Start by marking “Beyond His Control” as Want to Read:
Beyond His Control

Beyond His Control (SEAL #3)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  354 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
A strikingly sexy soldier protector!

Lawyer Ava has always been a risk taker. Now a high-profile case has landed her in danger and the only man standing between her and certain death is the one man she can’t get off her mind. Justin was Ava’s brother’s best friend, her protector during her wild-child teenage years…and the object of her hottest fantasies.

Now he’s a highly tr
Published March 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Beyond His Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond His Control

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyTempting the Best Man by J. LynnThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstSeducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Brother's Best Friend
86th out of 264 books — 854 voters
The Darkest Hour by Maya BanksNo Place to Run by Maya BanksRunning Scarred by Jackie WilliamsHot Target by Suzanne BrockmannForever Scarred by Jackie Williams
Military Romance and Fiction Part 2
157th out of 406 books — 265 voters

More lists with this book...

Carrie
35 cents at ubs.

3.5* Grade B-

I realized as I started reading this that I'd read one of the earlier books in this trilogy and enjoyed it. For the small size, Tyler does a good job of packing in a very tense and exciting suspense plot. Of course this is a Blaze, so you expect the over-the-top sexual attraction and descriptions of tingling body parts. That's okay because you know what you're getting when you pick up one of these titles.

This book was better than average and I enjoyed almost the enti
4 1/2 stars
Navy SEAL Justin Brandt gets a call from his best friend, Turk, to check on Turk's sister, Ava, because she's in trouble. Justin has always watched out for Ava even when she didn't know it.
Justin broke Ava's heart nine years ago when he left her. She's never trusted another man since. When he shows up at her door when she's is trouble, there is no one other than her own brother she would trust to help her.

I breezed through this book. The chemistry between Justin and Ava is steamy...t
ツ Renée
Mar 12, 2012 ツ Renée rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military
I didn't like Ava until the end of the book. She was too selfish and unsupportive. And though emotion doesn't often allow for logic, I thought she should have pulled her head out of her ass a lot sooner. Justin was awesome. He is everything you want in a man. Loyal, caring, sexy, intelligent, hard-working, and protective. The secondary romance with Leo and Callie was sweet. It was also nice catching up with Hunt and Cash. I hope Rev and Hollywood get their stories.
Natalie Jones
Jul 16, 2014 Natalie Jones rated it it was ok
Its true that sex sells because I doubt anybody bought this book for the quality of the writing. As it happens I did not buy this book, it came into my possession by winning it as a prize at a 21st birthday party. As the book went on it did get better as it was not till towards the end that I found myself liking the central character 'Ava' and found myself getting rapt in the relationship. The ending I found a bit too abrupt. One thing I did like was the insight it gave into the lives of militar ...more
May Mostly Romance
Oct 08, 2012 May Mostly Romance rated it liked it
Shelves: category
Beyond his control ของสเตฟานี ไทเลอร

หนังสือเลมทีสามในชุดเกียวกับทหารหนวยนาวีซีล ของสเตฟานี ไทเลอร เลาเรืองราวของจัสติน แบรนท คนทีไมไดอานเลมกอนหนาในชุดกไมตองกังวลนะคะ แมกซรับรองวาอานเรืองนีไดรูเรืองแนนอน เพราะเราเองซึงยังไมไดอานเลมแรกในชุดดวยซำ กไมมีปัญหาอะไร

ฉากเปิดของหนังสือเลมนีทำใหแมกซหวนนึกถึงหนังสืออีกเลมทีแมกซชอบมาก ๆ เรือง Pearl Cove เพราะมีพลอตทีคลายคลึงกัน นันกคือ จัสตินทีกำลังพักผอนกับสาวสวยทีเขาเพิงหิวมาจากบารหลังจากกลับจากภารกิจในอัฟกานิสถานไดรับโทรศัพทจากเพือนรัก ลีโอ ซึงเปนตำรวจปราบ
Natasja
Apr 08, 2010 Natasja rated it really liked it
Justin Brant, a highly trained Navy Seal gets a call from his friend Leo Turkowski with a request. Leo is working undercover to get more information to put the O’Rourke’s behind bars. But somehow his younger sister Ava is involved in this case and Justin has to get her out of town fast. Justin cannot refuse this request and is heading to Ava, even though their history together.

Ava Turkowski is working on an abusive case of Susan Mercer, who seems to be connected to the O’Rourke’s family. Ava has
Virginia
Aug 31, 2012 Virginia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis - Assistant District Attorney Ava Turkowski has dedicated her life to helping abused women, both at work and off the clock. Of course, the men who abuse their wives don't always limit their malfeasance to battery, and her most recent case is tangled up with a family of drug traffickers. Her brother Leo is a DEA agent whose cover is blown when Ava is targeted for helping the abused wife disappear. Leo calls his best friend (and Ava's high school crush) Justin Brandt, a Navy SEAL, to get ...more
Romancing the Book
Apr 29, 2011 Romancing the Book rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Review by Jen:
Ava and Justin were in love as teenagers, but forces beyond their control tore them apart. Years later, Justin is a Navy SEAL and Ava is an Assistant District Attorney. Ava’s current case has put her life in danger and her brother has called in a favor with Justin to protect Ava’s life. As they are on the run, emotions are running high and finally all those fantasies have a chance to become reality.

This is the third book in Stephanie Tyler’s SEAL series, and it’s lived up to and pe
IkeaGoddess
Dec 10, 2014 IkeaGoddess rated it really liked it
Good read. It is actually a two in one story as there are not only Justin and Ava, but also her brother and Callie. My problem was that I found myself way more interested the story of the supporting couple than the main couple's. Both storylines are great with interesting characters and the interweave perfectly, however both are missing a bit of depth, therefore only 4 stars.
elstaffe
Jun 13, 2013 elstaffe rated it it was ok
This was not really a romance, which surprised me, given the publisher/line. Oh, there was a hypothetical romance between the male and female protagonist (and a subplot with another romance), but there was so much plot there weren't enough pages for everything. For me, the thing that saved this from falling below 2 stars was a moment towards the end of the book (view spoiler) ...more
Julie theriault
it was good but not great second time I was reading it
Netanella
May 28, 2012 Netanella rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blaze
The thing about many contemporary romance heroines these days is that they spend most of their time with their heads up their collective asses. Unfortunately this is the case with Ava, our supposedly bright ADA whose unflagging duty to her mission puts the life of her brother at risk, nearly ruins the military career of the man she supposedly loves, oh, and did I forget that she just walks all over him.

Great book except for her. Such a shame.
Yona
Sep 06, 2012 Yona rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

I liked it but not entirely. The characters were so stubborn - they are wrong but they are right in the same time and I just don't know what to think. I get angry at something and in the next moment I can't be any more because it is well explained and it was all so confusing.

But it was a nice story with a good end.
Christine
A Harlequin Blaze romantic suspense story involving a Navy SEAL on leave, asked by his best friend to watch over his sister who is in over her head in a lawsuit against some very powerful and dangerous people. It is a friends to lovers story that is exciting and almost bittersweetly romantic.
~Megan~
This one was way better than the first in Tyler's Harlequin Blaze SEALs series! This time there was actual action, and the SEAL acted like a SEAL. I enjoyed both the main romance and the secondary romance. I haven't read the second in the series yet, but I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point.
Suzanne Pierontoni
Jan 17, 2010 Suzanne Pierontoni rated it it was amazing
Seal number 3 is just as delicious as the first!
Wonderful series.
Great characters and story lines.
Way to go.
Krista
Dec 22, 2008 Krista added it
This was a good book !!
Connie Jones
Sep 07, 2011 Connie Jones rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book.
Pam
Pam added it
Jul 14, 2016
Hayley Manuel
Hayley Manuel marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Lynette
Lynette rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
SusanK
SusanK rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Eryka
Eryka marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Dawn Pressel
Dawn Pressel rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Meggsie
Meggsie marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
C.j. Butcher
C.j. Butcher marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Rebecca Williams
Rebecca Williams marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • At Your Command
  • Flyboy
  • SEALed with a Kiss (Harlequin Blaze, #589)
  • Shadow Hawk
  • Putting It To The Test (Harlequin Blaze #392)
  • Nightcap (Harlequin Blaze, #394) (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #3)
  • Yule Be Mine (Harlequin Blaze, #436)
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • Your Bed Or Mine? (Harlequin Blaze #379)
New York Times Bestselling author Stephanie Tyler writes what she loves to read - romantic suspense novels starring military heroes and paranormal romance novels novels starring warrior heroes, all complete with happy endings. She also writes as SE Jakes.

And because she's not busy enough, she also co-writes as Sydney Croft. She lives in New York with her husband, her kids and her crazy Weimaraner,
More about Stephanie Tyler...

SEAL (3 books)
  • Coming Undone (Seal, #1)
  • Risking It All