Start by marking “International Economics: Theory and Policy” as Want to Read:
International Economics: Theory and Policy

International Economics: Theory and Policy

Renowned researchers Paul Krugman and Maurice Obstfeld set the standard for international economics courses with the text that remains the market leader in the U.S. and around the world. International Economics: Theory and Policy is a proven approach in which each half of the book leads with an intuitive introduction to theory and follows with self-contained chapters to co ...more
Hardcover, Sixth Edition, 784 pages
Published July 26th 2002 by Addison Wesley (first published January 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about International Economics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about International Economics

Jake Losh
Apr 30, 2010 Jake Losh rated it it was ok
It's a very good text for undergraduate international macro courses but a little too light on the math for my tastes. Still, I recommend to anyone who's interested in learning more about international macro and "big" economic questions like why we went off the gold standard (and why we were on it to begin with).
Lynn Johnson
Dec 16, 2015 Lynn Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for a course I was taking at George Washington University. I didn't much care for the teacher's teaching methods nor the book. The book seems well written, but not easy to understand. I only read small parts of it for the 1 semester class. Very dry reading.
Ana
Jun 11, 2012 Ana rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
This was my school book for two classes: International trade and Trade policy. I liked it because of its complexity and graphs and examples.
Motasem
Jan 05, 2016 Motasem marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i can find some data frome this book
Leonora
Mar 19, 2016 Leonora rated it really liked it
Bayarmaa
Mar 08, 2015 Bayarmaa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need to read it
Fran
Note to self: Main text for International Finance course under Prof. Shinichi Watanabe (Minnesota 1983), Spring Term 2004; and International Trade and Commercial Policy course under Prof. Yuqing Xing (Illinois/Urbana-Champaign 1995), Spring Term 2005. International Development Program, International University of Japan.

When Paul Krugman talks, I'm all ears!
Richard
Huh. I hadn't realized that my Int'l Econ text was by a fellow who would later win the Nobel Prize. Cool. I guess I shouldn't dump it, then?
Rizwan
May 26, 2013 Rizwan rated it really liked it
A great text on trade - quite popularly used as a text for introductory trade and international economics classes in colleges.
Patrick Trümpi
Jan 14, 2013 Patrick Trümpi rated it did not like it
Brain wash for freetraders....no good facts about how asian countries really became rich. Neoclassics for poverty!
Diego
Mar 07, 2011 Diego rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gran libro introductorio a los temas de la economía internacional, fácil de seguir y aprender de forma individual
Patrick Nouhailler
This manual is adapted to European specificities and take into account the stability of the euro zone
Sara
Jun 16, 2013 Sara rated it it was ok
Shelves: university
HORRIBLE!!! Couldn't give me a goddamn straight answer.
Martín
May 03, 2012 Martín rated it it was amazing
As clear as water.
As accurate as swiss watch.
Hakija
Apr 24, 2009 Hakija rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Krugman rules. Great book.
Enkhzol
May 22, 2009 Enkhzol is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
ゼミ
Dzidzo
Dzidzo marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
Kashif Nazir
Kashif Nazir rated it really liked it
Fauziah Ulfa
Fauziah Ulfa rated it it was amazing
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Brook Dixon
Brook Dixon rated it liked it
Tom Uno
Tom Uno marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Pushkar
Pushkar marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
mohamed serag
mohamed serag marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Natasha Stepanenko
Natasha Stepanenko marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Andre
Andre marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Junglep
Junglep marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Arthur
Arthur rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2016
  • Macroeconomics
  • Development Economics
  • The Complexity of Cooperation: Agent-Based Models of Competition and Collaboration
  • Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach
  • The New Industrial State
  • Macroeconomics
  • Game Theory for Applied Economists
  • Essays in Positive Economics
Paul Robin Krugman is an American economist, liberal columnist and author. He is Professor of Economics and International Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University, Centenary Professor at the London School of Economics, and an op-ed columnist for The New York Times. In 2008, Krugman won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics for his contributions ...more
More about Paul Krugman...