Start by marking “Growing Your Faith: How to Mature in Christ” as Want to Read:
Growing Your Faith: How to Mature in Christ

Growing Your Faith: How to Mature in Christ

When we are gripped by the astonishing fact of Christ's love for us, we want to draw close to Him and worship Him. But what can we do to deepen our relationship with Jesus? What does He expect of us? And how can we be more like Him?

Navigator author Jerry Bridges presents the essential elements of Christian life in a highly readable, practical form that men, women, and teen
Published February 11th 2004 by NavPress (first published January 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Growing Your Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Growing Your Faith

Jami Balmet
Jan 08, 2017 Jami Balmet rated it it was amazing
The tagline to this book is How to Mature in Christ and I think that's a very accurate description of the book! This book is a collection of the very best advice that Jerry Bridges (one of my very favorite authors) has on the subject of growing and maturing in your faith. It's a very quick and easy read and I highly recommend it as one of my newest favorite books on Spiritual Disciplines and Christian living in general.
Nikkira
Jul 20, 2015 Nikkira rated it really liked it
Shelves: religious
Very beneficial book to my faith. It provided necessary and practical ways to give devotion to Christ. He drew on his own experience effectively.
Scott
Aug 24, 2012 Scott rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Simple yet solid work. If you've read any of Bridges' other books then this won't be a huge surprise as much of his earlier material (Pursuit of Holiness, Practice of Godliness, The Discipline of Grace) finds its way into "Growing Your Faith". The book is divided into three main sections: 1. the necessity of spiritual growth; 2. the means of spiritual growth; 3. the marks of spiritual growth.

The main thing I took away from this book comes out of section 1 and is what Bridges calls the bookends o
Michelle Padrelanan
Jun 03, 2011 Michelle Padrelanan rated it it was amazing
When a person becomes a Christian, his goal is to become more like Christ everyday. It’s not an easy task, in fact, it takes more than a lifetime to achieve this goal. In order to achieve spiritual maturity, we have a guide to follow in Growing Your Faith by Jerry Bridges.

Growing Your Faith by Jerry Bridges can also be entitled Spiritual Maturity 101 because that is what this book literally is. Jerry Bridges discusses with great wisdom the many disciplines that we should take on if we want to gr
Casey
May 09, 2014 Casey added it
"What does your mind turn to when it is free to turn to anything? Do you begin to meditate on scripture?...Do you think about your problems, or do you engage in mental arguing with someone else, or perhaps even allow your mind to drift into the wasteland of impure thoughts? Thinking is our most constant activity. Our thoughts are our constant occupation. We are never without them. But we can choose the direction and content of those thoughts... We must be alert for those times during the day whe ...more
SolidFood
Oct 20, 2016 SolidFood rated it really liked it
This was a bit of a compilation of Bridges’ previous works, summarized together into one book. He takes us through sanctification – the need for the Holy Spirit as well as our own responsibility. Challenging and helpful book!

Jerry Bridges is one of my favorite authors and I have read most of his books and re-read some as well. There was a lot of good stuff in this book, but for some reason I didn’t underline as I went through. Definitely worth a re-read at some point.
Michelle
Jun 10, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This was a really great book. I love reading books on spiritual development and spiritual growth. This one was really solid and practical. Jerry has a great knowledge base of scripture and does an excellent job with communicating what that means for our everyday lives and our walk with Christ. Excellent read
Clansmitty
Jan 06, 2015 Clansmitty rated it it was amazing
An excellent foundational book to read with new Christians. We used this as a Bible study with many of our teens.
Michael
Jan 11, 2013 Michael rated it it was amazing
Great introductory book for new believers. You can never cover the basics enough. Be dependent on the Holy Spirit, Read your bible and pray.
Leesa
Dec 24, 2012 Leesa rated it it was amazing
i do love jerry bridges and how jerry bridges talks abt the gospel. i really loved his book "the discipline of grace," too.
Judy
Sep 21, 2015 Judy added it
Great help to growing my faith.
Brock
Oct 02, 2012 Brock marked it as to-read
3.1B - Spiritual Growth
Rebecca L Thompson
Rebecca L Thompson rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
andrew
andrew rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Mellun
Mellun rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Rebecca Mandrillo
Rebecca Mandrillo rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2011
Bo White
Bo White rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2007
Jordan
Jordan rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2009
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Katy Sammons
Katy Sammons rated it really liked it
May 14, 2013
Sean Nemecek
Sean Nemecek rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2014
Scott K
Scott K rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2011
Jennifer Bethel
Jennifer Bethel rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2016
Jkanz
Jkanz rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2014
Shelby Kenville
Shelby Kenville rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2017
ANNA DEMETRA
ANNA DEMETRA rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Nick Herring
Nick Herring rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2013
Ty Pond
Ty Pond rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Jonnette
Jonnette rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2013
  • The God Who Is There: Finding Your Place in God's Story
  • Sermon on the Mount
  • A Gospel Primer for Christians: Learning to See the Glories of God's Love
  • Leaders Who Last
  • The Promised One: Seeing Jesus in Genesis (Seeing Jesus in the Old Testament)
  • Worldliness: Resisting the Seduction of a Fallen World
  • Made For His Pleasure: Ten Benchmarks of a Vital Faith
  • The Gospel-Driven Life: Being Good News People in a Bad News World
  • Christ Formed in You: The Power of the Gospel for Personal Change
  • Keep in Step with the Spirit: Finding Fullness in Our Walk with God
  • Can I Have Joy In My Life? (Crucial Questions, #12)
  • Words of Life: Scripture as the Living and Active Word of God
  • A Theology for the Church
  • Secure in the Everlasting Arms
  • The Godly Man's Picture
JERRY BRIDGES was an author and conference speaker. His most popular book, The Pursuit of Holiness, has sold over one million copies. Jerry was been on the staff of The Navigators for over fifty years, and currently served in the Collegiate Mission where he was involved primarily in staff development, but also served as a speaker resource to the campus ministries.
More about Jerry Bridges...