Start by marking “Two Dudes, One Pan: Maximum Flavor from a Minimalist Kitchen” as Want to Read:
Two Dudes, One Pan: Maximum Flavor from a Minimalist Kitchen

Two Dudes, One Pan: Maximum Flavor from a Minimalist Kitchen

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Just one pan? No problem! You’ll need only a single skillet, or a roasting pan, or a Dutch oven to make any of the 100 knockout recipes that have made this team the hottest culinary duo west of the Rockies.

Today their catering business and restaurant are the toast of Los Angeles, but Jon and Vinny still remember what it was like to cook with a minimum of space, time, and
Published August 26th 2008 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about Two Dudes, One Pan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Dudes, One Pan

Michael
Decent little cookbook for someone who has a small kitchen / hates cleaning dishes. I most enjoyed reading their dialogues leading into each recipe... Picked up a lot of good kitchen / shopping tricks from them.

I've only made a single recipe from this book, which was good, but far too salty. I'd wager it needed less than half the salt they put in, and I love me some salt... Had me a bit worried about other recipes.

Kind of neat that they split the book into pot or pan type rather than protein or
Cat
If you like reading little stories that go along with each recipe, you'll like this cookbook. Some recipes use more expensive ingredients so it's definitely not a book for a person just learning how to cook or someone living on a tight budget. The one pan concept is great though and there is an explanation of how to purchase your cookware and which pieces can be on the cheaper side but still effective. Also, the entire book is in color photographs so you can see what the dish looks like.
Phloe
Yes, this is a cookbook for folks to use one pan - if one is already familiar with the type of cooking these two guys do. Quite understandably elicits a different reaction from anyone who's used to Paula Deen, or what the Kraft.com website tells you can easily make a meal in minutes.

Lovely book. Really great for folks who don't want to necessarily deal with the headache of reservations at Animal or Son of Gun in Los Angeles.
Cyndi
One of the best cookbooks I have ever bought. Everything I have made out of it has been spectacular. I'm not sure what other people are talking about when they say the ingredients are hard to find or the recipes are too complicated. Most of the ingredients I have on hand or I can obtain at Whole Foods and I haven't found any recipe hard to make.
Scottsdale Public Library
This cookbook is such a fun companion in the kitchen, complete with menus, conversations between the two eponymous dudes, and one-pan recipes. Recipes and menus are simple yet interesting, and feature a lovely combination of ingredients. A must-read for chefs looking for some inspiration in the kitchen.

-- Meagan
Christiana
This is too high level for a fool in the kitchen like myself. When I see "one pan" I think "easy". However, when there are (lots of) ingredients I have to look up just to know what they are, I have to just say no to this cook book.
Vicky
I liked this cookbook and will be looking at it again. Great ideas for really interesting food with minimal clean up.
Danee
Awesome cook book!! It wasn't overly complicated and it added new flavors to my kitchen :] my husband is happy I found this one.
Shannon
Unusual recipes and excellent photographs. Most were too difficult to replicate but worth a look. Somewhat recommended.
Alexis Coe
Jan 06, 2009 Alexis Coe added it
Recommends it for: emily clement
NPR doesn't lie -- it's a solid cookbook -- but the book title does: the bolognese called for two pans.
Pat
great new ideas for me to try
Lois
Lois marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Bryan
Bryan added it
Sep 28, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014