Start by marking “A Postcard from Cottonwood” as Want to Read:
A Postcard from Cottonwood

A Postcard from Cottonwood

Neil Enright is an alcoholic polyglot with a photographic memory who has spent the better part of his life seducing women from one end of the globe to the other. During a respite from his travels, Neil returns to his hometown of Baltimore where he is held up at up at gunpoint and brutally kills a man in self-defense. Neil hops the first bus to anywhere and ends up in ...more
Published August 19th 2014

To ask other readers questions about A Postcard from Cottonwood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Postcard from Cottonwood

L.  Soren Mobley
I wrote it.
Jeff Valluzzi
Sep 27, 2014 Jeff Valluzzi rated it really liked it
As a voracious reader of Contemporary Fiction, I am always looking for the next writer that I can reserve future space on my shelves for, to follow their production closely, always anticipating the next book. I believe I found such a writer. Don't get fooled by it's Barbara Kingsolver-esque title, this book is a feral, twisted tale. From the opening paragraph, I was taken hostage, so to speak; along for the ride that doesn't let up. L.Soren Mobley introduces us to this complex character, Neil, a ...more
Shane Smith
Sep 15, 2014 Shane Smith rated it it was amazing
Mobley masterfully weaves a tale of angst, descent, and poisoning relationships when the anti-hero can't deal with the many traumas he has faced. You will have to keep turning the pages because you don't know what's coming next. Reminiscent of Pahlaniuk at his best. Definitely looking for more from this author.
Kate
Dec 09, 2014 Kate rated it really liked it
If you enjoyed "Gone Girl", take a look at "A Postcard from Cottonwood". This well-written psychological thriller is a page-turning knuckle-biter. So, do the Baltimore-born-and-bred first-time author, L. Soren Mobley, a favor and check it out.
Lark
Sep 15, 2014 Lark rated it it was amazing
This book kept me up too late at night because it was so hard to put down! A POSTCARD FROM COTTONWOOD is a fun fast-paced story with great characters and intriguing plot-lines. You won't be disappointed!
Kathy Floyd
Oct 27, 2014 Kathy Floyd rated it it was amazing
Good read.

This book was crazy, but good. It got a little wordy in places, but all in all, I still enjoyed reading it.
Amy Shook
Feb 29, 2016 Amy Shook rated it really liked it
A Postcard from Cottonwood is a journey from tragedy to depravity. Neil Enright is a truly desperate anti-hero and it's so hard not to like him. He's suave and charming and highly intellectual. Plus, he's from Baltimore, so I liked that. Well thought out characters and plot. I enjoyed this book a lot!
Charles Anderson
Charles Anderson rated it did not like it
Sep 17, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Krista Hornish
Krista Hornish rated it did not like it
Sep 30, 2014
Josh
Josh rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2016
Katie Thomson
Katie Thomson rated it did not like it
Oct 19, 2016
Phyllis Berger
Phyllis Berger rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
Betty Macy
Betty Macy marked it as to-read
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Danna
Danna marked it as to-read
Jasleen Dhillon
Jasleen Dhillon marked it as to-read
Lucie Ferguson
Lucie Ferguson marked it as to-read
Shon
Shon marked it as to-read
Michael Hughes
Michael Hughes marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Susan Moore
Susan Moore marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Zoe
Zoe is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2015
Melanie Dodson
Melanie Dodson marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
⚜Chalmation⚜
⚜Chalmation⚜ marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Adam Krieger
Adam Krieger marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016