Start by marking “Every Boy's Got One (Boy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Every Boy's Got One (Boy, #3)

Every Boy's Got One (Boy #3)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  16,919 ratings  ·  725 reviews
Cartoonist Jane Harris is delighted by the prospect of her first-ever trip to Europe. But it's hate at first sight for Jane and Cal Langdon, and neither is too happy at the prospect of sharing a villa with one another for a week--not even in the beautiful and picturesque Marches countryside. But when Holly and Mark's wedding plans hit a major snag that only Jane and Cal ca...more
Published 2005 by Pan Macmillian (first published December 21st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Every Boy's Got One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Boy's Got One

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBet Me by Jennifer CrusieMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsWallbanger by Alice Clayton
Humorous Romance Books
60th out of 1,708 books — 3,832 voters
Shadowland by Meg CabotThe Princess Diaries by Meg CabotTwilight by Meg CabotAvalon High by Meg CabotAll-American Girl by Meg Cabot
Best Meg Cabot Books
32nd out of 63 books — 722 voters

More lists with this book...

Betsy
This is the kind of book that makes me want to write one of my own -- not because it's so great, but because I think I could do so much better.
I became fond of Meg Cabot after reading the first volume of "The Princess Diaries." I liked the second volume, too. Even the third. (After that, they got iffy.) I liked her novel "The Boy Next Door," which I actually downloaded as PDFs from her website long before it saw print. So when I saw this book on the shelf at the library, I picked it up, thinking it would be a quick, entertaining read.

Well, it was quick, anyway. To be fair, it was entertaining too, and I might have liked it more if I h...more
Nadia
ATTENTION Ms. Cabot!!!

Talking foul about Bangladeshi garments (even if it was to prove Holly's stupidity) is so not done. If you had to use this particular example to show Holly's 'i-don't-live-in-this-world-with-normal-people' then you should've at least clarify the matter in the end or somewhere along the book because I wonder how many readers got baffled by this particular information and will now pass their life without knowing any better.

FYI: Bangladesh has THE BEST garment industry in the...more
Colleen
May 02, 2008 Colleen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
I enjoyed the writing style. Cute fast read.
Therese Regina Marie
The Author of "Princess Diaries" brings you this comical tale of love- it's kind of like "Pride and Prejudice" meets "Bridget Jones' Diary".

Our story begins at the Airport where a cheery comic book artist, Jane H. meets a misanthropic book author, Cal L. Both of them assist, or at least one of them at the beginning, was quite excited to assist their best friends to elope in Italy (Mark and Holly).

As the story progresses sparks fly between Jane and Cal. They both have opposing views about love an...more
Renu
Full of comical diary entries, hilarious emails, and some awesome doodles Every Boy's Got One is a fun and quirky read!

Jane is an eccentric cartoonist who loves popular culture, while Cal Langdon is a reporter and bestselling author of a book on Saudi Arabia's tiring oil fields. They couldn’t be more different and when the two are invited along to Italy by their best friends (who plan on eloping) they immediately take a disliking to each other.

I've always loved the idea of a book written through...more
Kathy
This was an experiment, that didn't go all that badly. Normally I avoid this genre like the plague, not because I don't think I might like it, but because they tend to be horribly trashy. But this one was written by the same author who wrote the Princess Diaries, so I decided to try it.
It was a funny little light romance. Just the type of light fluff I have been looking for lately. The biggest problem I had is that these books are such quick reads. It takes four of them to equal one big Science...more
Princess
So, I loved Boy Meets Girl and I really liked the Next Door. This one? Meh. It's okay. It was a nice, fast, entertaining read but it's almost like Meg Cabot got a bit lazy. I loved the emails/memos format of the other books, but this one involved a travel journal and it just wasn't as believable. Jane Harris is evidently transcribing conversations as she has them? Who does that? And who would want a relationship with someone who does that? I did like the "Little Black Book" at the end wherein Ca...more
Liz
Ahhhhh... meh. Meg Cabot's female lead voice sounds just the same as ever, while the voice of the male lead sounds very... unrealistic. The two protags fall deeply in love after four days. A quick and entertaining read, and I'd read it again, but only because it's the sort of easy-to-get-through chick lit you can use as brain bleach rather than than the sort you read because a) you like it, and b) it's intelligent, fascinating, and you care about the characters.

Actually, while it was hard to bel...more
Punk
Chicklit. Like The Boy Next Door, this is another one of Cabot's books that's written entirely on, like, bus tickets and sandwich wrappers. This one uses emails and journal entries to tell the story of Jane Harris as she accompanies her best friend, her best friend's fiance, and the fiance's best friend to Italy so that the happy couple can elope.

I didn't like this book at all. Instead of being fluffy and fun, it's boring and painfully shallow. All the characters are flat. There's no spark betw...more
Raeleen Lemay
1. why is it called every boys got one?
2. Why does janes dad get hurt so much??
CJC
I admit I only finished this book because I almost enjoyed disliking it.

The main character is shallow and kind of an idiot.
The Cal character is 100% against love and marriage and then he spends 8 minutes with someone and does a complete 180?

The travel diary / pda / email thing just didnt work. The girl is writing in her diary and something startles her - she takes the time to write out AAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH... but not to explain why she just screamed?

She transcribed conversations as she was having t...more
Amy :o)
I was looking for a light hearted, chick lit, easy read type of book. I found it.

My girls and I have liked reading Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries and I figured I'd also give her adult books a try. I found this book on clearance at my local book store. It wasn't until I read it and started looking at reviews that I saw this was actually the third book in the series. So, I can say that it can be a stand alone book and you won't be lost if you haven't read the previous books.

That being said, this is...more
Frida
Ever since I read When lightning strikes (yes, that was the first Cabot-novel I read) I have loved Meg Cabot. She writes the kind of books I can read in less than a day if I want to. This one is not an exception.

Jane Harris is a thirty-something single woman, living a simple life, never missing an episode of ER and making her living as the drawer (and creator) of a comic. When her best friend Holly elopes to Italy to marry Mark, her long-term boyfriend, Jane comes along to be witness and maid of...more
No one would be able to call Cabot’s books high literature, but that doesn’t mean in any way they aren’t enjoyable. She has a great way of writing in a somewhat non-traditional manner. In some books, (Princess series) she writes as if the main character is writing in a diary. In some it’s emails, and in some it is texts. This book combines a great deal of her previous ventures. We get receipts, PDA messages, texts, emails, and journal entries…spread out from four to six or seven people.

This stor...more
Duanur
Cal. I really liked Cal. Ok. I really LOVED Cal.
At first he was annoying but then he became the sweetest person in the world!
I love Meg Cabot and how she never dissapoints me everytime I read one of her books. And I really liked this series' writing style. Because of it, I read faster so it does not bore me while reading it. Plus, it is very interesting to read their emails and Jane's diary. And in this one, Cal's too.

So to summarize the book without any spoilers: Jane goes to Italy for her be...more
Lauren
Eh. Cabot screws up with the format of this book a lot. It's supposed to be a series of e-mails and diary entries, but it's like she forgets the format. All of a sudden a diary entry reads like a regular chick lit novel. There's no way her character, a cartoonist, would go to such extremes describing scenery and writing out complete conversations, verbatim, in her diary. It's just not believable and frequently reminded me that Cabot was the one writing, not her character. It wasn't well executed...more
Myka
This was definitely not as I expected. I was surprised, apparently, since I thought that I would be bored with this book. I thoroughly admit that I'm not much of a Meg Cabot fan, although I have read a couple of her books, and my favorite would be all three books of Queen of Babble, of course. But still... As much as I think she has a good writing style, some plots of her books don't really engage me as much (e.g. Size 12 Is Not Fat and Size 14 Is Not Fat Either) even if I do enjoy them as a lig...more
Karen
I liked the other two books much better. They at least, had a little more outside involvement than getting the characters through some zany "I hate this person" situations before the romantic resolution. Don't get me wrong. This book is okay if you really like romantic comedies, but I think I was really burned out after reading all the Princess Diaries books and the first in this series.
Cécile
Encore un très bon moment entre échanges de mails, carnets de voyages, ordinateurs portables...
Je me suis marrée tout du long, à quasi toutes les pages, voire plusieurs fois par page, et j'ai franchement ri à plusieurs reprises.
Les personnages sont drôles et attachants et il n'y a pas de longueurs, bref, c'était bien. Très bien.
Le livre "remonte moral" par excellence.
Bianca

Light, fluffy,funny, predictable love story. In this age of electronic communications, it was lots of fun to see the emails fly back and forth thru the story. Also it was nice to read the story from both, his and her perspective. Nice read to unwind from the daily routine and laugh and relax.
Nel
it was a funny story can't help myself but laugh and turn each page as i read this. i'm still thinking about the possibility of falling inlove in just one week, i guess that's not true.. i'm amazed on how fast jane could write in her travel diary haha i wish i had a skill like that.
Lauren
May 06, 2008 Lauren added it
Total fluff. The boy series are so ridiculously quick to read. It's all emails and diaries and silliness. I almost have a hard time believing Meg Cabot has time to publish all these different book "series" she has, but then I remember the content and think it wouldn't be that hard.
Amanda
Don't waste your time. I really loved the Princess Diaries books growing up, so I figured I'd give another one of her books a chance. Anyway, I was bored beyond belief and read through it quickly just to get it over with.
Naomi Nair
How I enjoyed this book! It was an absolute joy to read!

It was hilarious from start to finish - I don't think I have ever laughed so much while reading a book. If you're looking for a cute/funny romance, this is the one!!
Meredith
This book is hilarious. And enjoyable-I finished the entire thing in one day. And while the style is sometimes a little farfetched (I never believed that weirdo Cal would journal in his PDA), I enjoyed reading something so different from what I'm used to. But man alive, Cal is an awful hero for a book. Ah, a man who doesn't believe in commitment or monogamy. How refreshing! End sarcasm here. And he's a jerk. He definitely redeems himself at the end, but not enough for the fairy tale ending. The...more
Maria
OK, I actually laughed out loud a few times here. Again, lovely distraction. Nothing really insightful or unpredictable. Just mindless, entertaining fluff.
Vanathy Arul
I had a Meg Cabot phase. And when I mean 'phase' I mean that I liked The Princess Diaries when I was in 9th grade, and I sorta wanted to read her other stuff so I kept reading them one after the other even though I didn't really LIKE them that much. And out of allll the stuff I read I really liked this one. I liked this one so much, I read it TWICE. That's right. TWICE. Because hells yeah, this was good.
Looking back, I think I liked it because it's right in my 'boy and girl hate each other and t...more
Sierra
One of my favorite Meg Cabot books. She is the master of adult romance.
Dipika
I'm not quite sure why I bothered to read this, even as it was obvious from the start that this would be bad, despite the fact I always set a low bar for this genre. Glutton for punishment, I suppose. I suppose it is meant to be "cute" that the entire book is made up of emails, "pda notes" (what is that? I don't remember doing this in 2004), and actual handwritten notes passed like schoolchildren. It doesn't work. You can do that for part of the book, but when characters need to actually have a...more
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Every Boy's Got One 1 11 Apr 02, 2012 05:35PM
  • Educating Caroline
  • Society Girls
  • Girls Night Out (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
  • Persuading Annie
  • Tap & Gown (Secret Society Girl, #4)
  • As Seen on TV
  • The Ex Files
  • The Dominant Blonde
  • Bachelorette #1
  • Learning Curves
  • A Question Of Love
  • I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) (Crandell Sisters, #2)

Meg Cabot was born on February 1, 1967, during the Chinese astrological year of the Fire Horse, a notoriously unlucky sign. Fortunately she grew up in Bloomington, Indiana, where few people were aware of the stigma of being a fire horse -- at least until Meg became a teenager, when she flun...more
More about Meg Cabot...
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1)

“Though I imagine in your case, trying not to fall just made you fall harder.” 90 likes
“...it was never a good idea to date a foreigner. You can never tell when they're lying.'
'hello. Dave was BRITISH.”
37 likes