Start by marking “Vampire Games: Boundaries” as Want to Read:
Vampire Games: Boundaries

Vampire Games: Boundaries

Dr. Stefan Wolf of Bucharest Psychiatric Institute medical staff in 1980s Romania realizes that many of his patients are political prisoners of the Ceausescu dictatorship. He desperately wants a transfer. He plans to marry a schoolteacher, Eva, in Brasov.

At a Communist Party banquet, Stefan comes to the aid of President Ceausescu during a medical emergency. His quick actio
Published September 5th 2014 by Maccool

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Games, please sign up.

Abigail Van nuys
Oct 26, 2014 Abigail Van nuys rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed "Vampire Games: Boundaries" by Mathias Kirk. The author has really done a great job of creating a very creative, believable world and the story will keep you on edge until the end!

The story is about the Wolf brothers in communist Romania and during a trip to Hungary one of the brothers is attacked by Vampires. Without giving too much away about the story this begins a thrilling story line that kept me awake! I could easily see this story made into a movie or TV mini-series!

I hig
Monica Ganz
Oct 30, 2014 Monica Ganz rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most suspenseful, chilling, seductive, and amazingly crazy books I have read in a long time. Vampire Games blends together a little bit of everything as you follow this sexy and captivating psychological story from beginning to end. The characters are unique and extremely well developed, each playing a critical role in the story. My favorite being Magda, as intense as she is I loved her sense of passion, desire, and madness. This was my very first time reading anything from ...more
Daniel Pose
Oct 29, 2014 Daniel Pose rated it it was amazing
"Vampire Games: Boundaries" by Mathias Kirk is kewl. The author sets the scene in Romania under the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. As you can imagine, everything sux! and then the sucking worsens! YAY! It is a great read. Buy it...or else.

Olafson
Dec 14, 2014 Olafson rated it it was amazing
In his 263 pages long thriller-horror epic, Kirk tells the story of Psychiatrist Dr. Stefan Wolf, who agrees to work with a troubled, beautiful woman named Magda, who pure heartedly believes herself to be a vampire.Through ongoing procedures and problems, Stefan Wolf has to face serious troubles and what comes in as even worse, are the political corruptions Wolf has to deal with (Probably more dangerous than vampires even).
The setting, a small Romanian village on the Hungarian border serves as a
Anna
Oct 31, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I am completely hooked. The author does an awesome job of using descriptive words to color the scenes that play out in the story and creating the atmosphere.This type of subject has always been one of my favorite genres of books.Vampire games is creative,well written and very captivating.The book is well developed, has great characters, and a very good ending. I found myself holding my breath as I dived in this complex world.There are so many twists and turns, which keep you ...more
Molly
Nov 10, 2014 Molly rated it it was amazing
Kept me glued to the pages until the end

I know it’s clichéd to say I couldn’t put this book down but honestly, I couldn’t. I found this world fascinating; the author’s depiction of 1980’s Romania is gritty and vivid. As I got wrapped up in the storyline and characters I found my heart beating a little faster in anticipation. With vampires, smugglers, sex, politics, psychological games, and characters questioning their ethics, this book has everything you’d want in a fast-paced action/drama. It i
Anne Walters
Nov 03, 2014 Anne Walters rated it it was amazing
This was a well written vampire story with a refreshing theme. Set in the closing days of the cold war, the theme really pushes the limits of the conventionality of the genre. The historical setting of a communist country was brilliantly recreated and I could vividly imagine all the little details as the story unfolded. Brilliant characters and an intense plot. I am glad I found this book, highly recommended.
Aubrey
Apr 10, 2015 Aubrey rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I wasn't too sure at first if I would enjoy this book or not but, I continued reading anyway. It turns out that I really did enjoy the book. There were lots of unexpected twists throughout and you never knew what was going to happen next. Overall, it was a good read! :)

**NOTE: This is a book that I won through a goodreads giveaway**
Twink
Nov 30, 2014 Twink rated it did not like it
I really wanted to be able to rate this higher than I did, but there are a few too many issues and I can’t say I enjoyed this book at all. I’ll start with what I thought were positives:
--I thought it was clever/interesting to have the main character’s last name be wolf so even though it wasn’t a vampire vs werewolf story, it still had that rivalry. I think there was a missed opportunity to take it to the next level.
--There was a decent cast of characters and the potential for extremely emotiona
Katie
Dec 18, 2014 Katie rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways-won
They really need to think about changing the cover of this book because its very misleading. This book took me a long time to read and wasn't very good honestly. I usually have to be hooked in by the first page or chapter and in this book I was never even hooked.
Emily D. Paulina
Emily D. Paulina rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Pam Mooney
Pam Mooney marked it as to-read
Daryl Moad
Daryl Moad marked it as to-read
Franny
Franny marked it as to-read
Alice Taylor
Alice Taylor marked it as to-read
Annette Chai
Annette Chai marked it as to-read
Seanna Yeager
Seanna Yeager marked it as to-read
Jen Zidak
Jen Zidak marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Kay Butz
Kay Butz marked it as to-read
Cindy Fabian
Cindy Fabian marked it as to-read
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
J
J marked it as to-read
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Ms. Reader
Ms. Reader marked it as to-read
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Siufong
Siufong marked it as to-read
Wendi Dusek
Wendi Dusek marked it as to-read
Brian Stemp
Brian Stemp marked it as to-read
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Megan Brain
Megan Brain marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
  • Something With Cigarettes
  • Lazar's Tempest (Jack Lazar Series, #7)
  • My Secret Barack: Crowning the King
  • Too Late to Run (Mara Cunningham Series, #3)
  • The Assassin and the Disciple
  • The Caregiver's Path To Compassionate Decision Making: Making Choices For Those Who Can't (Home Nursing Caring)
  • The Parts That Followed (The Parts I Remember, #2)
  • Nightfall
  • Follow Your Conscience: Make a Difference in Your Life & in the Lives of Others
  • The Adventures of Jake West
  • The Phony Farkleberry (Twisted Oak Amateur Detectives #1)
  • Surgical
  • The Venetian Pearls
  • The Self-Publishing Roadmap
  • Elephantopia
  • Dear Investor, What the HELL are You Doing?: Smart and Easy Ways to Fix the Mistakes You Make With Your Money
  • Behind the Counselor's Door: Teenagers' True Confessions, Trials, and Triumphs
  • Jodie's Shabbat Surprise