Start by marking “Every Boy's Got One (Boy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Every Boy's Got One (Boy, #3)

Every Boy's Got One (Boy #3)

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  20,984 Ratings  ·  871 Reviews
Cartoonist Jane Harris is delighted by the prospect of her first-ever trip to Europe. But it's hate at first sight for Jane and Cal Langdon, and neither is too happy at the prospect of sharing a villa with one another for a week--not even in the beautiful and picturesque Marches countryside. But when Holly and Mark's wedding plans hit a major snag that only Jane and Cal ...more
Published 2005 by Pan Macmillian (first published December 21st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Every Boy's Got One, please sign up.

Daphne It's okay to read this book without reading the second one, but you won't get as much out of it. (You won't understand the character references,…moreIt's okay to read this book without reading the second one, but you won't get as much out of it. (You won't understand the character references, jokes, etc). Also, the ending of Boy Meets Girl will be spoiled for you. But, if that doesn't matter to you, then it's perfectly fine to read it before the second :)(less)
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBet Me by Jennifer CrusieWallbanger by Alice ClaytonMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
66th out of 2,449 books — 5,534 voters
Shadowland by Meg CabotThe Princess Diaries by Meg CabotTwilight by Meg CabotAvalon High by Meg CabotAll-American Girl by Meg Cabot
Best Meg Cabot Books
31st out of 64 books — 792 voters

More lists with this book...

Betsy
Aug 29, 2007 Betsy rated it it was ok
This is the kind of book that makes me want to write one of my own -- not because it's so great, but because I think I could do so much better.
Mar 09, 2008 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, 2008
I became fond of Meg Cabot after reading the first volume of "The Princess Diaries." I liked the second volume, too. Even the third. (After that, they got iffy.) I liked her novel "The Boy Next Door," which I actually downloaded as PDFs from her website long before it saw print. So when I saw this book on the shelf at the library, I picked it up, thinking it would be a quick, entertaining read.

Well, it was quick, anyway. To be fair, it was entertaining too, and I might have liked it more if I h
Nadia  Islam Nitol
ATTENTION Ms. Cabot!!!

Talking foul about Bangladeshi garments (even if it was to prove Holly's stupidity) is so not done. If you had to use this particular example to show Holly's 'i-don't-live-in-this-world-with-normal-people' then you should've at least clarify the matter in the end or somewhere along the book because I wonder how many readers got baffled by this particular information and will now pass their life without knowing any better.

FYI: Bangladesh has THE BEST garment industry in the
Eva • All Books Considered
3.5 STARS
Raeleen Lemay
May 12, 2015 Raeleen Lemay rated it liked it
1. why is it called every boys got one?
2. Why does janes dad get hurt so much??
Shannon
Nov 05, 2015 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I liked to read this book but sometimes I got annoyed with all her rants about Cal. I think that the first book in the series was the best but that's just my opinion and I still liked reading the third book.
Colleen
May 02, 2008 Colleen rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: yes
I enjoyed the writing style. Cute fast read.
Therese Regina Marie
Jun 18, 2009 Therese Regina Marie rated it it was amazing
The Author of "Princess Diaries" brings you this comical tale of love- it's kind of like "Pride and Prejudice" meets "Bridget Jones' Diary".

Our story begins at the Airport where a cheery comic book artist, Jane H. meets a misanthropic book author, Cal L. Both of them assist, or at least one of them at the beginning, was quite excited to assist their best friends to elope in Italy (Mark and Holly).

As the story progresses sparks fly between Jane and Cal. They both have opposing views about love an
Deyse
The more I think about this book, the less I like it, sure while I was reading I was able to keep going and brush off most of the annoying things but now that I finished I don't seem to find good things to say about it.

I hated both characters that form the main couple. Jane came of quite bipolar with the whole hate-love Europe thing, she also decides to hate every woman Cal talks/know/hook ups right from the start and she never seem to see the mistake in her ways. Cal was annoying and his chara
Kathy
Feb 02, 2009 Kathy rated it liked it
This was an experiment, that didn't go all that badly. Normally I avoid this genre like the plague, not because I don't think I might like it, but because they tend to be horribly trashy. But this one was written by the same author who wrote the Princess Diaries, so I decided to try it.
It was a funny little light romance. Just the type of light fluff I have been looking for lately. The biggest problem I had is that these books are such quick reads. It takes four of them to equal one big Science
Princess
Aug 27, 2009 Princess rated it liked it
So, I loved Boy Meets Girl and I really liked the Next Door. This one? Meh. It's okay. It was a nice, fast, entertaining read but it's almost like Meg Cabot got a bit lazy. I loved the emails/memos format of the other books, but this one involved a travel journal and it just wasn't as believable. Jane Harris is evidently transcribing conversations as she has them? Who does that? And who would want a relationship with someone who does that? I did like the "Little Black Book" at the end wherein ...more
Selvakumar Subramanian
Strictly for Meg Cabot and Rom-Com fans. The title is a little funny and kind of don't really have a connection to the novel except that the book is part of the Boy trilogy by Meg Cabot. It was almost like reading any of the other 2 novels except that this too was totally fun. Only downside being you get tired after a while. For instance, despite liking it very much I was a little exhausted by the half-way mark and had it lay it off for a couple of days and then kind of rushed through the ...more
Punk
Oct 16, 2008 Punk rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
Chicklit. Like The Boy Next Door, this is another one of Cabot's books that's written entirely on, like, bus tickets and sandwich wrappers. This one uses emails and journal entries to tell the story of Jane Harris as she accompanies her best friend, her best friend's fiance, and the fiance's best friend to Italy so that the happy couple can elope.

I didn't like this book at all. Instead of being fluffy and fun, it's boring and painfully shallow. All the characters are flat. There's no spark betw
Madeleine
Jan 18, 2016 Madeleine rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
Wow, this was bad. Really bad. I quite enjoyed the first two books in the series, they were funny and easy to read. This however, wow. I can't remember the last time a protagonist annoyed me this much. Jane is a stereotypical "stupid American" abroad, who seems to think the world revolves around her and that anyone who doesn't see how amazing she is, is stupid. However, as annoying as Jane's ignorance and insults of random countries are, I also found the diary entries of her love interest Cal ...more
cloudyskye
Jan 10, 2015 cloudyskye rated it really liked it
The third in the "Boy" series - as a novice to Meg Cabot's books, I liked this one, too. Her heroines are very similar but likeable, so I don't mind. A few thoughts and wonderings: We are in Italy this time, and there is an ancient German housekeeper with a (great?)grandson whose presence is never properly explained. I'm also still in the dark about the title. Every boy's got one ... what? Or had I better not ask?? ;) ... And: To those familiar with Laura Levine's "Jaine Austen" mystery series ...more
Nadja A.
Eine meiner Lieblingschicklit (auch noch nach dem 2. Mal lesen :D) Mir gefällt einfach spezielle Schreibstil (Hier ein Mix von SMS, Mails und Tagebucheinträgen)! Dadurch lernen wir neben den Hauptcharaktere auch ihre Familien bzw. der der Brautpaares kennen. Und diese coolen Katzenbilder. Toll!

Catherine
Oct 17, 2016 Catherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one the best I think. I also think it was easier to read because it was more journaling than emails.
I also think it's cool Cabot based this off her own wedding.
Resident Optimist
Jun 03, 2016 Resident Optimist rated it did not like it
I don't know if I've ever come across such a small minded protagonist in all my life. It's ridiculous and I hate her. No wonder the male lead thinks she's a klutz.

She thinks his shirt is 'gay' and that it makes him look 'gay'. Really? And then she advises his friend to tell him to take it off. Do people still say that as a derogatory phrase? Even if it does look 'gay' who the hell cares? Why should that be something negative? Wasn't there any other way to describe how he looked?

Then she says rid
Rachel Brand
Sep 15, 2009 Rachel Brand rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit, 2009, meg-cabot
I really liked the first two in the series - nothing ground-breaking but they were fun, with great secondary characters and good easy reading. Therefore, when I saw this going cheap in a second-hand shop I thought it would be the same as the first two. Unfortunately, it was a big let down. I should have thought that something was iffy since the book was almost half the size of the previous two.
The two main characters really annoyed me. Jane was shallow, ignorant of the world around her and had t
Henri Neto
Aug 11, 2016 Henri Neto rated it really liked it
Sabe qual é o melhor remédio para curar qualquer princípio de Ressaca Literária?! Isto mesmo, Meg Cabot! E, considerando que estava prestes a empacar lindamente após a minha experiência com o "novo" Harry Potter, eu precisava de artilharia pesada para isto não acontecer - o que, graças a Deus, encontrei neste terceiro volume da série "Garoto".

Mesmo sendo em inglês, por ser uma narrativa epistolar (mesclada entre emails, mensagens, recados, diários de viagem e outras coisas inimagináveis), a leit
Frida
Jan 21, 2009 Frida rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Ever since I read When lightning strikes (yes, that was the first Cabot-novel I read) I have loved Meg Cabot. She writes the kind of books I can read in less than a day if I want to. This one is not an exception.

Jane Harris is a thirty-something single woman, living a simple life, never missing an episode of ER and making her living as the drawer (and creator) of a comic. When her best friend Holly elopes to Italy to marry Mark, her long-term boyfriend, Jane comes along to be witness and maid of
Amy :o)
Jul 19, 2013 Amy :o) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, chick-lit
I was looking for a light hearted, chick lit, easy read type of book. I found it.

My girls and I have liked reading Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries and I figured I'd also give her adult books a try. I found this book on clearance at my local book store. It wasn't until I read it and started looking at reviews that I saw this was actually the third book in the series. So, I can say that it can be a stand alone book and you won't be lost if you haven't read the previous books.

That being said, this is
Jun 01, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok
No one would be able to call Cabot’s books high literature, but that doesn’t mean in any way they aren’t enjoyable. She has a great way of writing in a somewhat non-traditional manner. In some books, (Princess series) she writes as if the main character is writing in a diary. In some it’s emails, and in some it is texts. This book combines a great deal of her previous ventures. We get receipts, PDA messages, texts, emails, and journal entries…spread out from four to six or seven people.

This stor
Maria
Feb 04, 2015 Maria rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! I found myself laughing out loud so many times while reading it....Jane is sooo witty and quick!

"Every boy's got one" is one of those books that you just can't put down. Meg Cabot did a great job telling the story using journal entries, e-mail, receipts, tickets, menus, etc. And I really think that this inventive narrative made the book step above similar chick lits.

I read the whole book in one day and, at the end, I really wanted more. Actually it's a little bit
CJC
Aug 24, 2016 CJC rated it did not like it
I admit I only finished this book because I almost enjoyed disliking it.

The main character is shallow and kind of an idiot.
The Cal character is 100% against love and marriage and then he spends 8 minutes with someone and does a complete 180?

The travel diary / pda / email thing just didnt work. The girl is writing in her diary and something startles her - she takes the time to write out AAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH... but not to explain why she just screamed?

She transcribed conversations as she was having t
Duanur
Jun 28, 2011 Duanur rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cal. I really liked Cal. Ok. I really LOVED Cal.
At first he was annoying but then he became the sweetest person in the world!
I love Meg Cabot and how she never dissapoints me everytime I read one of her books. And I really liked this series' writing style. Because of it, I read faster so it does not bore me while reading it. Plus, it is very interesting to read their emails and Jane's diary. And in this one, Cal's too.

So to summarize the book without any spoilers: Jane goes to Italy for her be
Kaethe
07 Jan 2005
01 May 2016

Woman travels to Italy for the destination wedding of her best friend, doesn't get along with the fiance's best friend; wedding plans go awry; wedding goes off, everyone lives happily ever after. The whole story, like the other Boy books, is told through texts, journal entries, etc.

I'm not freaking out over this cover, it's girly, but it does convey a humorous romance, so that's fine. But. This is the story of a woman who is a popular cartoonist, the Wondercat artist. Why w
Mehrangez
Jul 05, 2015 Mehrangez rated it did not like it
Shelves: thumbs-down
I was surprised by how much I disliked this book. Couldn't finish it. The "heroine", Jane, is ridiculously ignorant and parochial, the typical "Ugly American" abroad, randomly insulting other countries (and as a Bangladeshi I took particular exception to the random insults levelled at my country's garments industry - WTF?), as well as being kind of stupid and hysterical in general. The "hero", Cal, is boring and pompous. I liked the other books in this series - liked not loved - the heroines of ...more
Iris
Jul 28, 2015 Iris rated it did not like it
Easily one of the worst protagonists I've ever had to suffer. Jane was obnoxious to the max, a literary personification of the "ignorant American" stereotype. What's even worse, those characteristics of hers were presented as ~quirks~ the reader was supposed to be charmed by. She was openly misogynistic and homophobic and I'm still rolling my eyes at some of her astoundingly idiotic comments like the instance where she said that Saudi Arabia deserve their oil reserves getting depleted because ...more
Virginia Franklyn
Aug 08, 2013 Virginia Franklyn rated it did not like it
This book was like a Big Mac. You read it and feeling like hurling afterwards. It was a cheap ripoff of Bridget Jones (which I enjoyed), with the diary entries and the antagonism towards the male lead that eventually turns to love. Which means it's an even worse ripoff of Pride and Prejudice. Let me just say that guys do not in general care what kind of shoes a girl is wearing, unless they have a shoe fetish. Also, Wondercat seems 'Cathy' lame. All said, this is a lame lame lame book. Bleck.
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Every Boy's Got One 1 16 Apr 02, 2012 05:35PM
  • Where Roses Grow Wild (Rawlings, #1)
  • Society Girls
  • A Girl's Best Friend
  • Persuading Annie
  • Bachelorette #1
  • Tap & Gown (Secret Society Girl, #4)
  • Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City (Holly's Inbox #2)
  • Once Upon A Blind Date
  • 32AA
  • The Ex Files
  • I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) (Crandell Sisters, #2)
  • Behaving Badly
  • Girls Night Out
  • Love: A User's Guide
  • The Love Trainer

More about Meg Cabot...

Boy (4 books)
  • The Boy Next Door (Boy, #1)
  • Boy Meets Girl (Boy, #2)
  • The Boy Is Back

“Though I imagine in your case, trying not to fall just made you fall harder.” 91 likes
“...it was never a good idea to date a foreigner. You can never tell when they're lying.'
'hello. Dave was BRITISH.”
36 likes