Start by marking “Book of Mormon Study Guide, Pt. 1: 1 Nephi to Mosiah (Making Precious Things Plain, Vol. 1)” as Want to Read:
read book* *Different edition

Book of Mormon Study Guide, Pt. 1: 1 Nephi to Mosiah (Making Precious Things Plain #1)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  5 reviews
1 Nephi through Mosiah. This volume is the first of three on the Book of Mormon. It covers 1st Nephi through the Book of Mosiah. This includes the journey of Lehi and his family across the Arabian Peninsula to Bountiful. It follows them on to the promised land, where the Nephites and Lamanites separated. It contains the marvelous prophesies of Lehi, Nephi, and Jacob. We th ...more
Perfect Paperback, 2, 304 pages
Published October 15th 2011 by Plain and Precious Publishing (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Book of Mormon Study Guide, Pt. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book of Mormon Study Guide, Pt. 1

Janet K. Cook
Thorough, but not amazing

Thorough, but not amazing

This is good and is helping me and to my knowledge and understanding of the Book of Mormon, but it is not the best. I like the different sources he adds, but sometimes he gets more off-topic than I prefer. While I always read the actual scriptures before his commentary, I appreciate him quoting the reference for my remembrance, too. He also includes words of the prophets and General Conference talks to supplement and support the commentary.
Sandy T
Very helpful... lots of good quotes and explanations. My only criticism would be that he quoted too much from the Book of Mormon itself. If it is to be a study guide for the Book of Mormon, you're reading it alongside it, and his repeating it all is redundant... I would have like it better to just have the quotes & explanations. Even so, I have already started the second volume, because I got a lot out of the first one.
Sandy T
I felt much the same way about this second volume as I did the first, except this one seemed even more redundant. Some of the quotes he uses say exactly the same thing and so many are unnecessary. I also think his quoting from the Book of Mormon all the time is unnecessary because presumably you've just read it in the Book of Mormon itself. That being said, I still marked lots of good quotes got some new insights.
Polmami9
Polmami9 marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Tai Trent
Tai Trent marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Dean
Dean marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Ellis
Ellis marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Randal Chase
Apr 07, 2013 Randal Chase rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Sophie Lee
Sophie Lee is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2012
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2012
Randal Chase
Oct 06, 2014 Randal Chase rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Randal S. Chase spent his childhood years in Nephi, Utah, where his father was a dry land wheat farmer and a businessman. In 1959 their family moved to Salt Lake City and settled in the Holladay area. He served a full-time mission in the Central British (England Central) Mission from 1968 to 1970. He returned home and married Deborah Johnsen in 1971. They are the parents of six children—two daught ...more
More about Randal S. Chase...
Book of Mormon Study Guide, Pt 2, The Book of Alma (Making Precious Things Plain, Vol. 2) Book of Mormon Study Guide, Pt. 3: Helaman to Moroni (Making Precious Things Plain, Vol. 3) Old Testament Study Guide, Pt. 3: The Old Testament Prophets (Making Precious Things Plain, Vol. 9) La Historia de La Navidad: Maria, Jose, y El Nino Jesus Desde Una Perspectiva Personal Church History Study Guide, Pt. 3: Latter-Day Prophets Since 1844 (Making Precious Things Plain, Vol. 6)