Start by marking “The Camelot Kids: Volume One (The Camelot Kids, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
The Camelot Kids: Volume One (The Camelot Kids, #1-4)

Read Excerpt

The Camelot Kids: Volume One (The Camelot Kids #1-4)

Here it is! The complete collection of The Camelot Kids Parts 1-4, with new illustrations and extra story.

The Camelot Kids is a series that tells the story of Simon Sharp, a 14-year-old orphan. Simon isn’t a normal teenager. He’s a kid on a mission. He's determined to find a place to belong.

If you ask him how his parents died, he'll tell you King Arthur killed them. They
Published December 11th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Camelot Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Camelot Kids

Kimber Wheaton
Mar 17, 2015 Kimber Wheaton rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

The Camelot Kids is a fun adventure perfect for both the middle grade and YA audience. Fast-paced, featuring wonderful illustrations, this book is sure to please fans of fantasy and Arthurian Legend.

The story starts out rather sad, with the death of Simon's parents in a plane crash while searching for proof of Camelot. Simon's life as an orphan was far from easy. When he's taken in by an estranged uncle in Scotland, things tak
Noa Bash
Feb 08, 2015 Noa Bash rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-to-finish
The Short:
I don't think I have had such a fun time with a book since I read Percy Jackson. To put this simply: I loved this book. It was very well paced, and the world was magnificent. I am just blown away. Throughout the book there are illustrations of things that are particularly hard to imagine, and they were all beautiful. I do know somethings about Arthurian legends, and this book just made me want to read more about King Arthur. This book was just great.

The Good:
Like I said, the illust
S.W.
Nov 25, 2015 S.W. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure, fantasy, owned
A great tale of adventure
I read this book as it was originally released (in 4 parts). I have posted separate reviews for each part, however, I offer the following comments in summary.

Simon's tale is underpinned by the search for the truth behind the disappearance of his parents. Zackheim has created a wonderful world that lies beyond the realms of the real world. The characters are likeable and each has their own unique history, which is the essence of how they all come together. The question re
Charissa Wilkinson
I received this book as part of the Goodreads’ First Reads Program for the purpose of a fair and honest review.

Overview: Simon Sharp doesn’t believe in the legends concerning King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. That’s too bad, because a troll, a wizard-in-training, and Merlin himself all have some special news for him. It’s a doozy too. He is Sir Lancelot’s heir, and Camelot needs him. Can this get any worse?

Likes: What can I say? Part of my attraction to epic fantasy is the magic th
Lindsay
The Camelot Kids by Ben Zackheim The Camelot kids is packed with adventures and action. It great for all ages of kids. Simon finds out his parents died. Simon want to find a place to belong. He starts to have dreams. A place named Camelot. Is there really a place called New Camelot?

Someone is trying to find him and wants him dead. Who could want him dead? He meets up with several different kids and is thrown from one action to another. He seem to be trying survive. Who could be King Arthur, Lanc
Tia Bach
Mar 07, 2015 Tia Bach rated it really liked it
What a fun, entertaining read!

Simon is a descendant of Sir Lancelot, but he's just lost his parents and not ready for Merlin to recruit him to a teenage New Camelot. Yet, he's pulled in and the adventure begins.

Late elementary and early middle school students, in particular, will enjoy these characters and adventures. It reminded me of Percy Jackson and the Rick Riordan series. Plus, the illustrations inside the book were amazing and reminiscent of Harry Potter illustrations.

Although it's quite
Mar 30, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for a honest review.

This was a great book. It was fun and quirky and provided a new spin on the Camelot tales. I would recommend this for young adults and middle school aged children. I plan to let my step-son read this after he finishes the series he is currently reading. Highly recommend.
Lanise Brown
Apr 17, 2015 Lanise Brown rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I received this book for free from the author and TLC Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. Now I have to tell you upfront that I’m not a major fan of young adult (YA) novels. It’s not that I don’t like YA. It’s just not a genre I read a whole lot of. So I when I was asked if I would review The Camelot Kids series by Ben Zackheim, I took one look at the book and said sure, why not. The artwork looked cool. And, boy, was I surprised. I really liked this YA fantasy for its wild and ...more
Belle Wong
Jun 02, 2015 Belle Wong rated it liked it
The first half does lag – we get a lot of information during the first half, none of it in infodump format, thankfully, but while it is interesting, it isn’t of the page-turning, what happens next variety. The second half manages to do both (trust me, a lot goes on in the second half). I would have also liked the main villain to have been more credible in his/her/its role (keeping you in suspense here!). And more made of what finally happens with Excalibur. Overall, this is an original middle ...more
Michael Dally
May 28, 2015 Michael Dally rated it it was amazing
Won this book through a goodreads giveaway.

Ended up reading this book to my 8 year old daughter and we both really enjoyed it. I think for a child reading alone this book would probably be more suited for a middle school aged reader, but as far as content goes it's suitable for most ages. There is a small amount of violence, but nothing graphic. I would definately put this on the same level as the early Harry Potter books as far as an imaginative world, exciting plot, and great writting style. T
Cory
May 17, 2016 Cory rated it really liked it
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway.

The book is aimed at kids so I probably shouldn't have entered. Regardless, it was an easy read and fairly enjoyable. Would recommend for ages 8-12, or as a bedtime story for younger ones.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2015
Nathan Fox
Nathan Fox rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2015
Claire Armstrong-Brealey
Claire Armstrong-Brealey rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2015
James Lynam
James Lynam rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2015
Jancee Wright
Jancee Wright rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2015
Livrastique
Livrastique rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Kelli
Kelli rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Victoria
Victoria rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Kay Butz
Kay Butz marked it as to-read
SARIT
SARIT marked it as to-read
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Stef
Stef marked it as to-read
Seanna Yeager
Seanna Yeager marked it as to-read
Mari
Mari marked it as to-read
Shana M. Garrity
Shana M. Garrity marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon marked it as to-read
Sheena Baker
Sheena Baker marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Tammy Pooser
Tammy Pooser marked it as to-read
Ms. Reader
Ms. Reader marked it as to-read
Debbie Carnes
Debbie Carnes marked it as to-read
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
Cassandra Alba
Cassandra Alba marked it as to-read
Cheryl Bradley
Cheryl Bradley marked it as to-read
Yesenia
Yesenia marked it as to-read
Brenda Schneider
Brenda Schneider marked it as to-read
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Isabella Kayleigh
Isabella Kayleigh marked it as to-read
Sue Williams
Sue Williams marked it as to-read
Randall Christopher
Randall Christopher marked it as to-read
aem
aem marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Teressa
Teressa marked it as to-read
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
  • TIME SQUARE | UFO (Time Square,#2)
  • Fizz & Peppers at the Bottom of the World
  • Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble (Noah Zarc #1)
  • Tommy Black and the Staff of Light (Tommy Black #1)
  • Vostok
  • Return To Cardamom
  • A Heart's Disguise (A Journey of the Heart, #1)
  • The Forgotten Secret
  • Ramsey's Gold (Drake Ramsey #1)
  • The Absolutely Amazing Adventures of Agent Auggie Spinoza
  • Awakening (Chronicles of Benjamin Dragon, #1)
  • Cancelled Vows (Mac Faraday Mystery, #11)
  • Mystery of the Egyptian Amulet (Zet Mystery Case #2)
  • Original Destination (Paradox Child, #3)
  • Troll Mountain: Episode III (Troll Mountain, #3)
  • A Plain & Simple Heart (The Amish of Apple Grove, #2)
  • Sir Princess Petra's Talent  (The Pen Pieyu Adventures #2)
  • I'm Squirrely! (The Nut Family, #1)
Ben Zackheim spent over a decade producing online games that have been played by millions of people. His dream of writing for a living became a reality when he released the Shirley Link mystery series (for kids 9-12 years old).

Ben's work on the Shirley Link books has been praised for its focus on the power of intellect and the limitless potential of every girl's hard work and dreams.

His series The
More about Ben Zackheim...

The Camelot Kids (5 books)
  • The Camelot Kids: Part One (The Camelot Kids, #1)
  • The Camelot Kids: Part Two (The Camelot Kids, #2)
  • The Camelot Kids: Part Three (The Camelot Kids, #3)
  • The Camelot Kids: Part Four (The Camelot Kids, #4)

“I go by Ambrosius, Wild Man of the Woods, and Son of the Devil. Call me what you want, but I am Merlin." - Merlin” 0 likes
“I go by Ambrosius, Wild Man of the Woods, and Son of the Devil. Call me what you want, but I am Merlin.” 0 likes