Start by marking “Twisted Boss” as Want to Read:
Twisted Boss

Twisted Boss

My name is James and if you met me out on the street or in a business meeting you would think that I was just another very successful, white collar business man.

I am not. There is a dark recess in the depths of my soul which cannot be witnessed with the casual eye. It is a receding alcove which can only be seen by those who discover it, or by those whom I choose to reveal
Published April 16th 2014 by Suzanne Steele

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Boss

Candace
Just couldn't get into this book. No character development or build-up. The blurb was promising, but didn't deliver for me. I don't mind the dark elements, but I like to feel some sort of connection to the characters and that didn't happen. Oh well, to each their own. This one just wasn't for me.
Maya
I have to say I'm so confused by what I read. This whole writing style just didn't make any sense and the weirdest past was the 'epilogue', if you can even call it that.

I love OTT, possessive men, but this one was almost a bit too much for me. Also I didn't like the h, at times she came over as a whiny brat that wanted attention. It's all a huge mess.

This story just wasn't for me, maybe it's for someone else.

Safety-gang: (view spoiler)
Donna Garcia
Jun 17, 2014 Donna Garcia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A waste of my monthly rental

this book is very hard to understand. hops from one place to another. I don't even think the author knew what she was writing about. disappointed.
Erin
Jun 19, 2014 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish there was more, ended to quick for me :(
D.K. Cassidy
Aug 31, 2016 D.K. Cassidy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
James, James, James.

This is one of the most interesting Alphas that I believe that I have ever experienced. Even with all of his bad boy qualities he has a way of growing on the reader. I don’t think that I have ever seen a man so obsessed with a woman before. This is not a love story but it is a dark tale of obsession. James starts out wanting revenge and never counts on the chemistry that he shares with Amanda. He is much like a tsunami that comes into Amanda’s life and literally overwhelms he
Jennifer Hajdics
Sep 18, 2014 Jennifer Hajdics rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh.

Wow. First of all, this book had no plot, weak characters and the author cares nothing about spelling and grammar. At all! Also, no abbreviations or commas when her characters were talking (I should clarify: babbling incessantly) so it felt like I was reading from a textbook. What a waste of time.
Melissa Barnett
Oct 12, 2014 Melissa Barnett rated it did not like it
This book was one of the worst books I have EVER read. I can't remember the woman's name in this book, but if she had the balls to embezzlement money then she should have had the balls to stand up to James. The author was all over the page with this book.

The author had a great idea with this story line but couldn't pull it off. All I can say was this was really bad writing!
Menna
Aug 18, 2014 Menna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ummmm....well,it WAS twisted and was just Ok!
Diana's
Jul 23, 2014 Diana's rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the first half of the book.. which was Twisted.. the second half Boss was Okay..
Jazzy
Hmmmph...Twisted was OK in that it was short, readable and free through the kindle Prime lending library. I was curious to see where it was going even though I wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

Amanda is threatened by James into a sexual relationship; the specifics behind the threat being confusing at best and having something to do with James ordering Amanda to sign an agreement giving him 51% of her business because he was a silent partner to her currently dead partner with whom he had a ve
Jul 13, 2015 Sarah rated it it was ok
James is the definition of cocksure businessman. He is a ruthless shark and well known as such. Amanda dresses like a sexy businesswoman, but really she is a hustler and her latest hustle has unknowingly hustled a great deal of money from James. Amanda thinks she is stealing an idea from a dead man and running with it – she doesn’t know that James already owns 51% of that idea on a handshake and has no intention of walking away either from the money or from the punishment he believes she ...more
Penelope Syn
May 10, 2014 Penelope Syn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book because it is two books together, 'Twisted' and 'Boss.'
Twisted is a Dark Romance and Boss is a Dark Erotic Tale. Both of them great books, but Boss is a darker version with elements of BDSM. They were two completely different stories.
It was kind of like getting Amanda's view in Twisted and James's view in Boss.
If you are fan of dark romance, or dark erotica then you will enjoy this story of James and Amanda. When Amanda tries to swindle her boss out of money she finds hersel
Christon
Jun 19, 2014 Christon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went through a point of confusion while reading this book. But overall, I just came to the conclusion that it wasn't me who was confused but obviously James and Amanda. In Twisted, we get Amanda's version of what transpired between she and James. In Boss, we get James's version of events. Their stories differ so much, I'm not sure either of them know the truth of what really happened between them, besides the extremely hot and intense sex they shared. These two shared some outrageous moments, ...more
Eva Luna
Jun 16, 2014 Eva Luna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Amazon! That was the only way that I found this!

Amanda lands in that situation when she steals from her boss, James, and I got pulled into the most twisted relationship I've ever read ..... Well their story is Dom/Sub 'essentially', but they both felt in love, although none of them want to admit it loudly. This was so intense... OMG, forget Christian Grey, and please welcome James. I don’t think that I have ever seen a man so obsessed with a woman before. This is not a love story but it is
Bridgitte Lesley
This book kept my attention as I read about a man who will stop at nothing to repay a woman who has stolen from him.
James counted on revenge but he didn’t count on any emotional ties. He is a ruthless individual who has no time for emotional ties; until Amanda crosses his path with her scams.
Amanda is a ruthless business woman who will as James words it “Steal the pennies off of a dead man’s eyes.” She has been working in a man’s world and she knows all the tricks of the trade.
This is a riveting
Belinda
Jan 16, 2015 Belinda rated it liked it
This book had a decent story line though the back and forth and indecisiveness was infuriating. One minute love is mentioned then its hate and its like its never been mentioned. The ending left me wanting for much more. I was disappointed.

My biggest thing though, the editing. Missing words, bad tense. Using She, Him, His, Her, etc when speaking about themselves. This book could use a definite re-editing again and by someone who has decent skills to catch all of the errors. Most of them made my e
Hunter Jones
May 31, 2014 Hunter Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark
One Twisted Mister!
Twisted Boss is the story of a man who on the outside appears to be nothing more than a very successful and very good looking business man. But as the old adage states, "Still waters run deep." When Amanda crosses him in a business deal she gets much more than she bargained for. Jame's revenge quickly turns to obsession and these two ignite a passion in one another that neither could have ever foreseen. James and Amanda are in a class by themselves when it comes to dark love.
Nina
Twisted!! Dark!! Obsessed!! Stalker!! Gotta love it!!

sexy, confident, greedy alpha woman meet sexy, controlling, twisted male. Amanda was trying to steal from James. James use that to blackmail her into a sexual relationship. As Amanda fight James we find out just how obsessed, controlling, jealous and twisted James can be.
This was a dark, twisted romance of love/ obsession if you like dark romance I recommend taking the ride with James and Amanda .
Gale Stanley
Sep 02, 2016 Gale Stanley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Amanda tries to steal from James, she gets more than she bargained for. Paying for her crime means she's under his control now. James, himself, freely admits that he is dark and twisted, so Amanda is in for one hell of a ride. This is not a sweet romance. It's full of revenge and primal passion. If you like your alpha males to be dangerous and obsessive men, who will go to any lengths to get the woman they want, then you will love Twisted Boss.

Muhammad N.
Jun 12, 2014 Muhammad N. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an Amazing Story. I totally love it. I admire the author dedication for writing an incredible story. This story grabs my attention from the very start of the book and couldn't put it aside till I finish it. It was a wonderful read. From me, I will definitely rate this book and the author's hard efforts a 5-STAR. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Emmie
Oct 28, 2014 Emmie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the twisted part, but the addition of Boss was so much better. It gave a better insight into both the characters.

I am turning into a huge Suzanne Steele fan. Her story lines are not the norm, but she writes them in a way that pulls you into the story and makes you like the characters even when they should not be likeable!

Ms Steele, you rock!
Jessica
Dec 14, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
James is the most dominate man I have ever read about. James says what he means, and means what he says. I find myself to be just as twisted as this book. I do admit I absolutely enjoyed every moment. My only complaint, I wasn't to fond of the ending. I would have liked to see what happened and how the relationship progressed.
Debra
Apr 27, 2014 Debra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book..kinky Alpha who take what he wants and he wants her.Blackmailed into giving him sex she's thinking it's a one time deal but soon realizes he taking control over her life. Another short read but good. I would like to have a longer story about her Alpha's and the woman who eventually falls for them..
Randi
Jul 07, 2014 Randi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Twisted is definitely correct. James is 100% alpha and used to getting what he wants. He has set his site on Amanda and there is no stopping him. He will take her however he needs to, meaning whether blackmail or bankruptcy. Twisted, evil and erotic.
Noemi Rivera
Dec 01, 2015 Noemi Rivera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OTT James

Wow what can I say about this book?
Well I've been going back and reviewing books that I've read because authors deserve to hear when they have done a fabulous job writing and immersing us in the world they write about.
This story sucked me in right away. I know that James and Amanda's relationship was crazy and to be honest dysfunctional but it worked for them...and like I've said before to each his own in their relationships.
James was so crazy I just loved him and hated him all at sa
Catherine
Jul 19, 2016 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A realistic Dom!

Twisted Boss is a realistic look at a realistic Dom, he just happens to be a little on the crazy side. When Amanda steals from James it opens the door to him blackmailing her. It becomes a game of keeping her under his control and the two of them soon find out that there is a sexual chemistry that neither of them could have ever suspected.
This book focuses more on their scenes, than it does on their character development. I have a hunch that the author will delve into their char
The Good Fairy Nicci
It's one thing to have an enemy but when it's your boss, you can't really escape. Amanda lands in that situation when she steals from James, and I got pulled into the most twisted relationship I've ever read in a novel. I don't normally read erotica, but I decided to give this author's books a try for my start.
Glad I did. I couldn't have chosen a better novel to break my erotica reading cherry LOL

You can tell as the book progresses that neither party expected to become connected to the other, bu
Jan Raymond
Jul 10, 2014 Jan Raymond rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like the fact that this book was told in dual points of view, though I will admit that style of writing isn't for everyone. Read the sample to see what I'm saying. Many times these dark romance books are told from just the woman's point of view, this one is not. Being able to see inside of James's head was very twisted, yet very intriguing. James strikes me as being a real Dom and not the cut-out that society has pushed on us. I enjoyed the book and I enjoyed James. I would love to see more ...more
Anthony Hulse
Jun 06, 2014 Anthony Hulse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blackmailed

This is a great example of what can happen when you cross a powerful man. Amanda is a cutthroat business woman who has worked in a man’s world long enough to know that following the rules won’t get you ahead in business. She makes the mistake of crossing a man who is even more cutthroat in business than she is and it becomes a game of revenge being served over and over. James isn’t satisfied with one time of blackmailing Amanda after he becomes obsessed with having to have her; even i
  • Forever & Always (Always & Forever, #2)
  • The Taking of Clara (Taken By The Boss, #1)
  • Forced Submission
  • Consumed (Keeping her in the Dark, #2)
  • Urban Love Prophecy
  • Forbidden Passion (Bend to My Will, #1)
  • Checkmate With Bishop (Hellion MC #5)
  • Devotion
  • Not Her Type (Opposites Attract, #2)
  • SNAP (The SNAP Trilogy #1)
  • Concealment (The Cassano Series, Book 1)
  • Save Riley
  • His Every Touch: The Complete Series (His Every Touch, #1-4)
  • Tryst
  • Spin It Again (Devilish Games, #2)
  • The Starkest Truth (Breaking Insanity #2)
  • Scandalous (Tease, #2.5)
  • A Rose to the Fallen
•••GOODREADS LIBRARIANS - please contact me before making any changes or additions to my novels, thank you. -Suzanne Steele
To keep up with all things Suzanne Steele you can find her on Facebook and her wordpress blog.
Suzanne Steele is a television host for a TV program in her local Charlotte NC area. She focuses on volunteer work and is very heavily involved in giving back to her local community.
More about Suzanne Steele...