Valentine Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7.75)

Valentine Princess (The Princess Diaries #7.6)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  6,715 ratings  ·  117 reviews
Valentine's Day means flowers, chocolates, and all-out romance.

That is, it usually means those things. But when you're Princess Mia, nothing happens the way it's supposed to. For one thing, Grandmère seems determined to prove that boy (or Michael, as he is commonly known) isn't the right one for the crown princess of Genovia. And Mia isn't having much luck proving otherwis...more
Published December 12th 2006 by HarperTeen (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Valentine Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valentine Princess

Shadowland by Meg CabotTwilight by Meg CabotThe Princess Diaries by Meg CabotAvalon High by Meg CabotAll-American Girl by Meg Cabot
Best Meg Cabot Books
51st out of 64 books — 719 voters
This Lullaby by Sarah DessenThe Sky is Everywhere by Jandy NelsonShiver by Maggie StiefvaterTwenty Boy Summer by Sarah OcklerThe Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder
Hearts on Cover
23rd out of 282 books — 243 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie
Jul 30, 2009 Julie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Princess Diaries fans who've read through book 7
Recommended to Julie by: read the other PD books
I laughed... and laughed... and laughed at this book. It was seriously entertaining reading a book that is basically a flashback, when you know how different things are in the series when the book actually was published. The book is listed as 4 and 1/2 in the book list, which is where it falls chronologically, but I think it's MUCH more entertaining reading it at 7 and 3/4 (which is when it was published) because of all the stuff that is so much funnier because you know what is going to happen....more
Shalin
I love it!

I find Mia's thinking, reactions... Funny. What's more hilarious is her grandmere and Dr. Steve. That was definitely a good one! Though, I think it would be funnier had Mia's grandmere accepted Dr. Steve's "love". Also, I like how Michael and Lily describes Valentine's Day. It's unique, and true.

Michael is definitely the best! Well, other than Mia herself. I like how he's always not turning out as what Mia had expected of him. Instead, he knows when to give her space and when to be sw...more
Brandi Streeval
i got this book from the library because it is the only book in the series that i do not have, this book is 4 1/4, it is Mia's and her boyfriends first valentines together, Mia is very happy that she has someone to spend valentines day with, and than she finds out that her boyfriend really does not like valentines day at all he says because the card and candy companies and floral stores just want money from people on that day and he said there should not be just 1 day you express your love you s...more
Alyssa Archambo
Valentine Princess is hilarious. Mia is freaking out because it's her first Valentine's Day as a couple with Michael, and she wants to do something special, but Michael isn't a fan of the "holiday," since he sees it as a way for companies to exploit money out of people. When reading the series, I opted to skip the companion books and read them later. I'm so glad I did that. It's been a couple of years since I finished the series, and having Mia back in my life is wondrous.

This was a short book,...more
Erin
This was probably the perfect Cabot book to soothe the pain from Abandon. It was cute, funny, and MOST IMPORTANTLY: short. Once I got into the rhythym of the book, I had less than a hundred pages left. Mia was more likeable than usual, because she was still just as silly and overly-earnest as always, but much less idiotic. My favorite quote was:

"Opt out? Opt out of Cupids holding Be Mine banners and "I Choo-choo-choose You" train engine Valentines and heart-shaped boxes of chocolate with gooey u...more
Barbara
Marie
Mar 03, 2012 Marie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance, Love, YA, and overall book lovers
Recommended to Marie by: Disney
This review will be very short considering it's a quarter volume of a book.

This book was one of the better mini stories, I think largely because I can connect very personally to a lot of her struggles with having to try and share a special Valentine's Day with someone who thinks it's a "Hallmark Holiday". That's why I decided to give it five stars, for it's personal value for me and the lessons it taught me. I truly thought that this book's plot was actually kind of original, and cute. I loved t...more
Nicole Lindsey
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Taylor Rector for TeensReadToo.com

VALENTINE PRINCESS is the 7th book in THE PRINCESS DIARIES series. This is another one of those books that you should only read if you have read the rest of the series. If you don't read them in order, they may not make a lot of sense.

Even though this book is only eighty-six pages long, a lot happens, and it is very funny and keeps up Meg Cabot's very fun and exciting writing style. If you are looking for a very fast read this is the way to go. I th...more
Ernica
Nov 29, 2011 Ernica added it
This book was shorter than the rest of the books in the series.I guess it's because this is an in-between book but i still enjoyed it very much. This is just Mia stuck with another problem about Micheal; he doesn't celebrate Valentine's day. She shouldn't have made that much of a big deal out of it since it's obvious that he loves her and I love how she still got him a present (handmade coupon book) even though he doesn't like valentine's day. He hates that fact that it's not a real holiday but...more
Kimberly
Sep 18, 2011 Kimberly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who need to read all the princess diaries
I sadly give this Princess Diaries a 3-star rating.

It's got all a girl could want in a book - a light read, a fun princess, a nice boyfriend, funny friends, and totally brilliant language (Meg Cabot could never mess THAT up, it's her writing style!). ANd I guess it deserves more like a 3.4. But, you know, that goes down to 3.

This was just like too light. And very forgettable. I read it last night and barely remember it. (no, it's not just because I read it at eleven o'clock at night!...Haha)

This...more
Christie
Okay, honestly I did not know about any of these books in-between The Princess Diaries series before I joined Goodreads. Which is really surprising considering how much I love The Princess Diaries. And you cannot believe how happy I was when I did find out about them because it meant I got new stories I never read before! Anyway this story was super cute and gave me so many Michael and Mia feels. I just love The Princess Diaries, okay?
Vera Maharani
I'm usually a little bit OCD of reading series in the exact order but yeah, I've read this series sometimes in the past so the discomfort is not too overwhelming, hehe

Such a comforting short read. Kind of reminding you to the junior high era when the problems are revolving around crushes, secret admirers, and shallow popular girls somehow ticking off my patience. Except that I'm not Princess of Genovia like Mia, and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, even in that time.

Nice to read while it last,...more
Mary
CATEGORY: MEG CABOT, ROMANCE

This is a part of the Princess Diaries series and highlights the Princess Mia's first Valentines day with her boyfriend, Michael. Mia has to figure out if/how she should celebrate the holiday given the fact that Michael doesn't believe in celebrating it. He thinks it is just a commercial trap, but Mia is worried that if they don't celebrate it will be proof their relationship is destined to fail.

I personally wasn't a fan of this book, nor Meg Cabot's style. She writes...more
Jory
Valentine Princess is this really cute little tie-in to the Princess Diaries series. I'm assuming Meg wrote the book when Mia was older, at least 16, because she goes back and finds this diary, which is the diary of her first Valentine's Day with Michael. Basically she doesn't know what her and Michael are going to end up doing for the day, and when she finds out that Michael isn't into Valentine's Day AT ALL, she freaks out (as per usual). But of course it ends in the cute way that these books...more
Teresa Gibson
This small gift book was published after the 7th book in the series, but chronologically should be read after book #4. The premise is simple (and one to which we can all relate): Lilly and Michael Moscovitz do not believe in celebrating Valentine's Day (because of the inherent commercialism, because one shouldn't be told to be romantic one day of the year). So where does that leave Boris and Mia? Mia's quest is to find some way to make her first Valentine's Day as Michael's girlfriend a special...more
Jen
Meg Cabot/Romance

Mia has a problem. A silly insignificant one compared to the intrigue her Grandma his being lured into, but Mia still fears her life will end if she doesn't get to do something special with Michael on Valentine's day.

This seems like an instant novel that Cabot created to bring in some token cash. I have heard it is not representative of her depth or abilities. I was surprised by how stereotypical her characters and dialogue were. But my peers make remind me that many teen girls...more
Sabine
Mia remembers back to her first Valentines Day with Michael.

After reading the first book in this series I went to the library and just happened to see the rest of the books (11 of them) sitting on the shelf so I loaded them into my bag and found myself diving into a week long Princess fest. And I enjoyed ever minute of it!

This whole series is a fun, light hearted read, though in these later books, it focuses more on sex (talk rather than action) than some parents might find appropriate for their...more
07KileyJ
I liked this book a lot! It was a short, fun book about Princess Mia's first Valentines day with her boyfriend who doesn't believe in Valentines Day. Mia wants to celebrate Valentines day with him. With that and much more drama, this book has a pretty great story.

I gave this book 4 stars because I enjoyed reading it. I recommend this book to anyone who likes short, sweet books! It had a short plot, but a great story!

I also like how unique these books are because they are diary entries. It is fu...more
Proactive, Effective
Well.....I have to admit I DID learn something fromt the book. I mean, I always knew it, but have never really been confronted with it-the fact that Valentine's really is about giving and not expecting anything in return.

The book's language is primitive, but..can't complain! I mean...I wasn't particularly interested in anything that took place-just read it like it was a newspaper article- until the last 3 pages. And, since the book is shorter than what I usually am used to reading, I didn't get...more
Vanishtah
so boring i dont even know how this stupid app works
Diana
I probably would have really loved this when I was 14, too bad it came out when I was 16 and I didn't get to read it until 5 years later. Now at 21 a majority of it had me rolling my eyes at how sappy high school kids make Valentine's Day (especially girls, Mia above all).
I think I might have liked it as a full story because it was pretty good but since it was barely 100 pages things couldn't really go anywhere.
Brooke
I love the Princess Diaries but I must admit I'm not really a fan of the short in between type novels. I mean it's nice that this book was a really really quick read with it being less then 100 pages but I would rather it have been included in a full novel. That being said the novel was really cute as usual and it's nice to read around Valentines Day (even if you don't have a significant other *cough*).
Unholy Unicorn
Meg Cabot has her way with bubblegums and rainbows. Overall, I think this book is adorably sweet, perky, and yeah well, short. If you love seeing some Mia-Michael action, and I recommend you this book.

Cheers to good friends/boyfriends/girlfriends who think Valentine's Day is a stupid holiday invented by the greeting card companies to take advantage of simple-minded schmos! Hahahaha! <3
Brenna Paige
Mia finds one of her old journals from freshmen year. She is excited to know that it is all about her first Valentine's Day with her boyfriend, Michael, that she loves dearly. During the time of the holiday, she is excited to spend it with Michael, but a struggle comes along that frustrates Mia a little. However, Mia doesn't let anything, or anyone stop her from being happy.
McKayla
This little look back to Mia & Micheal's first Valentine's day was cute. Mia is of course her same old obsessive self. She is upset that Michael doesn't like Valentine's day because of the commercialism of it all. If you've read the previous books you can tell where this is going. It also helps to remember what it was like to be a teenager in love for the first time.
Karen
This book took us back to Mia and Michael's first Valentine's Day. It's cleverly arranged to do that with a frame story of Mia reading one of her old diaries and remembering this Valentine's Day. Although it was short, Mia was still fun to read about, and this little pick-me-up after reading Princess on the Brink was definitely something that I needed.
Arra Abella
Feb 26, 2013 Arra Abella rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Adult (girls) & Princesses
The book is just about Mia reminiscing how she and Michael celebrated their first Valentine's Day as a couple (if they did celebrate it). The more I read the series, the more I can relate to Princess Mia. Oh and I love what she did for Michael! :)

Read more HERE
Lisa
I wasn't overly impressed with this short story. It was told more past-tense (Mia finds her diary from her first Valentine's Day with Michael), so I was trying to remember what was going on then versus now. It was okay though, just not one of the better side stories, in my opinion.
Lisa M.
previewed for young minds and decided first few OK for teens, but not my 9 year old...as this was a gift for her! :) Mom in story a bit promiscuous, gets pregnant and then married; Princess' boyfriend starts to want sex in much later versions in series, but not successful so far....
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Valentine Princess 1 3 Oct 31, 2013 02:17PM
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • The Exiles in Love (The Exiles, #3)
  • Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #1)
  • Pulpecja (Jeżycjada, #8)
  • Straydog
  • Calling the Shots (Angels Unlimited, #4)
  • Alicia (Clique Summer Collection, #3)
  • Parties & Potions (Magic in Manhattan, #4)
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • Alice in Lace (Alice, #8)
  • The Legacy: Making Wishes Come True (One Last Wish, #7)
  • I Will Always Love You (Gossip Girl, #12)
  • California Dreaming (A-List, #10)
  • Love is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)

Meg Cabot was born on February 1, 1967, during the Chinese astrological year of the Fire Horse, a notoriously unlucky sign. Fortunately she grew up in Bloomington, Indiana, where few people were aware of the stigma of being a fire horse -- at least until Meg became a teenager, when she flun...more
More about Meg Cabot...
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1)