Start by marking “Encountering Evil (Dark Horse Guardians #2)” as Want to Read:
Encountering Evil (Dark Horse Guardians #2)

Encountering Evil (Dark Horse Guardians #2)

The sequel to "A Sense of Duty," ENCOUNTERING EVIL takes the reader deep into Ben's black-op work with his Dark Horse Guardian Team and it's not pretty. Terrorists exist on American soil; and the U.S. government hires secret contractors like Ben to make them disappear.

Lieutenant Ben Keegan has a personal mission to protect and defend the innocent. He is a guardian; it is
Published September 13th 2014 by Dark Horse Guardians (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Encountering Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Encountering Evil

John Dizon
Oct 09, 2014 John Dizon rated it it was amazing
Encountering Evil by Ava Armstrong picks up where Sense of Duty left off, and rest assured this exciting new author hits the ground running as does her cast of characters. Once you get to Page One, Ava grabs you by the lapels and doesn’t let you go. You are dragged immediately into a fast-paced narrative setting the ground for Ben Keegan and his Dark Horse Guardian team preparing for a mission in Worcester, Massachusetts for a smash job on the Islamic State of America. Yep, they’re in the Homela ...more
Shelly Wygant
Sep 24, 2014 Shelly Wygant rated it it was amazing
Ben and Lara are back happily married and looking forward to their future. But life itself wants to throw all kinds of obstacles in their way. Ms. Armstrong throws some twists and turns in this book. Once again the characters are well developed. Ben is learning to live happily with lara knowing he deserves love. Lara is a strong willed women that is learning that it is ok to lean on Ben and accept love in her life. We are introduced to the characters from book one but also many new characters. ...more
Hooked On Books
Oct 20, 2014 Hooked On Books rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Hookedonbooks

This follows on from book 1 and omg this book was fab.

What happened in the first book gets a lot serious in this one Ben take on a dangerous mission but puts his life on he line.

Lara can add another admire to her on growing list in the form of Hawk a gardener who take a liking to her after their first meeting and hen we still have Eric who in her women scorned book to Elliott who still trying to make his move on her.

Lara life is going fab she with the guy she loves doin
Char Moore
May 17, 2015 Char Moore rated it really liked it
Liked this book!

Book 2 was good. I liked Lara much better in this book. Getting to learn more about Ben and the rest of Dark Horse Guardians. Can't wait for the next book. The series is getting really good.
Tina Mueller
Nov 25, 2014 Tina Mueller rated it it was amazing
A must read for any one looking for some action and romance!!!!
Mary Ellen Fink
Oct 08, 2014 Mary Ellen Fink rated it it was amazing
great continuation of book 1 looking forward to book 3
Frank Scozzari
Nov 10, 2015 Frank Scozzari rated it it was amazing
ENCOUNTERING EVIL is a romantic thriller that griped me from page one. I have read several Ava Armstrong books as I am a big fan, and this one did not disappoint.

Second in the 'Dark Horse Guardians' series, it follows up where A SENSE OF DUTY left off. But can Navy SEALS really settle down and live happily ever after? Lieutenant Ben Keegan and Lara put it to the test. Just as life begins to settle, duty calls. Fighting terrorists on American soil becomes the new order of the day for Ben. Just ho
Melody
Oct 07, 2014 Melody rated it it was amazing
Lara and Ben are back in the second Dark Horse Guardian series, they are happily married and making plans for the future. However, life has a way of throwing them a few curve-balls. Again, Ava’s characters are well written and the story unfolds wonderfully.

The action continues for Ben and you feel as though you are standing beside him during his missions. As in real life, Lara’s life doesn’t stop while Ben is gone. This book includes other characters from book 1 and introduces new ones that I lo
Srcarson
Apr 02, 2016 Srcarson rated it really liked it
I respected this author in the way she presented our special ops heros, and therefore she should be commended. I appreciate the story. We need to honor our heros and she does that.

However, there was too much repetition and backstory telling us how to feel. In addition, the dialogue was somewhat stiff.

Having said that, I hope this author continues to produce for us inspiring stories, perhaps with a little editing in the future. I know I appreciate editors.

Teresa
Feb 16, 2015 Teresa rated it really liked it
The Dark Horse Guardians are back again

Ben and Lara are back with another chapter of spying and intrigue. The book wasn't as good as the first one but it did have its moments where it left you wondering what could possibly happen next? I'm not a big lover of serials and that's what this feels like. The action scenes are good and when added to the live story of Ben and Lara it makes it a 3.5 star book.
Michele bookloverforever
Ben is tasked with eliminating a huge terrorist encampment in New England. they're planning on infesting a stadium with anthrax....the attack fails and Ben feeds the anthrax to the terrorists and rescues kidnapped and abused women and children from the encampment. but it's a long assignment, and his wife is attacked twice while he's away....
Crystal Flood-Hale
Jun 24, 2016 Crystal Flood-Hale rated it it was amazing
Wow

Another great book that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Anxious to read the next book. Hoping to find the same "can't put it down" reading as the first two were.
Edmond
Edmond rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
Monni
Monni rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2015
alejandra oparowski
alejandra oparowski rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
Bradley D Foos
Bradley D Foos rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Rollie
Rollie rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Martha Purvis
Martha Purvis rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2015
Wiebke
Wiebke rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
Gmomy
Gmomy rated it it was ok
Oct 16, 2014
mary koenig
mary koenig rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2015
Janice Davidson
Janice Davidson rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2016
Book Club Gone Wrong
Book Club Gone Wrong rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
audrey sidle
audrey sidle rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Anna Down
Anna Down rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2016
charlie bonhage
charlie bonhage rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Marlys Kasemeier
Marlys Kasemeier rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
This book will be FREE Sept. 3-5 2 3 Jul 23, 2016 06:48AM
Ava Armstrong, new romance and thriller author, lives in a waterfront compound in an undisclosed location in New England, off the grid, with a military-grade security system and six English Bull Terriers.

The highlight of her eight years in college was driving at least one history professor to leave the state (she's been known to sit in the front of the class and challenge liberal professors). She
More about Ava Armstrong...

Dark Horse Guardians (3 books)
  • A Sense of Duty (Dark Horse Guardians #1)
  • Flawlessly Executed (Dark Horse Guardians #3)