Start by marking “Impulse Control (Sypricon Masters #1)” as Want to Read:
Impulse Control (Sypricon Masters #1)

Impulse Control (Sypricon Masters #1)

Selene Orosova has come to Sypricon for one reason--distraction. And she is convinced the exclusive BDSM club, Tawse, is the place to escape the haunting nightmare of being a Planetary Marshal. She just wants to get in and get off. And she's never met a Dom she couldn't walk away from.

Until she meets this Sypricon Master...

Vaughn is immediately captivated by Selene. There
Published November 4th 2014 by Silver Phoenix Labs (first published July 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Impulse Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impulse Control

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Heat Rating: Flame - Needed to find toys while reading.

Tired of dealing with bad guys? Tired of always being the one in control? Selene is a tough Planetary Deputy Chief Marshall. She deals with criminals every day. She needs to decompress and the only way she knows how is to frequent a BDSM club, Tawse. She keeps searching for that Dom who can make her fly into sub space. She’s not a painslut nor is she extremely submissive. She’s looking for a Dom who can top her.

Since this is obviously a fant
Jessica Subject
Aug 05, 2011 Jessica Subject rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second BDSM story I've read from Sara Brookes and I plan to read many more. Not only does she explain the BDSM lifestyle throughout the story, but she also develops the characters extremely well. There was never a moment of info dump. It all worked together and made for a great, HOT read. I can't wait until the next Sypricon Masters story is released.
Angela
Apr 09, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a very short story that drops you in to a moment in the life of Selene as she makes a visit to a frequent haunt of hers and pines for Master Vaughn, rightly so. I only wish this were a full length story because it definitely left me wanting more.....Please!?!
Stella
Impulse Control is a very short sci-fi erotica novella of merely 28 pages, the first in Sara Brookes' Masters of Sypricon series. The story starts off with an in medias res beginning: we jump right in the middle, no introduction, no gently easing into the story, the first scene is already taking place at the fetish club. Selene is a Deputy Chief Marshal and due to the very dominant aspect of her job she is in need of relinquising control and being the one put into submission for once. She ...more
Paloma Beck
Apr 04, 2012 Paloma Beck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-fantasy
Impulse Control is the first book in Brookes’ Sypricon Masters Series. It’s short and serves as an introduction to the sci-fi series but leaves you just wishing there was more. Brookes grabs readers with one of the best first lines I’ve ever seen: “Today was the cherry on top of a shitty week sundae”; and then moves you quickly through a BDSM exchange worth reading. Overall, it was a good read. For my full review, go to www.theromancereviews.com/rpoma72.
Rebecca
Aug 03, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-fantasy
Kristabel Reed
Jul 13, 2012 Kristabel Reed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars for HOT D/s story telling and a delicious Dom. Vaughn is pure yum. I don't have a problem with the shortness of the story, stories come in all lengths, but in the abruptness of the ending. I don't know what I expected for the end but would have liked a bit more. Won't stop me from reading the next in the series, however.
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Cindy Brenholz
Cindy Brenholz rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
2mmommy
2mmommy rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2011
Lois - Who Reads
Lois - Who Reads rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Veronica August
Veronica August rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2012
Stacey Kennedy
Stacey Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2011
Sandra Allan
Sandra Allan rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
May 14, 2013
Jemma
Jemma rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2013
AuthorIsland
AuthorIsland rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2011
Sheryl Nantus
Sheryl Nantus rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2012
Pam
Jan 02, 2012 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great short story.
Shanna
Shanna rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Paula
Paula rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2012
Liia White
Liia White rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2011
Bastet
Bastet rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2014
Graylin Fox
Graylin Fox rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2011
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Shawnie Nicole
Aug 03, 2013 Shawnie Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Jo * Smut-Dickted * rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2014
Michelle Mccranie
Michelle Mccranie rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2016
A Kinky New Sci Fi Romance From Sara Brookes 1 2 Nov 11, 2011 09:08AM
A New Erotic Sci Fi From Sara Brookes 1 1 Sep 23, 2011 08:32AM
Sara Brookes' New Release Kicks Off Her New Erotic Sci Fi Series 1 2 Jul 23, 2011 08:33AM
A native Virginian, Sara sold her first published romance novel, FLASH OF DARK, an urban fantasy romance pitting vampires against the Fae, in 2009. Since that fateful day, she's published over 20 books in various sub-genres of romance, been generously honored with several awards, and saved the world from evil chocolate chip cookies.

In 2011, her futuristic romance MIDNIGHT'S GHOST, received the PR
More about Sara Brookes...

Sypricon Masters (6 books)
  • Perfect Limit (Sypricon Masters #2)
  • No Restraint (Sypricon Masters #3)
  • Slow Break (Sypricon Masters #4)
  • Dark Master (Sypricon Masters #5)
  • Taken Deep (Sypricon Masters #6)