Start by marking “Dysfunctional: The 1st Trilogy of Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist” as Want to Read:
Dysfunctional: The 1st Trilogy of Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist

Dysfunctional: The 1st Trilogy of Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #1-3)

Meet Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist…

When Cupid gets stupid…
It isn’t every day a sexy demigod throws a pissed-off Cupid onto psychologist Matilda Schmidt’s couch and informs her the fate of the world depends on her ability to get him off his diapered ass and back to helping people fall in love. But first, she’ll need to convince a seductive hit man he’s s
ebook
Published September 11th 2014 by C. Olsen (first published May 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dysfunctional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dysfunctional

Heather Fortman
May 27, 2014 Heather Fortman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
What? All of Cynthia's books in one?! YES! Awesomeness combined together so you never have to wonder which order to read them in! Definitely a great read but you really should be fore-warned... don't drink or eat when reading this one! You'll end up needing to clean things from all of the laughing at Cynthia's witty humor as her characters and books come to life before your very eyes!
L.A. Williams
Dysfunctional is a fast, fun ride! It blows your hair back, makes you gasp and laugh, and leaves you wanting more...

Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Ph.D Psy.D - is a pretty, analytical, mentally moderate virgin. Her orderly days get a sudden hitch in their giddy-up when the sexy demi-god Crixus repeatedly brings her supernaturals in need of mental healing.

Our good lady-doctor seems to be having a run of supernaturally odd days:
1) Kidnapped by a sexy bounty hunter to be called on the carpet by a Vegas mob b
Tammy Sparks
May 29, 2014 Tammy Sparks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unlovable is a Laugh so hard story you may want to take some Tylenol before reading because I guarantee it will have your ribs aching.

Matilda is your everyday strictly business psychologist. She is only focused on her career, and makes no time for anything else including a non existing social life for herself.

Matilda finds herself woken up one night from a very steamy dream,( or was it?) to a ringing phone. On the other line is a male who knows her and her name but she has no idea who he is. He
Annette
Jun 04, 2014 Annette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to the world of Matilda Schmidt PhD, Psychologist to the super natural, almost vegan and a virgin. Her life is about to go from boring to let me off of the crazy ride in 3, 2, 1....

Case File #1 Unlovable

Crixus is a demigod, know it all who pops into Matilda's office with a little problem on his hands. It is the week before Valentine's day and divorce is up and love is down. He enlists the help of Matilda in counseling Cupid. While getting to the heart of the matter they are interrupted b
Victoria Stolte
May 31, 2014 Victoria Stolte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unlovable:
OMG! This book was hilarious from start to finish!
I loved the character's and the story-line made for an interesting tale to say the least. I love the fact that Matilda is a Psychiatrist, that in itself is enough to make some stories add in the other characters and dive into a different dimension with it. It was fast paced and took me no time to read as I could NOT put it down once I started. There is not one but two possible book boyfriends to sink your teeth into here. I would have
Kiki Sidira
Jan 26, 2015 Kiki Sidira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Are you having a bad day??? A bad week ??? A bad month???? Then these 3 books are for you! Unpredictable, funny, sexy and a bit of a crime involved…..
What else could you possibly need?

On “Unlovable”, you have Cupid (who refuses to do his job), a demigod (who probably thinks too high of himself), a hit man [with a big gun (pun intended)] and Matilda, in the middle of this.
Cynthia St. Aubin is orchestrating an amazing and original plot, which was missing from the paranormal shelf lately!
It’s fr
SB Morales
May 31, 2014 SB Morales rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unlovable
Dr. Matilda Schmidt is a Psychologist with a thriving practice. After having a strange dream she goes into the office and meets Crixus. "My name is Crixus, and you're going to help me save the world." Now when a demigod tells you that how do you not drop your panties and scream yes! Cupid is a little depressed, because the love of his life ran away. If cupid doesn't get back to work no one will fall in love again and the world will end. This would be bad enough for Matilda, but a mistak
Cheryl (I Heart Fictional People)
Dysfunctional: A Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist Trilogy is a combination of three of Cynthia St. Aubin’s books. This trilogy includes the stories Unlovable, Unlucky, and Unhoppy. From dealing with an irritating diaper-wearing Cupid in Unlovable to trying to wrap her mind around a seemingly delusional leprechaun in Unlucky to attempting to save a suicidal Easter Bunny in Unhoppy, Matilda is suddenly thrown into the paranormal life. Not only does she have to somehow survive these odd ...more
Kathy Wideman
Dysfunctional is the first 3 books (Unlovable, Unlucky, and Unhoppy) in one book. I loved all these books and its great to have them all in one book. Cynthia is a fantastic author and her books and fantastic. They are funny, sexy, and out of control. They involve Matilda a Paranormal Psychologist, Crixus a demigod, and a hitman named Liam. Throw in some supernatural creatures such as cupid, a leprechaun, and the easter bunny and you have some crazy adventures. These books are crazy, steamy, and ...more
Louisa
May 27, 2014 Louisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 1 - Unlovable -
A great read with a good mixture of comedy and romance. Cupid is cheesed off, he as been unlucky in love and so feels the rest of the world should suffer as well. Demigod Crixus has decided that Matilda Schmidt is the Psychologist to help Cupid out and get love back in the world . She also has to cope with a case of mistaken identity and sexy vegas hit.

Book 2 - Unlucky
Kept me hooked from beginning to end. Full of laughs, a bit of suspense, sex and gold. Accused of stealing
Sydney Hopke
May 28, 2014 Sydney Hopke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you ready to laugh out loud then this is for you.

You have Demi-God, Cupid, Hit Man and a Psychologist makes for laugh out loud amazing stories. I read these in one sitting, just could not put it down. You have a misunderstanding, Cupid needing counseling and a Demi-God who can read her mind. There's something for everyone - adventure, romance and silliness and of course some sex. A must read!!!

And then they're back and even funnier! Matilda gets a note to do something or she's a goner and en
Michelle
May 27, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe all 3 are in one plcae! What amazing books!!

Unloveable - Loved this book! It was so unique! I never would have thought that to humans the mythological creatures that we read about need a psychologist! This book was witty, funny and truly entertaining!

Unlucky - I found this modern version of mythology absolutely hilarious! The characters are easy to read and loveable. I love the unique twist of having them see a therapist and hearing her diagnosis'. I thoroughly enjoyed reading th
Kristina
This is my go-to trilogy when I am in need of a laugh! All three books will have you holding your sides! All three books are fantastic! Cynthia St. Aubin really knows how to write a great paranormal romantic comedy!! If I were you, I would go ahead and buy Dysfunctional because when you get done with Unlovable you will be ready to buy the second and third book in this trilogy!! I would recommend this to anyone who loves paranormal and a good laugh!
Heather Fortman
May 29, 2014 Heather Fortman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mickey Claus
Jun 10, 2014 Mickey Claus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ifyou have yet to be introduced to Dr. Matilda then nows the time! All 3 books in one! Her life is one of controlled chaos. Or at least she would like to believe it's controlled. The best threesome on the market, these books will make you laugh out loud! Never a dull moment. Steamy men, akward moments with what she thought was mythical creatures. Total giggle fest!

Debs Krulder
May 27, 2014 Debs Krulder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read all three of these books and love them all! They are a great read and fun.. I was laughing and always hoping for the best.. I am still not sure if she will choose the Hitman or the Demi God... Why choose???
I have them on my tablet. But bought this set because I always keep hard copies of the best books I read.
Becca Sellers
Jul 14, 2014 Becca Sellers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved it! Every book kept you guessing! An even mix of humor, sexiness and 'snark' featuring a mortal woman psychologist, a Demigod and a hitman with special guests throughout each installment! Never a dull moment!
Angie Parish
Especially if you are feeling blue. I could not stop laughing.. I love the way she combines all of our favorite holiday mascots that don't get enough hype into her stories. This is a one-stop action, and humor pack package.:)
Tonia
Jun 15, 2014 Tonia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great way to end a long tiring busy. Made me giggle, laugh and generally smile all through these books. If in need of a change of pace in your reading, this offers a great break!! Can't wait for more!!
Brittany
This is a review for Unlovable, Unlucky and Unhoppy. I loved all three of these. These books will have you laughing and unable to put them down. I just could not put these down and finished all three in two hours. I hope you guys enjoy these as much as I did!!
J.M.
Jun 23, 2014 J.M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So funny! Cynthia is a funny lady with a (slightly twisted) wonderful sense of humor. Loved the trilogy and I'll be looking into her other books.
Melody
Aug 10, 2016 Melody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read all three of these books. Cynthia St. Aubin is hilarious and I love her books. I will be looking forward to the next one. I think this is an excellent set of books!!
Victoria
Sep 28, 2014 Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: myth-and-legends
Devoured in around two hours. Totally funny, action packed, and entrancing. I can't wait to read more.
Karen Machamer
May 31, 2014 Karen Machamer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great series. If you enjoy the paranormal.
Anna Salamatin
Nov 11, 2014 Anna Salamatin rated it it was amazing
Unlovable
I was totally captivated from the very start of this fast paced, incredibly funny story! A 3:45 am phone call from a demigod named Crixus telling the good doctor that they are going to save the world, is a darn good indication of things to come!
Add a hit man named Liam who works for a Las Vegas casino owner named Stefano Fathead, Cupid who is love sick himself and not doing his job, Psyche and her Pegasus and we have a recipe for an Unbelievable side splitting adventure!
This cast of ent
SB Morales
May 28, 2014 SB Morales rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rebecca
Sep 13, 2016 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very funny

I really like all of the characters. The story is funny and unexpected. Each book is a quick read, but I don't feel shortchanged.
Marjorie
Oct 09, 2014 Marjorie rated it it was amazing
Given To Me For An Honest Review

Dysfunctional: The 1st Trilogy of Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist.. by Cynthia St. Aubin is a seriously funny must read for all. This book is a combination of Ms. St. Aubin's first three books - Unlovable, Unlucky, and Unhoppy. This book is funny, sexy and way out of control. The three main characters are Matilda Paranormal Psychologist, Crixus a demigod and a hitman named Liam. Then when you toss in a cupid, a leprechaun and the Easter bunny you have som
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers
I won this book in a contest I didn't know I entered. #nerdgirl rules!
Anyway, this is a novella series and it was just what I needed. It's a witty, fun, light read. And very sexy. She has a way with inuendo's that appeals to the teenager in me and her delivery of a punchline is perfect. It was sexy and fast and everyone should read these. I have already bought up all the other ones in this series. Seriously, I will loan these puppies out as soon as I finish them.

So go read them, like now.

Elizabeth Jane
Matilda is the best type of heroine: quirky, witty, slightly self-deprecating, and doesn't take shit from men. Making her a shrink and adding in paranormal characters in need of "shrinking" just makes the adventures all the more zany! Think Stephanie Plum hijinks and fun, but smarter, sassier, and with her life plotted out in neat boxes. I follow Cynthia on FB and her posts there are just as entertaining. Love it! Now on to buy all the rest on the series...
« previous 1 3 4 next »
dysfUNctional 2 6 Jun 24, 2014 10:10AM
  • The Magic Queen (The Dark Queens Book 4)
  • The Sunset Warrior
  • The Devil's Angel (Devil Series, #2)
  • Siren's Treasure (Dark Seas #2)
  • Night of the Fae (Ana Martin series, #1)
  • Pandora's Mistake (Fate of Eros #0)
  • Goldilocks (Modern Wicked Fairy Tales)
  • Sweetest Curse
  • Witch Sense: Part One
  • Vacation Hell (Princess of Hell,  #4)
  • Desperate Housewives of Olympus (Ambrosia Lane #1)
  • Village of the Mermaids
  • Oaken (The Underground #1)
  • Unamused Muse (Mt. Olympus Employment Agency, #2)
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • Shiver (Romance on the Edge, #3)
  • Once Upon Another Time: An Anthology of Tales (Once Upon a Time-Travel Book 4)
  • Beyond the Sun (Dark Order of the Dragon, #1)
USA Today bestselling author Cynthia St. Aubin wrote her first play at age eight and made her brothers perform it for the admission price of gum wrappers. A steal, considering she provided the wrappers in advance. Though her early work debuted to mixed reviews, she never quite gave up on the writing thing, even while earning a mostly useless master's degree in art history and taking her turn as a ...more
More about Cynthia St. Aubin...

The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist (7 books)
  • Unlovable (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist, #1)
  • Unlucky (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist, #2)
  • Unhoppy (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #3)
  • Unbearable (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #4)
  • Unassailable (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #5)
  • Undeadly (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #6)
  • Unexpecting (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #7)