Beyond His Control (Harlequin Blaze #384)

Beyond His Control (SEAL #3)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  289 ratings  ·  15 reviews

Assistant District Attorney Ava Turkowski knows about leading a dangerous life--her father was a risk taker who died in the line of duty and her beloved brother is taking just as many chances. Now a high-profile case has landed Ava herself in the crosshairs--and the only man standing between her and certain death is the one she can't forget.

Justin Brandt was Ava's brother'

Published March 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books

The Darkest Hour by Maya BanksRunning Scarred by Jackie WilliamsNo Place to Run by Maya BanksForever Scarred by Jackie WilliamsHot Target by Suzanne Brockmann
Military Romance and Fiction Part 2
139th out of 228 books — 185 voters
The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstTempting the Best Man by J. LynnSeducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellHer Best Friend's Brother by T.J. Dell
Brother's Best Friend
85th out of 116 books — 559 voters

More lists with this book...

Carrie
35 cents at ubs.

3.5* Grade B-

I realized as I started reading this that I'd read one of the earlier books in this trilogy and enjoyed it. For the small size, Tyler does a good job of packing in a very tense and exciting suspense plot. Of course this is a Blaze, so you expect the over-the-top sexual attraction and descriptions of tingling body parts. That's okay because you know what you're getting when you pick up one of these titles.

This book was better than average and I enjoyed almost the enti...more
4 1/2 stars
Navy SEAL Justin Brandt gets a call from his best friend, Turk, to check on Turk's sister, Ava, because she's in trouble. Justin has always watched out for Ava even when she didn't know it.
Justin broke Ava's heart nine years ago when he left her. She's never trusted another man since. When he shows up at her door when she's is trouble, there is no one other than her own brother she would trust to help her.

I breezed through this book. The chemistry between Justin and Ava is steamy...t...more
ツ Renée
I didn't like Ava until the end of the book. She was too selfish and unsupportive. And though emotion doesn't often allow for logic, I thought she should have pulled her head out of her ass a lot sooner. Justin was awesome. He is everything you want in a man. Loyal, caring, sexy, intelligent, hard-working, and protective. The secondary romance with Leo and Callie was sweet. It was also nice catching up with Hunt and Cash. I hope Rev and Hollywood get their stories.
Natalie Jones
Its true that sex sells because I doubt anybody bought this book for the quality of the writing. As it happens I did not buy this book, it came into my possession by winning it as a prize at a 21st birthday party. As the book went on it did get better as it was not till towards the end that I found myself liking the central character 'Ava' and found myself getting rapt in the relationship. The ending I found a bit too abrupt. One thing I did like was the insight it gave into the lives of militar...more
May Mostly Romance
Beyond his control ของสเตฟานี ไทเลอร์

หนังสือเล่มที่สามในชุดเกี่ยวกับทหารหน่วยนาวีซีล ของสเตฟานี ไทเลอร์ เล่าเรื่องราวของจัสติน แบรนท์ คนที่ไม่ได้อ่านเล่มก่อนหน้าในชุดก็ไม่ต้องกังวลนะคะ แม็กซ์รับรองว่าอ่านเรื่องนี้ได้รู้เรื่องแน่นอน เพราะเราเองซึ่งยังไม่ได้อ่านเล่มแรกในชุดด้วยซ้ำ ก็ไม่มีปัญหาอะไร

ฉากเปิดของหนังสือเล่มนี้ทำให้แม็กซ์หวนนึกถึงหนังสืออีกเล่มที่แม็กซ์ชอบมาก ๆ เรื่อง Pearl Cove เพราะมีพล็อตที่คล้ายคลึงกัน นั่นก็คือ จัสตินที่กำลังพักผ่อนกับสาวสวยที่เขาเพิ่งหิ้วมาจากบาร์หลังจากกลับจากภารก...more
Natasja
Justin Brant, a highly trained Navy Seal gets a call from his friend Leo Turkowski with a request. Leo is working undercover to get more information to put the O’Rourke’s behind bars. But somehow his younger sister Ava is involved in this case and Justin has to get her out of town fast. Justin cannot refuse this request and is heading to Ava, even though their history together.

Ava Turkowski is working on an abusive case of Susan Mercer, who seems to be connected to the O’Rourke’s family. Ava has...more
Virginia
Synopsis - Assistant District Attorney Ava Turkowski has dedicated her life to helping abused women, both at work and off the clock. Of course, the men who abuse their wives don't always limit their malfeasance to battery, and her most recent case is tangled up with a family of drug traffickers. Her brother Leo is a DEA agent whose cover is blown when Ava is targeted for helping the abused wife disappear. Leo calls his best friend (and Ava's high school crush) Justin Brandt, a Navy SEAL, to get...more
Romancing the Book
Review by Jen:
Ava and Justin were in love as teenagers, but forces beyond their control tore them apart. Years later, Justin is a Navy SEAL and Ava is an Assistant District Attorney. Ava’s current case has put her life in danger and her brother has called in a favor with Justin to protect Ava’s life. As they are on the run, emotions are running high and finally all those fantasies have a chance to become reality.

This is the third book in Stephanie Tyler’s SEAL series, and it’s lived up to and pe...more
elstaffe
This was not really a romance, which surprised me, given the publisher/line. Oh, there was a hypothetical romance between the male and female protagonist (and a subplot with another romance), but there was so much plot there weren't enough pages for everything. For me, the thing that saved this from falling below 2 stars was a moment towards the end of the book (view spoiler)...more
Netanella
The thing about many contemporary romance heroines these days is that they spend most of their time with their heads up their collective asses. Unfortunately this is the case with Ava, our supposedly bright ADA whose unflagging duty to her mission puts the life of her brother at risk, nearly ruins the military career of the man she supposedly loves, oh, and did I forget that she just walks all over him.

Great book except for her. Such a shame.
Yona
3.5 stars.

I liked it but not entirely. The characters were so stubborn - they are wrong but they are right in the same time and I just don't know what to think. I get angry at something and in the next moment I can't be any more because it is well explained and it was all so confusing.

But it was a nice story with a good end.
Christine
A Harlequin Blaze romantic suspense story involving a Navy SEAL on leave, asked by his best friend to watch over his sister who is in over her head in a lawsuit against some very powerful and dangerous people. It is a friends to lovers story that is exciting and almost bittersweetly romantic.
~Megan~
This one was way better than the first in Tyler's Harlequin Blaze SEALs series! This time there was actual action, and the SEAL acted like a SEAL. I enjoyed both the main romance and the secondary romance. I haven't read the second in the series yet, but I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point.
Suzanne Pierontoni
Seal number 3 is just as delicious as the first!
Wonderful series.
Great characters and story lines.
Way to go.
Krista
Dec 22, 2008 Krista added it
This was a good book !!
Connie Jones
I really liked this book.
Sub Scribd
Sub Scribd marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Liz
Liz added it
Jul 12, 2014
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Nina
Nina added it
Jul 01, 2014
Yoko
Yoko marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
  • The Specialist
  • At Your Command
  • Flyboy
  • SEALed with a Kiss (Harlequin Blaze, #589)
  • Shadow Hawk (Harlequin Blaze, #329)
  • Ripped!
  • Breaking the Rules (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #14)
  • Asking For Trouble (Santori Stories #4) (Town of Trouble #2)
  • The Right Stuff (Uniformly Hot!, #4) (Harlequin Blaze, #463)
  • Sex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2) (Harlequin Blaze, #388)
  • Dead Sexy (Harlequin Blaze #358)
New York Times Bestselling author Stephanie Tyler writes what she loves to read - romantic suspense novels starring military heroes and paranormal romance novels novels starring warrior heroes, all complete with happy endings. She also co-writes as Sydney Croft. She lives in New York with her husband, her kids and her crazy Weimaraner, Gus.

For more information on Stephanie, please visit www.stepha...more
More about Stephanie Tyler...
Hard to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #1) Lie With Me (Shadow Force, #1) Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3) Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2) In the Air Tonight (Shadow Force, #3)