Start by marking “101 Quotes and Sayings From Maya Angelou: Inspirational Quotes From Phenomenal Woman” as Want to Read:

Maya Angelou, she is a poet, writer of memoirs, novelist, educator, producer, actress, historian, filmmaker and human rights activists.
Published September 10th 2014

To ask other readers questions about 101 Quotes and Sayings From Maya Angelou, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Quotes and Sayings From Maya Angelou

Vivian Mosley
Dec 02, 2016 Vivian Mosley rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Very inspirational....needed to read this, encouraged me to keep moving. Read them all and write the ones that stand out to you. Awesome
Amy Jordan
Sep 22, 2016 Amy Jordan rated it it was amazing
I need to read this frequently. So many words of wisdom. Well worth a few minutes of your time to remind you to be greedy for life. I love her!
Michelle
Apr 14, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Such an Incredible, Wise Woman

I absolutely adore this book. Every quote and every saying in this book, speaks to me on such a deep and emotional level. Maya Angelou has such an incredible way of writing and connecting to her readers, that it just astounds me. This book is a prime example. It's a very quick read, but it really touched your heart and soul. I highly, highly, recommend this book to everyone.
Tasha
Feb 04, 2015 Tasha rated it liked it
As a huge fan, I was ecstatic to find this book of quotes from Dr Angelou. I loved reading it. I was disappointed to find that some were really just lines from her poems, and I thought it would have been better for the author to have used more quotes from the vast number of speeches and lectures she has given over the years. Additionally, several were repeated, in different ways. This left readers with fewer than 101 quotes, and closer to probably 90-95.
Mia Michalek
Dec 08, 2014 Mia Michalek rated it it was amazing
Great quotes

If you are looking for some of Maya's best quotes, this would definitely be the best book to read!! I found myself writing a few down to keep with me always and some that I will give to friends.
Smiley
Jun 30, 2016 Smiley rated it it was amazing
Love her

A very Simple and short book of quotes from Maya Angelou's writings and poems you can take as life lessons.
Elizabeth Hoag
Mar 23, 2016 Elizabeth Hoag rated it it was amazing
KEEPER!

I read many quotes I had never heard of or read before. I have written several of them down to commit to memory!
Carol Gad
Carol Gad rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Carlos Donovan
Carlos Donovan rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2014
Anna Teehan
Anna Teehan rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2015
Judy Schrader
Judy Schrader rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2014
Beth Bauer
Beth Bauer rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Angela Edwards
Angela Edwards rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Umm
Umm rated it it was ok
May 26, 2015
Colleen
Colleen rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Sandovita
Sandovita rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2016
carol felley
carol felley rated it it was ok
Nov 18, 2016
Mr Gordon Mathieson
Mr Gordon Mathieson rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
NIBY JACOB
NIBY JACOB rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Dwight L. Moody rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
Stush
Nov 10, 2015 Stush rated it liked it
Some of Maya's quotes, few typos and repetition of her quotes as well. Ok book.
Desaree Govain
Desaree Govain rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Heather Newton
Heather Newton rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Norma Reasor
Norma Reasor rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2015
Brittany Kemp
Brittany Kemp rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2015
Rowan Hollitz
Rowan Hollitz rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Lynda
Lynda rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Vivica
Vivica rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Cassandra Godfrey
Cassandra Godfrey rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

“Live as though life was created for you.” 8 likes
“You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I'll rise!” 4 likes