Start by marking “Two Dudes, One Pan: Maximum Flavor from a Minimalist Kitchen” as Want to Read:
Two Dudes, One Pan: Maximum Flavor from a Minimalist Kitchen

Two Dudes, One Pan: Maximum Flavor from a Minimalist Kitchen

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  92 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Just one pan? No problem! You’ll need only a single skillet, or a roasting pan, or a Dutch oven to make any of the 100 knockout recipes that have made this team the hottest culinary duo west of the Rockies.

Today their catering business and restaurant are the toast of Los Angeles, but Jon and Vinny still remember what it was like to cook with a minimum of space, time, and
Published August 26th 2008 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about Two Dudes, One Pan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Dudes, One Pan

Michael
Jul 30, 2014 Michael rated it really liked it
Shelves: food
Decent little cookbook for someone who has a small kitchen / hates cleaning dishes. I most enjoyed reading their dialogues leading into each recipe... Picked up a lot of good kitchen / shopping tricks from them.

I've only made a single recipe from this book, which was good, but far too salty. I'd wager it needed less than half the salt they put in, and I love me some salt... Had me a bit worried about other recipes.

Kind of neat that they split the book into pot or pan type rather than protein or
Cat
Dec 21, 2008 Cat rated it liked it
If you like reading little stories that go along with each recipe, you'll like this cookbook. Some recipes use more expensive ingredients so it's definitely not a book for a person just learning how to cook or someone living on a tight budget. The one pan concept is great though and there is an explanation of how to purchase your cookware and which pieces can be on the cheaper side but still effective. Also, the entire book is in color photographs so you can see what the dish looks like.
James
Apr 06, 2015 James rated it really liked it
First, let me say that a cookbook title that alludes to Two Girls, One Cup is pure evil genius. Fruit of the Devil .
In my thirties, I worked as a line cook. I had ambitions at the time to open a restaurant with my sister. I thought I was following a personal passion (it was the 90s - people loved that word then), but it turns out I was just on the leading edge of the foodie fad. I didn't have the talent, the capacity for hard work, and, most particularly, the single-minded devotion (to make it
Phloe
Jun 17, 2012 Phloe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking-shit
Yes, this is a cookbook for folks to use one pan - if one is already familiar with the type of cooking these two guys do. Quite understandably elicits a different reaction from anyone who's used to Paula Deen, or what the Kraft.com website tells you can easily make a meal in minutes.

Lovely book. Really great for folks who don't want to necessarily deal with the headache of reservations at Animal or Son of Gun in Los Angeles.
Cyndi
Mar 11, 2010 Cyndi rated it it was amazing
One of the best cookbooks I have ever bought. Everything I have made out of it has been spectacular. I'm not sure what other people are talking about when they say the ingredients are hard to find or the recipes are too complicated. Most of the ingredients I have on hand or I can obtain at Whole Foods and I haven't found any recipe hard to make.
Scottsdale Public Library
This cookbook is such a fun companion in the kitchen, complete with menus, conversations between the two eponymous dudes, and one-pan recipes. Recipes and menus are simple yet interesting, and feature a lovely combination of ingredients. A must-read for chefs looking for some inspiration in the kitchen.

-- Meagan
Christiana
Sep 07, 2011 Christiana rated it it was ok
Shelves: cook-books
This is too high level for a fool in the kitchen like myself. When I see "one pan" I think "easy". However, when there are (lots of) ingredients I have to look up just to know what they are, I have to just say no to this cook book.
Vicky
Jul 30, 2009 Vicky rated it it was amazing
I liked this cookbook and will be looking at it again. Great ideas for really interesting food with minimal clean up.
Danee
Nov 03, 2010 Danee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cook-books
Awesome cook book!! It wasn't overly complicated and it added new flavors to my kitchen :] my husband is happy I found this one.
Shannon
Oct 20, 2008 Shannon rated it liked it
Unusual recipes and excellent photographs. Most were too difficult to replicate but worth a look. Somewhat recommended.
Alexis Coe
Jan 06, 2009 Alexis Coe added it
Recommends it for: emily clement
NPR doesn't lie -- it's a solid cookbook -- but the book title does: the bolognese called for two pans.
Pat
Feb 03, 2011 Pat rated it really liked it
Shelves: sthustinanths
great new ideas for me to try
Jeff Caplan
Jeff Caplan rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Rayger
Rayger rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2016
Stafford
Stafford rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Meghan
Meghan added it
Feb 26, 2016
Lopax
Lopax rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Will
Will added it
Jan 21, 2016
Jay B
Jay B added it
Jan 21, 2016
Cosmogyral
Cosmogyral rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Paulette Damiano
Paulette Damiano rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Chewlinkay
Chewlinkay marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Mike Jaynes
Mike Jaynes rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2015
Ondrej
Ondrej marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
John Buelter
John Buelter rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Ellie Kissel
Ellie Kissel rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015