Start by marking “Valentine Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7.75)” as Want to Read:
Valentine Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7.75)

Valentine Princess (The Princess Diaries #7.6)

3.66  ·  Rating Details ·  8,784 Ratings  ·  194 Reviews
Valentine Princess (A Princess Diaries Book, Vol. 7 3/4)
Published December 12th 2006 by HarperTeen (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Valentine Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valentine Princess

Jessica (priceiswong)
Sep 16, 2012 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it really liked it
Opps! I thought this one came after Princess on the Brink... Oh well. Time for book 9!
MJ
Jan 17, 2015 MJ rated it really liked it
To see full binge for books 4, 41/3, 4 1/2, and 5 click here.

This novella really captures what I liked about the early years of this series the best, the zany humor and immaturity that you see only in Mia’s freshman year. Sure, you begin to see that annoying neurosis that followed the series on from book four to Mia’s intervention in book nine, but it’s muted in this novella.

I love how Valentine’s Day is treated in this book and how the romance is handled in a fairly realistic way. That was the
Sophie
Jun 17, 2015 Sophie rated it really liked it
Is it weird that I get super excited when Lars gets a scene?

I was completely unaware of there being books in-between the Princess Diaries series, until one of my Goodreads friends, Penelope, started reading them.
I seriously can't wait for my Royal Wedding copy to arrive, this series is closely connected to my teenage years.
Myndi
Sep 22, 2014 Myndi rated it it was amazing
First of all, because I can't seem to stop myself from commenting on this book after book, what the heck is wrong with Lilly? Why is she such a jerk to everyone and why do these people still want to be around her? UGH!
That being said, other than the Lilly parts of this novella I really enjoyed it. The Grandmere stuff was too funny and the way Michael and Mia solved the Valentine's Day issue is very sweet and romantic. Nice little addition to the series.
Sara Saif
Apr 29, 2016 Sara Saif rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-like-you-a-lot
I'll admit this was pretty fun to read. The reason is quite obvious; it's short (less than a 100 pages). The previous books wouldn't have been that irritating if they were short too. It didn't feel repetitive or like it was being dragged.
Everyone had their own ideas about Valentine's day, Lily's amused me the most and I agree with her. Grandmere's predicament was hilarious. I wish The-Guy-Who-Hates-Corn-In-His-chili would get a proper introduction in the future.
Julie
Jul 26, 2009 Julie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Princess Diaries fans who've read through book 7
Recommended to Julie by: read the other PD books
I laughed... and laughed... and laughed at this book. It was seriously entertaining reading a book that is basically a flashback, when you know how different things are in the series when the book actually was published. The book is listed as 4 and 1/2 in the book list, which is where it falls chronologically, but I think it's MUCH more entertaining reading it at 7 and 3/4 (which is when it was published) because of all the stuff that is so much funnier because you know what is going to happen. ...more
hpboy13
Sep 24, 2011 hpboy13 rated it really liked it
Absolutely hilarious, and a sheer joy to read!

ETA 10 years later: Valentine Princess is a very quick read, and even feels a tad rushed. In particular, there was a very promising storyline with Grandmere and an astrologist that could have been fodder for a lot more hilarity. I bear an enormous disdain for Valentine’s Day, so I really appreciated that plenty of characters shared my views. It was an excellent touch to show Mia choosing to support her friends on Valentine’s Day instead of romance.
Sharon L.
Feb 15, 2017 Sharon L. rated it liked it
nice
Sophia
Nov 10, 2016 Sophia rated it liked it
This book was different than any other Princess Diaries book due to the fact that it was a diary entry that 14 year old Mia wrote and 16 year old Mia was reading. The first and last chapter was about (16 year old) Mia's thoughts about her first Valentine's Day with Michael. The in-between chapters was the story of that day. It was just like reading the old (and more annoying) Mia. I liked how well Meg Cabot can write as a fourteen year old and as a sixteen year old in the same book. The main sto ...more
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
Short Review for a Short Book

Okay so i have read the whole series so i know the whole Boris and Lily thing doesn't really work out, but damn girl, she is not nice in this book at all. I mean if a boy was trying to buy me a good Vday gift, i wouldn't act as bitchy as Lily did.

This book does help me remember why i hate Vday, Mia is stressing out so badly about finding a gift for him and thinking about what he could be getting her and wondering if he even likes Vday!? Too much pressure.
Satya Nagisetty
Nov 24, 2016 Satya Nagisetty rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly refreshing and easy read. Devoured it in one sitting! Meg Cabot's works are one of the best!!!!!!!
Mia is a lot more logical in this book than she is in other sequels.................. or I felt so..............
LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Found it when I was desperately in need of some Meg Cabot.
Amber Kestner
Dec 21, 2014 Amber Kestner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, princesses
This book is a sweet romantic book for Valentine's Day with Mia & Michael. Lily is some what out of hand with Boris on his gift, he did do his best. I did like this book and recommend such a wonderful short book. I am a big Princess Diaries fan and this just became even more fun to read.
Neri.
Dec 30, 2015 Neri. rated it it was ok
2.5. The same as with 'Sweet 16 Princess'. It was a fun story but also felt like a chapter ripped off another book in the series.
Krista
Jun 16, 2015 Krista rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 2015, library
The library binding says that this is 4.25 so I decided to read it before book 7 just because. I liked this one, it was short, to the point and funny.
4/5
Elena R.
Nov 04, 2016 Elena R. rated it really liked it
I thought it was really good! But I didn't realize that it was apart of a series... so I recommend you read the rest before then. I knew who the people were because I watched the movies. (They are amazing) The books are just as good. So read them!!!
Mia
Jun 11, 2017 Mia rated it it was amazing
It was really short i finished it in probably 4 hours at the most probably less its still good
Bella
Nov 23, 2016 Bella rated it it was amazing
Schade, dass die Geschichten so kurz sind!
Cathy
Mar 21, 2017 Cathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was kind of fun to "look back" in this novella. Nothing too big or exciting occurs.
Jessica
Mar 14, 2017 Jessica rated it really liked it
Ale96_CalS Paola
Brandi Streeval
May 02, 2011 Brandi Streeval rated it it was amazing
i got this book from the library because it is the only book in the series that i do not have, this book is 4 1/4, it is Mia's and her boyfriends first valentines together, Mia is very happy that she has someone to spend valentines day with, and than she finds out that her boyfriend really does not like valentines day at all he says because the card and candy companies and floral stores just want money from people on that day and he said there should not be just 1 day you express your love you s ...more
Nicole Lindsey
Sep 03, 2012 Nicole Lindsey rated it did not like it
Shelves: english-420
Shalin
Apr 10, 2013 Shalin rated it it was amazing
I love it!

I find Mia's thinking, reactions... Funny. What's more hilarious is her grandmere and Dr. Steve. That was definitely a good one! Though, I think it would be funnier had Mia's grandmere accepted Dr. Steve's "love". Also, I like how Michael and Lily describes Valentine's Day. It's unique, and true.

Michael is definitely the best! Well, other than Mia herself. I like how he's always not turning out as what Mia had expected of him. Instead, he knows when to give her space and when to be sw
Erin
Jul 08, 2011 Erin rated it liked it
This was probably the perfect Cabot book to soothe the pain from Abandon. It was cute, funny, and MOST IMPORTANTLY: short. Once I got into the rhythym of the book, I had less than a hundred pages left. Mia was more likeable than usual, because she was still just as silly and overly-earnest as always, but much less idiotic. My favorite quote was:

"Opt out? Opt out of Cupids holding Be Mine banners and "I Choo-choo-choose You" train engine Valentines and heart-shaped boxes of chocolate with gooey u
Christine Marie
Sep 24, 2011 Christine Marie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance, Love, YA, and overall book lovers
Recommended to Christine by: Disney
This review will be very short considering it's a quarter volume of a book.

This book was one of the better mini stories, I think largely because I can connect very personally to a lot of her struggles with having to try and share a special Valentine's Day with someone who thinks it's a "Hallmark Holiday". That's why I decided to give it five stars, for it's personal value for me and the lessons it taught me. I truly thought that this book's plot was actually kind of original, and cute. I loved t
Angie
Mar 02, 2016 Angie rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Synopsis: "Valentine's Day means flowers, chocolates, and all-out romance.

That is, it usually means those things. But when you're Princess Mia, nothing happens the way it's supposed to. For one thing, Grandmère seems determined to prove that boy (or Michael, as he is commonly known) isn't the right one for the crown princess of Genovia. And Mia isn't having much luck proving otherwise, since Michael has a history of being decidedly against any kind of exploitative commercialization (Valentine's
Alyssa Nelson
Apr 18, 2012 Alyssa Nelson rated it it was amazing
Valentine Princess is hilarious. Mia is freaking out because it's her first Valentine's Day as a couple with Michael, and she wants to do something special, but Michael isn't a fan of the "holiday," since he sees it as a way for companies to exploit money out of people. When reading the series, I opted to skip the companion books and read them later. I'm so glad I did that. It's been a couple of years since I finished the series, and having Mia back in my life is wondrous.

This was a short book,
Brenda "Brie"
Jan 09, 2012 Brenda "Brie" rated it liked it
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Valentine Princess 1 3 Oct 31, 2013 02:17PM
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • Pink Princess Rules The School (Perfectly Princess)
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Pink!
  • Achingly Alice (Alice, #10)
  • Harry Styles Annual 2013
  • Felix, Net i Nika oraz Teoretycznie Możliwa Katastrofa (Felix, Net i Nika, #2)
  • Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #1)
  • Haunted Schools
  • the Dark (The Portal Trilogy #1.5)
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Born to Be Somebody (from Never Say Never): Big Note Piano, Sheet
  • The Exiles in Love (The Exiles, #3)
  • The Time Travelers: Volume One

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)