Start by marking “Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 3 (Kingdom Hearts, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 3 (Kingdom Hearts, #3)

Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 3 (Kingdom Hearts #3)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  1,388 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
When Monstro the whale swallows Sora and crew, the world of Kingdom Hearts plunges into an underwater adventure! Deep within the ocean depths, Sora lends Geppetto and Pinocchio a helping hand to fend off the Heartless. Our heroes then dive even deeper under the sea to face Ursula the Sea Witch. But Sora and Riku better surface fast because they have to rescue Kairi from th ...more
Published April 11th 2006 by Tokyopop (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 3

ワンピース 71 [Wan Pīsu 71] by Eiichiro OdaKingdom Hearts, Vol. 3 by Shiro AmanoMaid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraChobits, Vol. 3 by CLAMPChobits, Vol. 6 by CLAMP
Manga is for everyone
2nd out of 100 books — 16 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriBleach, Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
473rd out of 486 books — 426 voters

More lists with this book...

Nikki
I love how cute they all look as sea creatures. My thoughts on the two previous volumes stand pretty much unchanged here, but I am having fun with this little recap of the game. It's helping me piece things together as I replay Birth By Sleep and urgently try to remember who became which Heartless/Nobody/whatever.
Mekks
Sep 15, 2016 Mekks rated it liked it
The Kingdom Bites pages are everything (^ц^ )
Ryan
Feb 23, 2015 Ryan rated it liked it
We tend to take for granted the story-telling that occurs in new media. The subtlety of character development and ambience that persists in video games is unique, after all. The time that you spend with characters can transform blocks into personalities (Thomas Was Alone), visual build-up can turn red-clad wanderers into heroes (Journey), and the silence of unlikely physicist-warriors can shape a generation (Half-Life). I choose these examples because these are all narrative experiences that cou ...more
Christina
Jul 16, 2014 Christina rated it it was ok
Sora and company travel through the mouth of Monstro the whale into Ariel's ocean, and then onto Captain Hook's ship looking for Kairi, battling Heartless, sealing the keyholes, and finding pages of Ansem's report on the origins of the Heartless! And as Riku reveals on Captain Hook's ship, Kairi's heart has been stolen!

OH MY GOD, I WANTED TO BURN THIS BOOK SO BADLY. I had to rip out two freaking pages out of the back to make myself feel better..!! (It was only the advertisements, no worries). I
Tiffany Spencer
PLOT: Team Keyblade, (our heroes') Sora, Donald, and Goofy find themselves in Monstro's belly and meet Pinocchio (a wooden puppet made by clock maker Gepetto) after a confrontation over another found Gummi. They face off again with Riku (Sora's friend-enemy) who seems to have a change of heart mid-face off after Sora tells him he's on the wrong side. We then learn Kairi is being held (unconscious) by Maleficent, and won't be revived until the seven princesses and are united and they're hearts op ...more
Rachel Shamley-Kulik
Yet again, really amazing. The way the stories have all blended together is really amazing, and I really like the fact that it hasn't copied from Once Upon a Time (or well, OUAT hasn't copied from it), and that there are so many ways to combine the worlds of Disney. The Ariel and Pinocchio storylines weren't my favorites but it was awesome to see them in there, and they were adorable as sea creatures. Hoping to knock out the fourth one today too, and I can't wait to dive into the other series to ...more
Alicia
Dec 30, 2015 Alicia rated it really liked it
Well, I've read all these sets of KH out of order. Started with Chain of Memories, then 358/2, now KH I, and soon, KH II. Because of that (and only playing the first game), I'm a bit out of sorts with the flow and what actually happens in the series. I enjoyed these though, as I loved the game.
Diana Lynn
Jun 23, 2016 Diana Lynn rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Good addition. This one had all the "water" worlds and that was fun. Still, without playing the game first, the books are a jip because they only glaze across the main story and you don't get the beautiful character development you get from the game. A fun add on for fans only.
S. J.
Jan 29, 2014 S. J. added it
To see my rating and review please click here to see the review on my blog.
Kurt
Nov 19, 2015 Kurt rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing book with a lot of action adventure and comedy!
Sophia Lallo
Apr 15, 2014 Sophia Lallo rated it it was amazing
I've started to play the games. Now im more obsesssed. I LOVE IT!
Jan 20, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Worth The Read. All Of Them!!
Kerwens
Sep 03, 2015 Kerwens rated it it was amazing
354452063682459
Vanessa
Jun 15, 2011 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 10th-grade
Sora, Donald and Goofy are now in Atlantica and of course everyone knows the story about Ariel and Prince Eric. Then something else happens as they leave.
On the boat to Neverland Sora persuades Riku to come back to his side he brings out Kairi who is 'sleeping' but in reality, her heart has been stolen from Malificent. Sora who is in shock to see Kairi fights his way through the heartless in his way to reach her but as he does he falls in a trap along with Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Wendy, Goofy and
Flavio Teimouri
Oct 02, 2013 Flavio Teimouri rated it it was amazing
The Perspective I had for this volume of the book is pretty much the same as it was when I was reading the book. This Book is nice because they entered the World Based on my favorite Disney Classic: Peter Pan (1953). It is nice to revisit the game except it is in book form, and there is no aggression/fighting for the reader to get to the end of the book. I can't wait to read the 4th Volume and see how Shiro Amano ends it!
Kari
Jan 03, 2016 Kari rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-manga
Another good one of the series. Now for the last one...
Corley
Sep 20, 2012 Corley rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I love the Kingdom Hearts series, though I'm not a video game person; the plot is amazing and it's got some of the most beautiful music. The manga adaption is cute and funny, and while I like it (because, hello, it's Kingdom Hearts), it cuts out so much from the actual game (which by the way, I've never finished; I just watched most of the cutscenes).
Zain
Apr 20, 2015 Zain rated it liked it
It doesn't get better after this (minus a few grammatical mistakes). 3.5 stars.
Adam
Nov 20, 2009 Adam rated it liked it
Though it was still very good, I think this is my least favorite so far.
Not a nig fan of the Little Mermaid world, didnt like the scene very much.
However, I did like the Peter Pan part and the Pinochio part. This series is probably the most unusual books ever.
Devon
Jan 24, 2012 Devon rated it it was amazing
In the 3rd Vol. of the Video Game series novel Sora, Donald, and Goofy Help seal the keyhole under the sea in the world of Atlantica. He meets Ariel and her king father. They then travel to the next world witch is continued in the next Volume.
George
Nov 04, 2008 George rated it it was amazing
Sora ventures to Monstro, Atlantica and Neverland all in this book. Not much importance in here, other than the discovering of the Ansem Reports completely. The largest book in the 1st series, and the best one, too.
Fizzgig76
Sora, Donald, and Goofy fight beside Hercules, are swallowed by Monstro, meet the Little Mermaid, and join Peter Pan in battling Captain Hook. This book is more of the same if you liked the other Kingdom Hearts books.
Miguel Angel
I really liked this one, I understood it better than the first one, although still fast paced. I was confused as to how they defeated Hades, but really liked the parts with Ariel and Peter Pan.
nobody
Oct 06, 2009 nobody rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
Actually, this is the first book in the series thats any good it all. Being that it is a 4 volume series, at least half of it is awful. I'll read the last one too though, they are quick reads anyway.
Aristotle
Jul 12, 2016 Aristotle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: internacional, manga
Estoy haciendo un poco de trampas porque estoy leyendo mangas y voy a leer más, pero es que me gusta tenerlos marcados y puntuados tambien, a pesar de que si, me los leo en 20 minutos
Naomi
Nov 24, 2008 Naomi rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Third in the seires, I have to admit I dislike the Little Mermaid in both the video game and manga. In all though, it's a decent manga, and still part of the series!
Lluvia Almanza
Sep 30, 2013 Lluvia Almanza rated it really liked it
This is the volume where we find out Kairi's fate. She is alive but not well as she is missing her heart. In this one we get to see Donald, Goofy and Sora in Atlantica.
Danielle
Feb 27, 2016 Danielle rated it liked it
At first when I saw the cover I thought them as sea creatures was kind of strange but after finishing I think Sora is adorable as a mermaid.
Danyka
Apr 07, 2013 Danyka rated it liked it
I actually played this game. As much I want to buy and read this, maybe I will buy it but not read it, why? Because it's just the same story.
Cindy
May 14, 2016 Cindy rated it really liked it
Cute book. I like the expansion from the game. I would have liked color but who is complaining. I love Peter Pan can't wait to see the other books.
  • Kingdom Hearts II: Official Strategy Guide
  • Kingdom Hearts Official Strategy Guide
  • Kilala Princess, Vol. 01
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 9 (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE #9)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords - Part 2 (Zelda, #7)
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 7 (Tokyo Mew Mew, #7)
  • Inubaka: Crazy for Dogs, Volume 2
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 03 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #3)
Shiro Amano (天野 シロ, born January 4, 1976) is a Japanese manga artist who has worked on several projects, including his adaptation on the popular Kingdom Hearts series.
More about Shiro Amano...

Kingdom Hearts (7 books)
  • Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 1 (Kingdom Hearts, #1)
  • Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 2 (Kingdom Hearts, #2)
  • Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 4 (Kingdom Hearts, #4)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Vol. 2
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. Tomo 2
  • Kingdom Hearts FinalMix. Tomo 3 (Final Mix, #3)