Start by marking “The Stones of Kaldaar (Song of the Swords, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Stones of Kaldaar (Song of the Swords, #1)

The Stones of Kaldaar (Song of the Swords #1)

Never let gods determine your fate…

For thousands of seasons Aelinae has been a peaceful world, since the Great War that saw the banishment of the god Kaldaar, and the imprisonment of his brother.

But now Aelinae’s peace is threatened as an ancient prophecy predicting the return of the Eirielle, the one who is and who is not, blazes to life.

It’s up to Taryn, a woman raised o
Published August 30th 2014 by Teacup Dragon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Stones of Kaldaar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stones of Kaldaar

The Clearing by Thomas RydderEveryone Burns by John DolanSend More Idiots by Tony Perez-GieseHeavy Duty People by Iain ParkeStarshine by G.S. Jennsen
Great Indie Novels
480th out of 1,574 books — 1,819 voters

More lists with this book...

Roxanna
Sep 21, 2014 Roxanna rated it it was amazing
This story certainly hooked me and carried me along so that I hated to put it down. A little strange at first, once the quest, so to speak, became clear, everything worked out. The humor in the novel is delightful, with very little to point to as an issue. I don't want to give much away, but I can't wait for the next book so that the main characters can finally get over the hurdles holding them back. If I didn't know more was on the way, I could have screamed at the end. Ms. Etherton has crafted ...more
Annie Slasher (Booked & Loaded)
The Stones of Kaldaar is book one in Tameri Etherton’s Song of the Swords series. This fantasy transported me to another world and kept me turning the page until the end.

I didn’t know what to expect from The Stones of Kaldaar. It was big and heavy and it felt so good holding this beautiful book in my hands. Although, I did seem to forget how hard it is to hold one of these bad boys and eat at the same time! I appear to be spoiled by my kindle. However, not even that swayed me from toting this bo
Rita
Jul 03, 2015 Rita rated it really liked it
Shelves: give-away
I received this as a free giveaway via firstreads goodreads. The story has intrigue and keeps you guessing right up to the end what is the main plot. At first you think it is all about Taryn and it is. How she adapts to her new circumstances and what she learns and who to trust and what not. The final few chapters deals with another underlying plot. Which had me and I didn't want to put the book down.

Other points is this is an Adult book. The sex scenes can be confronting if you didn't know the
Carly Odonoghue
Feb 09, 2016 Carly Odonoghue rated it it was amazing
The Stones of Kaldaar (Song Of The Swords Book One) by Tameri Etherton has now become one of my favorite fantasy series ever! I would rank this book 100 stars if I could I loved it!

Fantasy is my first love in books and this book should certainly be up there with the great books in this genre as it has everything a perfect book needs, fantasy, magic intrigue, twist and turns, deception, revenge love and villains that you love to hate.

The characters are so well written that even when you put the b
Brenda Mcallister
Apr 24, 2015 Brenda Mcallister rated it liked it
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.
The plot centers on a girl taken from her home world and raised on another because prophecy said she may become the savior or destroyer of her world. The only thing she is taught by her guardian is one of the languages spoken there. She spends her life in a nomadic existence with no set home or friends. Her life is happy but totally dependent on her "grandfather" for love and companionship. One day the wait is over and t
Linda Walters
For the most part, I liked it. Taryn ended up being a great female lead. She had grit AND heart. I really liked her. She was also written in a way to show her vulnerability and her sensing of things around her.

One of the first things I noticed right away was that there sure seemed to be a lot of people in the story, and their numbers just seemed to keep increasing. That made it a bit tough for me at first trying to keep them all straight. That and the names of the animals as well. The fantasy w
Slytherin Rose
Genre: Fantasy
Author: Tameri Etherton
Book: The Stones of Kaldaar
My Star Rating: 4 out of 5
Will I read I read it again? Yes

Intro: Some say she’s the one of prophecy,
that she’ll bring balance to the world.
Others say she’s the destroyer,
meant to bring an end to Aelinae.
They’re both right.

Everything Taryn knew was a lie. Her life on Earth, the man she thought was her grandfather, even her age, were all fabrications meant to protect her, to keep her hidden until she could return to her home worl
Kitt Crescendo
Nov 08, 2014 Kitt Crescendo rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of this book on a blog giveaway. All opinions expressed are solely my own. This review was not solicited.

It takes a lot to impress me in the fantasy realm. My gold star standard is Terry Goodkind and his Sword of Truth series. As this was a debut book from this author, I had no idea what to expect. Yes, the cover was beautiful. It reminded me of Shee-ra from the cartoons. But the pretty cover was just the beginning of a fantastic journey.

Imagine having been raised in a world by your
Debra
Feb 19, 2015 Debra rated it it was amazing
The Stone of Kaldaar by Tameri Etherton is about a young woman, Taryn, who has lived her entire life on Earth only to find everything she has ever believed is a lie. Not only is Earth not her home, but she is the key in an age old prophecy from a distant planet known as Aelinae. A planet where a magic known as ShantiMari is dominant. Some love her, many fear her. Taryn with either bring balance to her new world or destroy everything…or so it’s been told.

I thoroughly enjoyed escaping with this bo
Susan
Jul 15, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Fantasy - Looking Forward to Reading Book Two

I had won the second book of the series in a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway, but I thought it would be important to read the first book before reading the second book. I had a hard time getting into the book, but then it started to suck me in about 25% of the way through. The further I read the more into it I was. Even though it is a fantasy, I really like how it coincides with a realistic Earth. After reading book 1 though, I am still not
Tayah
Sep 29, 2014 Tayah rated it it was amazing
First of all thank you author and goodreads for the giveaway and I'm very excited to reading this book. I just received it in the mail today and started reading it. I love it so far, the story has really captured me and I can feel myself being drawn into it. I love the writing style, its neat, detailed and well organized (in my opinion). I also love the book cover, its mesmerizing and I find myself looking at it after each chapter.

p.s I'll add to my review when I've finished the book, just thoug
Patricia Rickrode
Feb 17, 2015 Patricia Rickrode rated it it was amazing
I’m not normally a fan of fantasy fiction, but I have just become a fan of Tameri Etherton. The Stones of Kaldaar is a well-written fantastical journey into a strange new world that grabs the reader from the first page and keeps them intrigued until the end. While the book is a bit long (over 500 pages) it never lacks for excitement. If you’re looking for a new author to add to your favorite author list, I highly recommend this one. Can’t wait to read book two in the series.
Beth Cordle
Sep 20, 2015 Beth Cordle rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Tameri's writing style in Developing Casandra. This being a completely different genre of book I honestly didn't know what to expect. She totally made her characters come to life. It's very rare to find an author that can rock two different genres the way she has. Tameri is such a truly gifted author. Her stories suck you in so much so that they invade my dreams.
Ssbndad
Mar 03, 2015 Ssbndad rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Tameri is a new author for me but I have been a fan of Sci/Fi and Fantasy for many years. The story is riveting from the first chapter and the character development is excellent. The plot is fast paced and spicey and I can't wait for the next installment.

Dave
Juveriya
Oct 31, 2014 Juveriya marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
Wohoo!
I won in this giveaway giveaway details!!
I am so excited to read the book!
Thank you to the author and goodreads first read for choosing me. :)
InD'tale Magazine
The world of Aelinae and the people that inhabit it explodes across the pages like a beautiful display of richly colored fireworks!

Read full review in the 2015 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
5.0/5.0

Read full review in May 2015 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Samantha Nuhring
Oct 23, 2014 Samantha Nuhring rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was very easy to get lost in, and very hard to put down. Whenever I put it down all I could think about was "what was going to happen next?" I can't wait for the next book to come out!
Susan Troutner
Jun 09, 2015 Susan Troutner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting new series, worth the read!

New and exciting series. Extreme shape change and enough erotica to keep you at the edge of your seat. Incredible!
Madelyn
Apr 18, 2015 Madelyn rated it really liked it
I think this book was very good. I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Julia Brooks
Julia Brooks rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Barbara Goulding
loved this book and the story was very interesting
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Wendy J. Aucoin
Wendy J. Aucoin rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2015
Gina Paulus
Gina Paulus rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
Aviar Savijon
Aviar Savijon rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Eric Lee
Eric Lee rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2015
  • Innocence Lost (For Queen and Country, #1)
  • Blueberry Hill: a Sister's Story
  • Calculated Loss
  • Powder Burn  (Burn with Sam Blackett, #1)
  • Uncaged
  • Doggone Dead (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #3)
  • Blind Lust
  • Intermix Nation
  • A Raucous Time (The Celtic Cousins' Adventures #1)
  • Remember Me (Collective, #2)
  • Sealed Correspondence
  • The Shadow Chaser - Book 1
  • Creamed at the Coffee Cabana (Sweet Home Cozy Mystery Series #1)
  • TimeStorm
  • Blade of the Destroyer (The Last Bucelarii: Book 1)
  • Skyfire (Chasing the Valley #3)
  • The King of Anavrea (Theodoric Saga #2)
  • Graveyard of the Atlantic (Mitchell Parker #2)
Tameri Etherton is the award-winning author of the Song of the Swords fantasy series. As a born storyteller, Tameri grew up inventing fictional worlds where the impossible was possible. It’s been said she leaves a trail of glitter in her wake as she creates new adventures for her kickass heroines, and the rogues who steal their hearts.
She lives an enchanted life in Southern California with two dog
More about Tameri Etherton...

Song of the Swords (2 books)
  • The Temple of Ardyn (Song of the Swords, #2)