Start by marking “A Chance Encounter (A Second Chance at Love #1)” as Want to Read:
A Chance Encounter (A Second Chance at Love #1)

A Chance Encounter (A Second Chance at Love #1)

Vanessa Cook, a Registered Nurse at UAB Hospital, was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. Anthony Harvey, a South Carolina native and single father, was searching for a fresh start, and found himself in Birmingham. Both lost their life partner of 15 years.

With the loss of hope, faith, and the will to live, Vanessa finds strength in a family not her own. When a chance
Published November 1st 2014 by Strawberry Publications (first published March 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Chance Encounter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Chance Encounter

Brenda Star-child
Nov 06, 2014 Brenda Star-child rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Second chance...with an editor! Can you say spell and grammar check.

This book would be a three maybe a 4 if someone did proper editing. Boy, I could not read anymore. I'm glad it was free for prime members. Vanessa is at a loss after losing her family and guilty for being the only survivor left. Anthony and his daughters are putting the back together after he loses his wife to breast cancer.
Chiquedee
Aug 09, 2015 Chiquedee rated it liked it
Life can sometimes hand you curveballs but its how you rise up out of them that matters. Vanessa and Anthony have had their share of heartbreak ...the very worst kind. But God puts them in each other's paths to help heal the broken places.

This story had a lot of potential but it was poorly depicted. I skipped a lot of the beginning which I thought was irrelevant since it was mostly repeated elsewhere. And the book needed some major editing which took a lot from me as a reader enjoying it. I didn
Sharon
Nov 10, 2014 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A second chance at love

I enjoyed reading this story about two people finding their way back from tragedies. through there faith in god. only had a few issues the book needed editing and didn't like the way it ended. such a inspirational story to have it end that way took away from the story.
Karen
Jul 15, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are times when a person goes through a horrible experience and began to doubt God. We serve an awesome God. He will never give us more than we can handle. An excellent story, I did come across a few grammatical errors.
Latanya
Mar 09, 2015 Latanya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
good story plot but, VERY POOR editing!!!

I loved the character...but ALL the errors took away from the entertainment of the story! I gave it 2 stars because it really did have the potential to be something greater.
Laura Worthy
Jan 28, 2015 Laura Worthy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.

I want to see what going to happen next. Very good boo glad to see Vanessa putting her life back together.
Venice
Venice rated it really liked it
Geneva Daniels Wright
Geneva Daniels Wright rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
B
B rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Kimberly Gaskins
Kimberly Gaskins rated it liked it
Mrs. Carolyn DuBose
Mrs. Carolyn DuBose rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2015
Charla Kenitra
Charla Kenitra rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2014
gabriyle
gabriyle rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Shon
Shon rated it it was amazing
Aliyah
Aliyah rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2015
Roslyn White
Roslyn White rated it really liked it
May 12, 2015
Rosalyn
Rosalyn rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2014
Sigourney Moore
Sigourney Moore rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
hazel lewis
hazel lewis rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Deirdre Davis
Deirdre Davis rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Machele Simpkins
Machele Simpkins rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
S. LaRue
S. LaRue rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Latanya
Latanya rated it it was ok
Laqueisha Malone
I loved this book, and everything it represents. It's a beautiful love story.
Cassie Edwards Whitlow
Cassie Edwards Whitlow rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Carmin Cunningham
Carmin Cunningham rated it it was amazing
Brenda Cockrell
Brenda Cockrell rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2014
Margie
Margie rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Liza`
Liza` rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2015

A Second Chance at Love (2 books)
  • When It Rains It Pours (A Second Chance at Love #2)

“Everything that was taken from you, God will give back to you. If you just hang in there, the reward at the end of this journey is going to be amazing. God is going to work it out for you; just wait on Him. God makes no mistakes, and He has a reason for everything that He does, whether we see it or not.” 0 likes
“There’s nothing that the God I serve can’t fix, even a broken spirit.” 0 likes