Start by marking “Magic Eye 1: A New Way of Looking at the World (Magic Eye, #1)” as Want to Read:
Magic Eye 1: A New Way of Looking at the World (Magic Eye, #1)

Magic Eye 1: A New Way of Looking at the World (Magic Eye)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  342 ratings  ·  30 reviews
 Family and friends will enjoy hours of entertainment while viewing the amazing 3D illustrations found in the #1 New York Times Bestseller, Magic Eye: A New Way of Looking at the World. Embedded within each image is an enchanting 3D object or scene that materializes before the viewer's eyes. Simple viewing instructions and a solution key are included.
Published October 1st 1993 by Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC' (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Magic Eye 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Eye 1

Ugh. Thank god this fad was short. I nearly went crosseyed and I ended up with splitting headaches every time I tried to see the pictures. So dumb.
Alvina
I'm absolutely horrible with these. FFond memories of pretending it actually worked.
Kevin
Try as I might, I never could see anything in these.
Brandi
Hated these books...could never see the pictures.
Karina
Mar 27, 2010 Karina rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: art
I was rather disappointed by this book. The 3D images were for the most part rather simplistic, not nearly as nice as the first 3D picture that I've learned to see (which was an image of a young king, dressed in medieval sort of clothes, with a cape and a sword, and a crown of course which is why I say "a king"). These are kinda cartoonish. Case in point, there's a picture of a 3-D heart. Well, it's not smooth, I can see layers/edges, like several hearts increasing in size were cut from carton a ...more
REDD
Never had a hard time seeing pictures at first glance although can it be hard for some .
jacky
I suddenly remembered these books. Now these are something that should be on an episode of VH1's I Love the 90's. I vaguely remembered the colors of the covers and when I saw them listed here, I assumed that these are them, but I could be wrong. I might have read others besides these published by other companies. I know that my father brought one home and then my 9th grade social studies teacher had a couple of them, too. These would make a great addition to my fun classroom stuff (like Waldo bo ...more
Ginnie Grant
A very fun brain teaser book for all ages.
Evan
It's in there folks, you just have to have a cock-eyed way of looking at things. People who don't are fucking bores anyway.

(Relax and go slightly cross-eyed and the thing comes into view: it's the best holographic 3-D imagery ever -- really breathtaking stuff.)

I have three of these "holusion" books. They were the hot shit around the mid-'90s; immortalized in an episode of Seinfeld when Elaine's boss becomes obsessed with trying to see the 3-D image and can't.
Lisa
My dad bought these books and even a few posters when they first came out (he just loves these types of things). I was always great at finding the hidden picture, probably because I was used to staring off into space, since I was always daydreaming. LOL

Now Ernest has recently discovered the "Magic Eye" books and loves them! We bought books I, II and III from ebay at a great price. Perfect!
Lauren
Did anyone spend hours staring at this book?!?! All of my friends did and it became really frustrating if someone couldn't see that hidden picture.

I always thought it was really cool as a kid, it really seemed like it was magic.
Job Favela
Chistoso fue que compré el libro y toda mi familia la tenía pegada tratando de ver los dichosos dibujos. Yo en mi caso habré batallado varios intentos, pero al poco tiempo ya veía las figuras. Era divertido ver la frustración de mis tios, abuelos, padres ante las fotitos. Novedoso entonces.
Christine
May 12, 2013 Christine added it
Shelves: childrens
Not nearly as much fun as the Harry Potter one I just did. The pictures were much more simplistic, sometimes just a shape or a random pattern. It was nice to practice my new found skill as I got quicker and quicker at unfocusing my eyes and popping out the picture.
Sally
These books were all the rage in grade six, but I was almost never able to see the images :( I didn't really get the knack until these packets of cheese had magic eye pictures on the backs and finally, it worked!
Jaena Rae
I loved these books when I was a kid. This was mostly because my brother had difficulty seeing the images, so I would lord it over him that I could see EVERYTHING.
Alyce Dougan
I love these books, even though I am terrible at trying to find the pictures. Children also love them and I would recommend them to any age.
Kaethe
I love these. I know it's kind of cheating to say I "read" it, but still, I'm a sucker for this sort of thing.
MK (Food actvist)
These books are totally awesome and cool. I only need a few seconds and the pictures jump off the page. Cool!
K.Q. Webster
These books are so fun! It can be hard to figure them out at first but they are worth it.
Shannon
OMG I LOVE THIS. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN GOOD AT SEEING 'EM AND I THINK THAT SHOULD COUNT AS A TALENT.
Bekkah Rae
My eyes don't like these books. Never been able to do these.
Kate
Magic Eyes are only good if you can see them!!!
Samantha
I love this book pretty pictures!
Robyn
I like the artwork in this book.
Kacey
Remember these?!! They were so cool!
Stephanie
  • The Calorie King Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter 2007
  • I Spy Mystery: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • Readers Digest North American Wildlife
  • The Pagemaster
  • Powers of Ten (Revised) (Scientific American Library Paperback)
  • Richard Scarry's The Best Mistake Ever! and Other Stories
  • Moscow Option: An Alternative Second World War
  • Balto and the Great Race
  • Never Be Lied to Again: How to Get the Truth In 5 Minutes Or Less In Any Conversation Or Situation
  • Zeely
  • The People's Almanac Presents the Book of Lists #3
  • Building Big
  • The Architect of Sleep
  • The Dracula Caper (Time Wars, #8)
  • Big Red: Three Months on Board a Trident Nuclear Submarine
  • Hypnosis for Beginners: Reach New Levels of Awareness & Achievement
  • The History Buff's Guide to the Presidents: Top Ten Rankings of the Best, Worst, Largest and Most Controversial Facets of the American Presidency

Magic Eye (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Magic Eye 2: Now You See It... (Magic Eye, #2)
  • Magic Eye 3: Visions A New Dimension in Art (Magic Eye, #3)
  • Magic Eye: 3D Hidden Treasures (Magic Eye)
  • Harry Potter Magic Eye Book: 3D Magical Creatures, Beasts and Beings
  • Beyond 3D: Improve Your Vision with Magic Eye
  • Harry Potter Magic Eye Book: 3D Magical Moments
  • Magic Eye:Amazing 3D Illusions
  • Henry's Gift: The Magic Eye
  • Garfield's Magic Eye
  • Magic Eye Gallery: A Showing of 88 Images
Magic Eye 2: Now You See It... (Magic Eye, #2) Magic Eye 3: Visions A New Dimension in Art (Magic Eye, #3) Disney's Magic Eye Magic Eye: 3D Hidden Treasures (Magic Eye) Magic Eye Gallery: A Showing of 88 Images