snarky thing to think but it felt like I was getting two alpha males as the partner but Tom through most of the book doesn't act like the typical alpha male. I really thought his character was overdone. Some sorrow and betrayal with the depression which didn't have to be all tears would have worked but it seemed the author went with the tears for the character. He is a "sensitive" guy but as I said it goes too far. Also cops know that if they are as bad ...more
Susan65
Nov 21, 2015 Susan65 rated it really liked it
The Blogger Girls

I really like the human-shifter pairing of alpha males in law enforcement and for the most part this was a great story. I loved all of the cases that Tom and Sean went on and solved together. They are part of a specialized team that used the nose of the wolf to find missing children (and other crimes) and saved the day more than once. They were heroes and a great team. Their friendship and partnership was easy and real.

Except that Tom is married to Lowell, a sneaky, manipulative
Blackrabbit
Sep 19, 2014 Blackrabbit rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was one of those where, barely 1/4 the way through, I already wanted to reach out and shake some sense into the MC. Rarely have I seen a character work as hard for a happy ending as Sean, and rarely have I seen one sabotage himself in his own head as hard as Tommy. This was a very angsty read, so if that isn't your thing then this might not be for you, but I found I couldn't put it away because I so very much wanted to see the two of them make things work.

I enjoyed
Pati
Oct 06, 2014 Pati rated it did not like it
Generally I like Hollis Shiloh books, which makes it even harder for me to rate this so poorly however, it is what it is.

First and foremost it needs a good editor and a proof reader. I only got to about 25% before I just couldn't make myself continue. In that time I ran across numerous errors: missing words;grammar;wrong name; wrong tense used;etc.etc. Yet, though irritating, I could have overlooked all of those had I not found the one MC so unbelievable. I'm sorry but this supposed cop is a c
Sarina
I really wanted to like this book but it just didn't work for me. The characters came off as fairly one dimensional and the situations between the two main characters was kind of wash, rinse, repeat. Half way through the book I was just wondering how much longer it would take me to finish it. I only actually enjoyed maybe the last 15% of the book and that's pretty horrible, especially for something I'd been looking forward to. I won't be bothering with the sequel and I really don't think I'll be ...more
Brooklyn
Apr 27, 2016 Brooklyn rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed, mm-romance
Tommy was a mess! It was interesting to see it from the POV of someone who resisted the mate thing, who wasn't just fall down infatuated, nor accepting of the wolf bond. But honestly, the whole wolf thing could have easily been left out and the story would have worked with just humans. I didn't really see what the wolf aspect gave to the story.
Hc Lynn
This started out pretty strong and then....Tom kind of turns into a wussy boy. It's not really being upset over being left behind at a restaurant (first incident from the reader's POV) its that he literally was crying. Don't get me wrong, I kinda liked this.. but Tom went from seeming like this strong alpha type to queensville drama and I didn't expect it.

Just.. too crybaby like
Tammy
Oct 12, 2015 Tammy rated it it was ok
I never did warm up to Tom and thought maybe the next book might be better but not according to the reviews I read so far so I won't waste my money or time on book two. :-(
Aerulan
Nov 23, 2016 Aerulan rated it did not like it
Giving up 10/18/16 at 62%, which is as much as I can force myself to read. And I should have quit at the beginning when Tom's husband tries to kick Sean while he's in his wolf form, because he doesn't like him. And Tom not only doesn't take his husband Lowell to task for that shit or give more than a token defense of Sean. No he goes off with Lowell and has sex, leaving Sean waiting in the kitchen. Asshole.
I HATE Tom. He's a horrible person, a whiny, selfish, drama queen who has no redeeming qua
Susana
Dec 26, 2014 Susana rated it liked it
Tom Langley is a happy man. He has a job he enjoys, a job mate, Sean Good, who is also his best friend, and he is married to the man of his dreams, Lowell. If only his love and his best friend would sign a truce and become friends, Tom’s life would be perfect. But all his happiness crumbles and disappears the day Lowell decides to leave him. Tom crashes in a most absolute way, and only Sean’s unwavering support and companionship prevent him from doing something completely stupid… Like g
HaloLove
Oct 11, 2015 HaloLove rated it liked it
1/2

The first part of this story was a 2 star for me:

1. I never felt bad for Tommy because I only saw how he ignored Lowell for Sean.

2. Everything was always about Sean. You're never really given the opportunity to see how much Tommy loved Lowell, yea it's said over and over again how much Tommy was in love with Lowell, but from the very beginning his attention is mainly on Sean.

3. I never really believed the hype of Tommy being broken hearted over Lowell, there wasn't enough background given
TayaJay
Dec 04, 2014 TayaJay rated it really liked it
Oh! The feels for this book. I simply couldn't resist buying another Hollis Shiloh's book. This my favorite author for 2014. I had different level of emotions when reading this book. But the main one I want to point out is that it made me smile. I was into the book from the start to the end.

Firstly, I wanted to smack Tommy but also realized that is exactly how you should be feeling when someone you love betrays you. You just don't get over it in an instant just because you're involved with some
April
Nov 16, 2015 April rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book, but it was just painful to read! Even skimming through it, it was painful!

The whole conflict in this story was because one guy couldn't get over his cheating ex-husband. I almost never think people are whining, but this guy took the "poor me, I'm so depressed! I don't know if I can love again!" to such heights that it was ridiculous.

------SPOILERS!!!!

He has a wolf-shifter partner who he is pretty much best-friends with, but treats the guy like utter crap. He runs hot
Kathleen Nichols
Mar 12, 2015 Kathleen Nichols rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: To those 18+
I hard a hard time getting through the first part of the book. There were numerous inconsistencies that sometimes made following the story/conversation between characters hard or simply made some sentences difficult to understand without carefully re-reading the sentence. As this is the first book I've read by this author I cannot speak as to her previous works but I will be looking for other things written by this author.

I enjoyed the story and will be reading the second book when I can afford
Regencyfan93
Sep 05, 2016 Regencyfan93 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
Sean was amazing and patient in this book.

Tom was tiresome and needy and kept hanging on thoughts of his ex-husband. Maybe this is a true portrayal of depression, that we can't let go of thoughts of the harm done to us. And this can linger for years without treatment.

Lowell seems to have been the same person after marriage that he was when he and Tom started dating. While I thought Lowell was a jerk, he was the same that he had always been, only the names changed from time to time.

I stuck with t
Renee Henshaw
Sep 18, 2014 Renee Henshaw rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, after the first 10%. There were a few issues in the start, it was a little wooden, and then getting the characters names mixed up. It also annoyed me when a reference was made to removing one of the characters jeans, when we had just had the PJs they were wearing described to us. But after that I really got into it, and could not put the story down.

It was different than I was expecting, this was a book about a relationship, not about a mystery or a police drama, in fa
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
What the WHAT?!?!? Hollis Shiloh has given me some wonderfully satisfying reads like Brian's Mate and Falling for Archie. I was kind of excited about this series and damn if I can figure out what's going on. The story meanders and takes forever to get to any point. When they, Sean and Tom are hunting for a missing child in the beginning I'm all on board. The writing was crisp and had a rhythm. Their run in the beginning is insightful but once Lowell has his snit it's like a totally diff ...more
joani
Jan 26, 2015 joani rated it it was ok
I expected so much more...

I was disappointed! I really thought it would be more intense which when you combine wolves and law enforcement you get a great, powerful story. Tom is a pitiful crybaby who feels he is useless which is what he is because of his attitude. I know how hard it is to overcome the one person you love even when that person is manipulative and a cheat. I get it !! Now get over it and fast. Sean is a beautiful, confident, fun, powerful man/wolf, who could resist. This is not wh
Jeanne Drzewiecki
Jan 28, 2016 Jeanne Drzewiecki rated it liked it
My Partner The Wolf

I struggled thru this book. At the beginning of the book the author has a h are time keeping the characters straight and it definitely threw the timing off of the book big time, in my opinion.
I also thought that Tom/Tommie was just a weak character found it hard to believe he had such poor self worth and in my opinion never matured much thru the book. Would have loved if he was so "weak" but did grow stronger and we would have witnessed this at the end. He did go thru a lot an
Meggie
Apr 16, 2016 Meggie rated it really liked it
Wow, tom was such a mess, it was terrible to read it. Still, love won and they lived happy ever after, LOL. Anyway, it was melodramatic, but enjoyable enough.

2015/January/23 - 4 star rating
Sure this story has a lot of holes in the storyline and has a main character, who is to an emotional mess. Either way, for my part it was an enjoyable satisfying first book. Sure Sean acted to fast with Tom, and nearly run him over with his emotional need to have Tom, his mate with him, and it backtfired on
Jane (PS)
Oct 04, 2015 Jane (PS) rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, mm
If Tom had a bit more guts to him, this would have a higher avg rating. I really enjoyed the premise and a lot of the police work - the majority of the focus was on the partner relationship between Sean and Tom which I liked; the police work gave a bit of relief and more meaning to that relationship. Tick.

However (view spoiler)
Ashley♥Alexis
Finally finished! Took me months of stopping and starting but it is finished. This was hard to stick with because I just did not care. I never felt connected enough to Tom to really care about his "angst." His character in general didn't seem that consistent. I'm not saying a manly cop can't cry but he just seemed like a very weak willed individual. I liked Sean a bit more but I imagine if I had to read his internal monologue it would have been all over the place as well. The story was ok. The ...more
Beth
Jul 25, 2015 Beth rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
Oh the angst! I'm actually not a fan of angsty books and this was pretty bad. I ended up not caring for either MC by the end of the book. Tom needed to help himself and find his own way before they got together and just when I thought maybe that was happening...it never did. Sean...oh Sean. He let himself get walked all over. I enjoyed their partnership as far as work and I loved that they could read each other so well. I'm just disappointed in the angst and back and forth. I'm sorry but Lo was ...more
Chelle
Oct 07, 2014 Chelle rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, shifter, boyz, lawman
If you're feeling like just soaking in a big pool of angsty angst, and you are not allergic to whining, ease on in. You'll be all pruny with the whining angst.

I can get into a little angst, but for me, this got a bit much. I can sympathize with the mean voice in your head that tells you how much you suck, but it kind of bogged down the pace of the story. Any development was sort of unbelievable because the MC didn't really make any progress himself. And I didn't really feel it. He just never go
LostinBooks
May 17, 2015 LostinBooks rated it liked it
I'll admit that up until about 75% of the book, I kept wanting to stop reading. Tom is an annoying, irritating, whiney character. It got old real quick. Sean wasn't much better but I could stand him. I kept expecting the typical "misunderstanding" leading to Tom's "awakening and realization" of true love. So, I was pleasantly surprised when the author went a slightly different direction. I kept with the book and it finally ended someone resolved.

I really wanted to like this book but I just neve
Kevin
Jun 07, 2015 Kevin rated it really liked it
This was emotionally draining. Tom the human broke up,with his husband, and for he rest of the book he was a mess. He hurt Sean the wolf shifter at every turn, it seemed as if there would be no happily ever after for either of them. Tom continually sabotages every chance he and Sean have to be together.
I knew these characters from book 3 (fox shifter) and Sean seemed much less confident here. Maybe his mate made him stronger.
There was lots of action, and Tom spends an awful lot of time getting h
Lila Hunter
3.5 out of 5

I liked this story, but it was difficult to read. There are some errors at the beginning of the book and the characters felt a little out of place. I like Sean and even Lowell, but I think Tom moved from a strong character to a stereotype too quickly.

Plus I wanted to know what happend with Lo at the end or if they will visit Sean's family.
  • The Convergence Theory (Blood and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Cover Me Boxed Set: The Complete Trilogy
  • Shadow Bound
  • Devil's Ridge (The Dark Earth, #1)
  • My Guardian Angelo (Special Operations, #3)
  • Into the Woods
  • Death by Dragon
  • The Altered (Lycanaeris #1)
  • Bayou Loup (Rougaroux Social Club #3)
  • Full Moon Lockdown (Moon Compound #1)
  • So Far Gone
  • Mating the Omega (Mercy Hills Pack #1)
  • Chaos Station (Chaos Station, #1)
  • Get Off My Case (Stockton Wolves, #1)
  • Run With the Moon (Valen's Pack #1)
  • Sole Survivor
  • Desert Run
  • Deep Blues Goodbye (Altered States, #1)

Shifters and Partners (10 books)
  • My Partner and Me (Shifters and Partners #2)
  • Joey and the Fox  (Shifters and Partners #3)
  • My Sahil (Shifters and Partners #4)
  • Partners in Deed (Shifters and Partners #5)
  • Some Reservations (Shifters and Partners #6)
  • Shelter (Shifters and Partners #7)
  • FOXED (Shifters and Partners #8)
  • Trey's Partner (Shifters and Partners #9)
  • Journey (Shifters and Partners Book 10)