Start by marking “Sophie's Journey” as Want to Read:
Sophie's Journey

Sophie's Journey

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  74 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
It could have been anybodys child.

Ten days before Christmas. A room of children, napping on mattresses in their childcare centre, waiting for Santa to arrive. It's a peaceful scene. Until a car crashes through the doors at head height, smashing into the midst of the sleeping children. The engine revs faster and faster; flames lick the ceiling.

Incredibly, no child was kille
Published May 1st 2007 by Harper Collins

To ask other readers questions about Sophie's Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sophie's Journey

Chloe
Nov 30, 2014 Chloe rated it it was amazing
What an incredible journey this is ...

Told through the stories of those closest to Sophie and those who were somehow involved in her accidents from by-standers to police officers to medical personnel, this book documents the journey of Sophie. This book covers everything from the fateful day when she slept on a little bed on the floor at her child care centre and a car came hurtling through the window, to the long, slow and painful recovery process from her resulting horrific burns ... to the s
Koko
Dec 13, 2011 Koko rated it really liked it
I was given this as a freebie when I purchased other books and almost didn't pick it up as I was simply uninterested in her story and thought I already new everything I needed to know from what I'd seen on TV. But the book provides an insight into the family, the great pains the parents went through, and their humbleness - they did not ask for all this publicity, sympathy and attention, it was all just natural typical response of the Australian people.
I also liked the way the book was written -
Will James Jackson
Jun 28, 2015 Will James Jackson rated it it was amazing
I read this in year nine and didn't really know what to expect. I started reading it and found myself not able to stop. Somedays I would take a box of tissues outside with me because I know I would cry. I would read and cry for hours on end until I had finished it. This is a very emotional book because it's so true and that so much happened to a little girl in such a short amount of time. I honestly didn't think that much could happen to one person but the thing that blew me away the most was ho ...more
Tracey
Apr 27, 2013 Tracey rated it really liked it
Shelves: other, true
This was a very emotional book to read and I felt for all involved. Sophie not only survived one tragic incident with a car crashing into the daycare she was at for the day peacefully sleeping and being scared for life with being burnt and losing an ear, she amazingly survived another incident when she was crossing the road with her step sister and a car hit her. Sophie is an inspiration for everyone for what she has been through and still is a very happy girl and will never give up. Sophie's fa ...more
Jessica Knox
Jun 13, 2014 Jessica Knox rated it liked it
The chapters were quite long and all about the same scene each time but with different perspectives
Rebecca
May 13, 2015 Rebecca rated it liked it
Kalishyah
Aug 28, 2012 Kalishyah rated it really liked it
Two year old Sophie was sleeping, when a truck comes crashing into the childcare centre. She suffered from third degree burns and eighty-five percent of her body was burnt. She lost both feet, few fingers and her right ear. Two years later Sophie and her god sister was crossing the road when a car went didn't stop at the red light. Her injuries were fatal but she survives.
Claudette
Jun 24, 2013 Claudette rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memoir-biography
Wow, the strength and courage of this little girl. She is truely a miracle child, here on earth to teach us all a lesson in having strength, courage and fighting the odds. If you are having a hard time in life now, depression perhaps or questioning it - then you should read this story of this courageous child.
Nina
May 12, 2012 Nina rated it really liked it
Incredible story. Such a sad story retold by all the people involved about the recovery of this beautiful brave little girl. Slightly disjointed and lacks in concise detail at times but a gripping read. Read over two days.
Kathy
Jan 12, 2011 Kathy rated it it was amazing
The saddest and most harrowing real life story that I have ever read. I could barely see the words through the tears. Well worth a read, but get ready to have your heart broken.
Emma
Jul 26, 2010 Emma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Extraordinary – a life changing book...Sophie is a very beautiful and special girl..really puts things into perpective...this book really touched me.
Elena
Apr 16, 2009 Elena rated it it was amazing
Very good book. One of the best books I've ever read. Lots of emotions and heart warming moments.
Sandi
May 17, 2011 Sandi added it
Shelves: abandoned
Amazing story of resilience, care and the human spirit. Got about half way thru.
Lisa
May 05, 2010 Lisa rated it it was ok
This is a tragic and amazing story just not very well written.
Chelseeh
i think this book is so tuching to me and its so inspiering
Erica
I didnt like this book ..
Samantha
Mar 23, 2011 Samantha rated it liked it
Sad but inspirational
Shell
Shell marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Nat
Nat marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Carina Ullvin
Carina Ullvin marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Steph
Steph added it
Mar 29, 2016
Darci
Darci rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Shriya Chopra
Shriya Chopra rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Dianne
Dianne rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Jennifer Osterberg
Jennifer Osterberg rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2016
Brooke Rohweder
Brooke Rohweder marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Chantal Grech
Chantal Grech marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Kate Wylie
Kate Wylie marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2015