Sophie's Journey

Sophie's Journey

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  13 reviews
It could have been anybodys child.

Ten days before Christmas. A room of children, napping on mattresses in their childcare centre, waiting for Santa to arrive. It's a peaceful scene. Until a car crashes through the doors at head height, smashing into the midst of the sleeping children. The engine revs faster and faster; flames lick the ceiling.

Incredibly, no child was kille...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Harper Collins

Koko
I was given this as a freebie when I purchased other books and almost didn't pick it up as I was simply uninterested in her story and thought I already new everything I needed to know from what I'd seen on TV. But the book provides an insight into the family, the great pains the parents went through, and their humbleness - they did not ask for all this publicity, sympathy and attention, it was all just natural typical response of the Australian people.
I also liked the way the book was written -...more
Tracey
This was a very emotional book to read and I felt for all involved. Sophie not only survived one tragic incident with a car crashing into the daycare she was at for the day peacefully sleeping and being scared for life with being burnt and losing an ear, she amazingly survived another incident when she was crossing the road with her step sister and a car hit her. Sophie is an inspiration for everyone for what she has been through and still is a very happy girl and will never give up. Sophie's fa...more
Kalishyah
Two year old Sophie was sleeping, when a truck comes crashing into the childcare centre. She suffered from third degree burns and eighty-five percent of her body was burnt. She lost both feet, few fingers and her right ear. Two years later Sophie and her god sister was crossing the road when a car went didn't stop at the red light. Her injuries were fatal but she survives.
Claudette
Wow, the strength and courage of this little girl. She is truely a miracle child, here on earth to teach us all a lesson in having strength, courage and fighting the odds. If you are having a hard time in life now, depression perhaps or questioning it - then you should read this story of this courageous child.
Nina
Incredible story. Such a sad story retold by all the people involved about the recovery of this beautiful brave little girl. Slightly disjointed and lacks in concise detail at times but a gripping read. Read over two days.
Kathy
The saddest and most harrowing real life story that I have ever read. I could barely see the words through the tears. Well worth a read, but get ready to have your heart broken.
Emma
Extraordinary – a life changing book...Sophie is a very beautiful and special girl..really puts things into perpective...this book really touched me.
Elena
Very good book. One of the best books I've ever read. Lots of emotions and heart warming moments.
Sandi
May 17, 2011 Sandi added it
Shelves: abandoned
Amazing story of resilience, care and the human spirit. Got about half way thru.
Lisa
This is a tragic and amazing story just not very well written.
Chelseeh
i think this book is so tuching to me and its so inspiering
Erica
I didnt like this book ..
Samantha
Sad but inspirational
Tiana
Tiana added it
Mar 10, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Sandi Burke
Sandi Burke marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Yoj
Yoj marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Anita
Anita added it
Nov 22, 2013
Carolina Johannesson
Carolina Johannesson marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Robyn
Robyn added it
Sep 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Parenting with Soul The World According To Kids Positive The World According To Kids Get Published!