Start by marking “Save the Date!” as Want to Read:
Save the Date!

Save the Date!

As daughter of a man in charge of the CIA, Gemma Harrison knew her father was overprotective. She just didn't think it went as far as assigning a man she can't stand to be her bodyguard under the rouse of a fake marriage after receiving threats on his daughter's life. Now she has to plan a fake wedding to a guy - okay, maybe he's attractive and has a butterfly-inducing ...more
Published September 10th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Save the Date!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Save the Date!

Goddess Of Blah
Jun 21, 2015 Goddess Of Blah rated it really liked it
Sweet romance between a emotionally reserved CIA tough guy agent and a slightly ditzy cute college student. A study of contrasts

description

Positives:

1. Age-play - there's something so hot and taboo about an older guy and a younger girl. She's 20 years old to his 35

2. Personality clash, he's the quiet, reserved tough guy CIA agent, while she resembles Cher from Clueless (but with bigger boobs and not as easily led)

3. The romance between them wasn't totally angst-y and silly. And no insta-lust (hate that)

Mary Jung
Save the Date
By Heather Myers

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Like many young adults, Gemma thinks her father is over-protective. Well, he is but in her best interest – which is usually the case. What parent doesn’t want only the very best for his/her child?

Her father has the perfect way to look after his daughter when he cannot be with her himself – hire a body guard. OK, well, the story is somewhat familiar, somewhat predictable but in a very appealing way.

This was an easy
Mandy Parmenter
Oct 07, 2016 Mandy Parmenter rated it really liked it
Gemma is a 20 year old college student who's father is a high ranking manager in the CIA. Recently he has been getting threats and her parents are determined to protect her by arranging a fake marriage between Gemma and Dixon - an agent who works for her father and is 15 years her senior with the logic that if he is her fiance/husband he will always be there to protect her.

I love this little story which was very sweet. It was kind of weird that in modern day times she would be having what is on
Blessie (Mischievous Reads)
Review from: http://mischievousreads.blogspot.com/

***ARC courtesy of author in exchange for honest review

I've read this story before when it was on FictionPress, and the author has made a couple of changes, but I'm still glad it stuck to the original story plot. This is the second published book I've read of Heather C. Myers, and with my fascination towards her writing style ever since FictionPress, I'm looking forward to reading more.

Everyone thinks Gemma Harrison is a spoiled brat, of course,
Tianna
Oct 07, 2014 Tianna rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars. I read this back when it was on Fictionpress in 2012. Now, two years later, some things will never change. I still procrastinate. I still eat like a pig. And I am still absolutely in love with this story.

Gemma Harrison is in constant danger because of her father's position in the CIA. So like any other concerned father, he decides to hire a bodyguard for her. And who other than Dixon Black? Also known as Code Blue: the agent with the striking eyes... and the guy Gemma had punched in t
Sakshi Jain
I received ARC, as a courtesy by Heather, for an honest review.

I have certain affiliation for action genre, and henceforth, I tend to love everything that has action in it - movies or books likewise. Back in Fictionpress, I picked up this book because it intrigued me - it has CIA and a stoic agent, both of which fascinates me to no extend. I found this book and it was an amazing read.

When I received ARC by the author, I had little idea about this book whatsoever, so the book wasn't entirely a ne
Riahusna Arya
Sep 16, 2014 Riahusna Arya rated it it was amazing
I've read this story on FictionPress, maybe two years ago I didn't really remember, and I have been a fan of the story ever since. I was still re-reading it on FictionPress whenever I wanted even after the first read. And I am glad that this story has officially been published and I am also thankful to be given the arc of this story from the author in exchange of an honest review.

I also have read the edited copy, and relieved to find that the story is still as I expected. The story is not much d
Maria C. Lopez
Sep 26, 2014 Maria C. Lopez rated it really liked it
A Good Read!!

I received a copy of this book before hand, but I had actually read it before in Fictionpress, and it is actually one of the few I really liked from that site. I was really glad to see it be published.

While not much of a romantic, this kind of story, with humor and likeable characters, just makes you have a great time reading it and wishing that it could continue. I recommend anyone to read it, may be a little cliché at first but the characters are original and different as you rea
Andi C.
Sep 21, 2014 Andi C. rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone who loves happy endings
I like this book. I read it on FictionPress a long time ago and just re-read it again.

Gemma and Dixon are so cute together. I love how quirky, smart, and comfortable-in-her-own-skin Gemma is. Dixon is seemingly all business, but it doesn't take long to see he has a lot more going on underneath it all.

This book is a fast, fun read with a happy ending. And I love happy endings. Give it a shot and you'll meet an entertaining story with a few twists and turns, that is surrounded by a good ole' fashi
Tracy Trixy
Sep 18, 2014 Tracy Trixy rated it liked it
Although this is the same, "fake marriage" situation I quite enjoy these stories... If I'm honest, It was difficult for me to get through this book..
I don't have a definite reason as to why as the writing style was ok, it read ok, wasn't a particularly long book.
I kinda liked the main characters, I liked that Gemma ate what she wanted and danced around in her underwear when no ones home, But she is quite annoying. Dixon, sounds yummy, and he's an action man, can't get much better!
Worth a rea
Julianna
Sep 16, 2014 Julianna rated it really liked it
I read this book on Fictionpress a while ago, and I really loved it. Heather recently sent me a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Although there were some edits and changes from the fictionpress version, I still really liked the story. It was extremely well written, and has a very engaging plot. Some elements of the story can be a little cliche, and the characterization of the mother is a little stereotypical, but in all it was a great story. It has lots of different genre aspects in it, and
Amanda
Jan 10, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
Despite the cliche storyline, the writing made it so worth the read. The only thing that really bothered me was the age difference between the two main characters.But other than that, I loved it. The banter between the two of them was really cute to watch. I like the chemistry between them and the protective side of Code Blue (love the nickname btw XD). You definitely should read it.
Emily Husker
Sep 16, 2014 Emily Husker rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy from Heather in exchange for my honest review.

I had previously read this story when it was on fictionpress. It had been a while since I first read it, but it was just as good again as it was the first time. I loved Gemma our heroine, she's quirky and relateable. The story is a sweet and quick read.

I will be on the lookout for more from this author. =]
Danielle Wong
Sep 20, 2014 Danielle Wong rated it really liked it
Although this is the cliché arranged marriage plot, this is still a very fun and interesting story, it doesn't really have one set genre line so it can appeal to most readers. As always it is a very well written book.
Janice
Sep 13, 2014 Janice rated it really liked it
Read the book previously when its up on fictionpress! Its a sweet and short story that is rather refreshing! Love the characters and the little moments! The book is more about the romance instead of the action so if you like romance this would be great for you.
Jeannette
Feb 03, 2016 Jeannette rated it it was ok
Good book

This was a good book to read. It was sweet. I liked the characters. I only wish it was longer to read.
Rose helg
Aug 06, 2015 Rose helg rated it it was amazing
Good Book

This book was good. Two people who don't like each other, fell in love, at least one will admit it,the other will at the end. This book is good. You must read it.
Judy Dunlap-jones
Sep 26, 2014 Judy Dunlap-jones rated it it was amazing
This story was fun and refreshing. I read it in one sitting as with most of Heather's novels. I can't seem to ever stop reading them once I start. They are just too compelling.
Lcub
Lcub rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Darlene Love wood
Darlene Love wood rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Swal2015
Swal2015 rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Zeenath81
Zeenath81 rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Merin
Merin rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2015
Erica
Erica rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Cindy Hardegree
Cindy Hardegree rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2016
Patty W.
Patty W. rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2015
Brangela
Brangela rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Heather B
Heather B rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Dawn  Johnson
Dawn Johnson rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
7200222
Full disclosure: I am an acquired taste. I'm a typical blonde Orange County suburbanite who says 'like' more than necessary, laughs loud and probably obnoxiously, and loves to dance in the rain. I'm a 23 year old college graduate with more than a few tricks up my sleeve, and I also happen to be a pretty big Ducks fan. Oh, and I'm a writer. Like, for real.
More about Heather C. Myers...