Start by marking “Robert: To accompany the Fallen Angel series” as Want to Read:
Robert: To accompany the Fallen Angel series

Robert: To accompany the Fallen Angel series (Fallen Angel 0.5)

Robert Stone was six years old when his parents were killed and he was left to live a life of abuse at the hands of a mad, religious aunt in America. At the age of eleven, alone and rejected, he cracked - with terrible consequences. But he survived.

Today he lives a life immersed in the world of crime and deadly secrets. As the head of a powerful organisation, he is a wealt
Published October 1st 2014 by Createspace (first published September 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Robert, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robert

Blyss by J.C. CliffBlyssful Lies by J.C. CliffBlyssfully Undone by J.C. CliffWished for You by K.D. RobichauxUndo Me by M.  Robinson
Most Anticipated Indie Author Release
190th out of 355 books — 952 voters
Slow Burn by K. BrombergUntil July by Aurora Rose ReynoldsThe IX by Andrew P. WestonDeep by Kylie ScottBeautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire
2015 Gotta Have It
59th out of 86 books — 138 voters

More lists with this book...

Jacqueline
I really enjoyed this one.

It's the prequel to a series I haven't read yet but I felt the need to read from the very beginning. At the start Robert is a six year old boy and I wasn't sure if I fancied a drawn out fictitious autobiography. I'm so glad I persevered.

Robert narrates his life story from six right up to his late twenties. He has a hard start in life, neglected and abused by the people who were supposed to care for him. It's a gripping read because we learn about his emotional developme
Kindle Friends Forever
Sep 27, 2014 Kindle Friends Forever rated it it was amazing
FIVE STARS ...

Reviewed by Dawn Vickers and Sharon Thérèse Nuttall on behalf of Kindle Friends Forever.

This isn’t a love story. There are no steamy sex scenes as such! This is the life story of a beautiful person who you have probably meet in Fallen Angel series, and if by any chance you haven’t had the opportunity to read book one, two and three, no worries!

“I really think that one could consider this book as a prequel Dawn. What do you think?”

“I totally agree with you Sharon! In fact, I wou
Janja
Sep 12, 2016 Janja rated it really liked it
Robert is a hard man with a big heart and he is one of the characters that you just can't forget. He'll be in my heart forever.
Sole Dl
Oct 04, 2014 Sole Dl rated it it was amazing
There's actually no words to express how much I loved Robert's POV. I read Fallen Angel I & II, and I was also hooked from page 1. But reading Robert's story, what made him be the man he is, helped me to understand a lot more about his behavior.
I read Robert, after reading Fallen Angel I, and then I read Fallen Angel II. Robert's story was amazing, he dealt with an awful hand of cards from such a young age, but he was able to overcome every obstacle life put on his path.
I fell in love with R
Lilian Flesher
Mar 01, 2015 Lilian Flesher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed-reads
I have to say this is a must read as part of the Fallen Angel series, its a great insight into the main character Robert Stone, it tells u all about him, his horrific childhood, his teenage years living on the streets, his luck at finding someone to take him under their wing, his lifelong friendship with his street sidekick Travis. I was hooked on this series from page 1 of the first book, its fabulously written, full of tension, you can feel the hairs on your neck stand up at times. It has ...more
Paula Radell
Oct 04, 2014 Paula Radell rated it it was amazing
Review to follow soon....let's just say I fell in love with Robert Stone all over again. I thought I couldn't love him more. I was wrong.
Louise White
Oct 05, 2014 Louise White rated it it was amazing
*******Review for Passionate Page Turner****

Review for Robert
Robert is the lead male character from the Fallen Angeles series. Don't worry if you haven't read any of the series yet (why not?????) This can be read as a standalone, or as a prequel to the series.
In this book we find out more about the man that is Robert Stone and his journey to becoming a very powerful man. In the series so far we have only learnt snippets about his life, here we learn about his past and how it's shaped his life l
Lisa
Oct 14, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Robert is the prequel of Tracie Podgers Fallen Angels series, and luckily for me it can be read as a standalone as I haven't read any of the other books. I also hold my hand up to not reading the synopsis for this before accepting to review it either, I liked the look of the cover and went by that. Luckily for me, that led to me finding an absolutely fabulous book! Being the prequel to a series called Fallen Angel, I assumed these books were going to be about, well, angels that had fallen! I ...more
Mazmum
Oct 06, 2014 Mazmum rated it really liked it
Book Review - Robert by Tracie Podger - 4 deep and twisted but thoughtful stars

So I have a confession to make (not a church one, Robert wouldn’t like that at all), because although the author is known to me, I hadn’t read any of her work before.

Meaning, i’m going to be one of the few people who is picking up this book totally unawares of who Robert Stone is.

But that’s a great thing. Because for me, mine are a fresh pair of eyes to see if this prequel stands up on it’s own, and the answer to that
Book-Lover Book Blog
Oct 05, 2014 Book-Lover Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Where do I start with Robert?

This is a prequel to Fallen Angel Part 1, where we delve into the life of the mysterious Robert Stone.
The question has always been, who is Robert Stone? What makes this man who he is in the series? Well, I can tell you, it's all here. The good, the bad and the ugly....and the super sexy.
It's one of those once in a life time books that draws you in from page 1, keeps you into the story, and baffles you along the way. But remember, Robert Stone doesn't do pity and sy
Donna
Oct 26, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent writing!!

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this book but I have enjoyed everything from this author so far . . . up must say she exceeded my expectations! Amazingly written!!!
Gemma Curran
Oct 15, 2015 Gemma Curran rated it really liked it
***Read and reviewed on behalf of Fictional Men's Room for Book Ho's***
Caroline Easton
Oct 31, 2016 Caroline Easton rated it it was amazing
This is only the second book I have read by this author and I haven't read the others in this series. I will be rectifying that shortly! This book was fantastic. Robert is your typical is a big man with a big heart. You certainly wont forget him in a hurry.
Karen Preiato
Oct 01, 2016 Karen Preiato rated it really liked it
Shelves: must-read
The life and times of Robert Stone
I must say I didn't know what to expect from this book but I enjoyed reading about about how Robert had to survive in the real world and how much more he had to endure so much more than a six year should. This being said I feel it made him into the man that he is. He showed compassion well beyond his years.
The story is told in Roberts POV and we are taken throughout his life until adulthood. This is not a romance and there are no sex scenes, just life evolving a
Alison
Feb 04, 2016 Alison rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review!!!

Robert’s life as a child was far from pleasant, at six years old his parents were killed and he went to live with his crazy religious aunt in America. She had rules and if he didn’t follow them he was cruelly punished. At eleven years old, feeling abandoned and alone he decided to run away. Life on the streets was tough but he learnt how to survive.

Robert’s teenage years were spent running errands for a well respected business man; i
Jade Simcox (2 Girls Who Love Books)
In this book we learn all there is to know about Mr Robert Stone.
Robert was six years old when his parents where killed in a car accident. He felt no emotion, no tears, nothing. They never really cared for him anyway.
He goes to live with his aunt in America, she is a abusive, religious women. She beats him with her belt because she thinks he is the devil and he caused his parents to die.
He received beatings off her for years and no one batted a eyelash at it. At the age of eleven he does someth
Heather Way
Oct 01, 2014 Heather Way rated it really liked it
Robert's story was emotional sad from the beginning. Everything that he went through tore through me like no tomorrow. I was hooked reading all the emotions through book. Then When he finally couldn't take anymore he runaway. After setting flames to his Aunts house. Broken and afraid he hitched a ride to New York. This is where his journey began. He stood up for a boy that was being harassed by a bunch of jerks. This is where he Meets Travis his best friend. From then on they both fended for ...more
Marina (Living In Our Own Story)
I enjoyed reading the rest of the Fallen Angel books a lot and I was really anxious to read Robert’s story. I always thought of him as the ultimate bad boy but knowing his background definitely added more layers to his character.

The story is one of the most heartbreaking books I’ve read recently. Portraying the story of boy who cannot trust anyone and can depend only on himself, the book brought tears to my eyes more than once. Every single word pulled me even deeper into Robert’s early years an
DJ Sakata
Dec 03, 2015 DJ Sakata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

“Vassago was a fallen angel, Joe, but one with a good heart. He’s the discoverer of the lost and hidden.”

“The thing I thought of the most, when I looked at that memorial plaque on the bench, was the dash. That little line between the date Joe was born and the date he died. That dash resembled his whole life, his achievements and his family. That dash was more important than the dates themselves.”

My Review:

Robert is an essential prequel to the Fallen Angel series, and as tragic as
Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 15, 2015 Romance Readers Retreat rated it really liked it

From being six years old Robert Stone has had his fair share of abuse and neglect from the very people he should of been able to count on, to love and care for him... His own family, when they are involved in a car crash the tears don't fall, isn't he supposed to feel something?

Robert is soon sent to live with his aunt in America, the worst and best thing to happen to him,his aunt was an evil witch and didn't like her from the start she blamed Robert for everything.

Robert soon gets out
Ashley
Jun 29, 2015 Ashley rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!

I know many readers do not like books published from a different character's point of view. I love them, a lot. Usually because I hate for stories to end. I want to know MORE about the characters, their lives, what makes them tick.

Well, we found out what makes Robert tick.

My heart broke and cried for the young Robert, left behind to a cruel world at the age of 6.

Moving to America was the worst and best thing to happen to Robert. We see his transformation, but with an underlying underst
Ann Meemken
Sep 06, 2016 Ann Meemken rated it it was amazing
I loved Robert in Fallen Angel series. Robert story as told from his point of view. It shows what hard life he lived growing up. We see how and why he behaves the way he does. He treasures his friendship with Travis and they share a special bond.He is determined to make a name for himself. They meet a woman named Evelyn that helps take care of them. Her friendship helps change the course of his life. Even with accomplishing everything he wanted he felt something missing in his life. When he ...more
Lindsey
Oct 08, 2014 Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mnp
I was gifted with a copy of this book for an honest review for MNP.

Robert is an amazing soul who has finally found his place in life. In this book, you are able to follow Robert from the moment his life took a turn as a you child in England to now. Robert has grown up with this family and has learned all the different aspects of the business. He is determined to make it all legal and do things the right way. He still feels like has to protect everyone in his life.

I loved being able to to follow
Kerry-Ann
Oct 12, 2014 Kerry-Ann rated it it was amazing
Having read the Fallen Angel series by this author, I was so excited to hear there would be a novel about our Robert Stone. Wanting to know his back story and how he became the man he is, had me sold!

It begins with Robert as a child and progresses to his adult years. I absolutely loved the writing in this novel and the way the author made you feel ALL the feels! Anger and pity to empathy and pride.

Robert is a complex character and he feels flawed. His love and protection for his family is the re
Twin Opinions
Oct 13, 2014 Twin Opinions rated it it was amazing
I can not get enough of this series. I truly love this author and everything about this wonderful series. This maybe my favorite book so far. I love love love Robert's POV. I felt like this was more of a prequel than anything, but I loved reading Robert's story. It really brings to light why he is the way he is and how the future characters come to be in his life.

I have to say... I really liked Travis. I am secretly hoping he gets his own little story. I fall deeper and deeper into Podger's wor
Tabitha Jones
Oct 06, 2014 Tabitha Jones rated it it was amazing
Robert's POV of the Fallen Angel Series is just what I needed to understand this whole series. i feel in love with all of these books but this one of Robert put everything in perspective. Robert was a broken little boy, never really truly loved or belonged anywhere. Battered and beaten he finally took matters into his own hands and started standing up for himself. This book will take you on Robert's journey of his life and how he overcame struggles and came out on top. I strongly recommend this ...more
Helen Stothard
Oct 07, 2014 Helen Stothard rated it it was amazing
I was a little concerned that I hadn't read Fallen Angel when I picked up this book but I needn't have been. After all it's the prologue and Robert's story of how he got to be the man he is at the beginning of Fallen Angel.

This book wasn't what I expected, and it certainly didn't turn out as I anticipated, but that's a good thing. It covers some tough topics but in a way that makes it easy to read and handle.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to, but I felt for Robert, despite everything you won't c
Louise Bailey
Dec 22, 2014 Louise Bailey rated it it was amazing
Wow what a powerful story. !!
From Robert the good the bad.
what Robert had to overcome with what happened to his parent's., and with what happened to with aunt.
life has thrown and chances for Robert, Has done some terrible thing's just survive in life, when he should of just had to live a happy childhood.
It still catchs up and remembers thing's, But feels numb to express his feelings or cry.
But being abused, beaten hungry and as well as lost in life with the people who he cared about.
Yet all t
Karen S
Sep 29, 2014 Karen S rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book was just fantastic. From the first page, I was completely hooked.
I thought I loved Robert Stone before but his life story just secured his place in my heart even more.
I was enthralled with every part of his story and saw how he became the man I adore in Fallen Angel.
My one criticism with this book is that it finished! I just wanted to hear more, more, more.
This lady is an amazing writer and I'm impatiently waiting for more from her.
Elaine
Feb 12, 2016 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Here we learn more about the intriguing Robert Stone. We learn of his tragic past and how he came to know Travis after living on the streets as a young boy. We find out how Evelyn came into his life and how he began to work for her father leading to him building his empire and making an enemy of Joe's son.

Concluding when he meets Brooke, Roberts story is a must for fans of the FA series
Tracie Podger currently lives in Kent, UK with her husband and a rather obnoxious cat called George. She’s a Padi Scuba Diving Instructor with a passion for writing. Tracie has been fortunate to have dived some of the wonderful oceans of the world where she can indulge in another hobby, underwater photography. She likes getting up close and personal with sharks.

Twitter: @Tracie Podger
Facebook: Tra
More about Tracie Podger...

Fallen Angel (5 books)