Start by marking “Book of Mormon Study Guide, Pt. 1: 1 Nephi to Mosiah (Making Precious Things Plain, Vol. 1)” as Want to Read:

Read Book* *Different edition

Book of Mormon Study Guide, Pt. 1: 1 Nephi to Mosiah (Making Precious Things Plain #1)

1 Nephi through Mosiah. This volume is the first of three on the Book of Mormon. It covers 1st Nephi through the Book of Mosiah. This includes the journey of Lehi and his family across the Arabian Peninsula to Bountiful. It follows them on to the promised land, where the Nephites and Lamanites separated. It contains the marvelous prophesies of Lehi, Nephi, and Jacob. We th ...more
Perfect Paperback, 2, 304 pages
Published October 15th 2011 by Plain and Precious Publishing (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Book of Mormon Study Guide, Pt. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book of Mormon Study Guide, Pt. 1

Janet K. Cook
Mar 16, 2014 Janet K. Cook rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thorough, but not amazing

Thorough, but not amazing

This is good and is helping me and to my knowledge and understanding of the Book of Mormon, but it is not the best. I like the different sources he adds, but sometimes he gets more off-topic than I prefer. While I always read the actual scriptures before his commentary, I appreciate him quoting the reference for my remembrance, too. He also includes words of the prophets and General Conference talks to supplement and support the commentary.
Sandy T
Mar 20, 2008 Sandy T rated it really liked it
Very helpful... lots of good quotes and explanations. My only criticism would be that he quoted too much from the Book of Mormon itself. If it is to be a study guide for the Book of Mormon, you're reading it alongside it, and his repeating it all is redundant... I would have like it better to just have the quotes & explanations. Even so, I have already started the second volume, because I got a lot out of the first one.
Sandy T
I felt much the same way about this second volume as I did the first, except this one seemed even more redundant. Some of the quotes he uses say exactly the same thing and so many are unnecessary. I also think his quoting from the Book of Mormon all the time is unnecessary because presumably you've just read it in the Book of Mormon itself. That being said, I still marked lots of good quotes got some new insights.
Patti
Jan 09, 2016 Patti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book along with the Book of Mormon. I wish there was more commentary on what things meant or quotes from general authorities and less direct quotes from the Book of Mormon.
Randal Chase
Nov 06, 2011 Randal Chase rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Harris
Lisa Harris rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2015
Scott Keele
Scott Keele rated it really liked it
May 11, 2011
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Heidilynn24
Heidilynn24 rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2014
Randal Chase
Apr 07, 2013 Randal Chase rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sophie Lee
Sophie Lee rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2012
Suz
Suz rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2012
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Lisa Dodds
Lisa Dodds rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2012
Ellis
Ellis marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Dean
Dean marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Tai Trent
Tai Trent marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Polmami9
Polmami9 marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Mickysud
Mickysud marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Beatrice
Beatrice marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Shauna
Shauna added it
Jun 20, 2016
carolyn h heaton
carolyn h heaton marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Orlando Perez
Orlando Perez marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Mary AR
Mary AR marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2016
Randal S. Chase spent his childhood years in Nephi, Utah, where his father was a dry land wheat farmer and a businessman. In 1959 their family moved to Salt Lake City and settled in the Holladay area. He served a full-time mission in the Central British (England Central) Mission from 1968 to 1970. He returned home and married Deborah Johnsen in 1971. They are the parents of six children—two daught ...more
More about Randal S. Chase...