Start by marking “Diablo Archive (Diablo, #0-3)” as Want to Read:
Diablo Archive (Diablo, #0-3)

Diablo Archive (Diablo 0-3)

Since the beginning of time, the angelic hosts of the High Heavens and the demonic hordes of the Burning Hells have been locked in a struggle for the fate of all Creation. That war has now come to the mortal realm...and neither Man nor Demon nor Angel will be left unscathed....

LEGACY OF BLOOD: Norrec Vizharan has become a living nightmare. While on a quest for magical tre
Published July 8th 2008 by Gallery Books (first published March 15th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Diablo Archive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diablo Archive

Halo by Eric S. NylundAssassin's Creed by Oliver BowdenBioShock by John ShirleyAssassin's Creed by Oliver BowdenAssassin's Creed by Oliver Bowden
Video Game Novels/Trades
143rd out of 246 books — 275 voters
Written in Red by Anne BishopMurder of Crows by Anne BishopThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienThe Way of Kings by Brandon SandersonThe Broken Empire Series by Mark  Lawrence
My Top Fantasy Series
66th out of 71 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Oct 15, 2016 Helen rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy

I'm a big fan of the Diablo game franchise and can happily while away the hours levelling up my Rogue to go on a monster-killing spree in some dank dungeon, distracted only by the need to pursue the occasional treasure goblin. I also read much of this first story accompanied by the music from the game - the Tristram village is so evocative of the first in the game series, I thought it would add to the enjoyment.

Thus far I've read only the first tale; Legacy of Blood. Norrec, a wa
Feb 22, 2015 Taylor rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book - but it would be unfair to rate it as a whole, considering it is a compilation of four shorter novelas.

Although, as I understand it, Richard Knaak is the prolific, popular author in this compilation, I find that the other two authors - Mel Odom and Robert Marks - are the ones that shine. The Diablo universe is fresh - it brings a sort of hopelessness or darkness that is missing from mainstream literature: and the reason that I find the lesser authors more interesting is becaus
Ана Хелс
Oct 17, 2015 Ана Хелс rated it it was amazing
Предразсъдъците са наистина много дразнещо нещо, особено когато ти спестяват някои заглавия, иначе съвсем не лоши, но към които до момента съм се обръщала с някак меко презрение в стил – това е игра бе човек, какъв ти смисъл ще им търсиш в сценария, че и книги да пишеш по темата , освен някои практически наръчници в стил Как да махнеш главата на Диабло с най-малко писъци от страна на жалкия ти герой, или Развитие на уменията на диабло мъртъвците за dummies примерно. Но забравих една основна част ...more
Alexander Seifert
Feb 17, 2014 Alexander Seifert rated it liked it
I've dragged this poor book with me for at least five apartments since I purchased it back in 2010/2011. After finally finishing some other stuff, I pulled it out from behind the couch or under the bed (it's been some strange places) and read it.

The four books are all pretty entertaining. The third one (Kingdom of Shadow) could probably stand alone on its own merit and length. I can't say which one was my favorite, as they were all pretty much stories about white dudes with horrible vices they h
Alexander Strassner
Sep 28, 2015 Alexander Strassner rated it it was amazing
This review is applicable only for Diablo fans. As most of you know, Diablo as a whole is special among games of its genre. Why? None can tell, one say you can feel the hits, one say the atmosphere, the music, the background. This everything is in the stories that Richard A. Knaak wrote. The easy and fast readable style with the atmosphere only a Diablo player can feel, can see. Closing his lids between the chapters shows the darkness or the light, most if the time both. The Diablo universe is w ...more
Feb 12, 2011 Alexander rated it liked it
I liked the three big'' stories in this book. Though i think everyone of them lacked something. One lacked personality in their characters, the other lacked the epicness of a good story. But overall they're all okay to read if youre just looking for some average adventures. I usually prefer ''bigger/more epic'' storys.
Jul 03, 2009 Ampaire rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy

A worthy expedition into the Diablo universe, the stories aren't exceptional but are all solid and don't overstay their welcome. A good way to fill some empty time or a craving for the angels, demons, and magic of the Diablo 'verse. A final note: the fourth story in this collection is diminutive in comparison to the other three, a gnome traveling in the company of three giants.

Apr 25, 2014 Justin rated it it was amazing
It is intimidating for me to pick up a book with 700 pages or more. I am so glad that read all of this one. Each story was well written and I enjoyed most of my time with it. I never really knew what to expect with them and am glad that this is my first book (or first four) in the Diablo universe. I am anxious to see what is next.
Ethan Jensen
Nov 07, 2013 Ethan Jensen rated it it was amazing
This book is a group of four different stories set in the "Diablo" universe, I'd recommend this book to any who like fantasy, or to any who have played any of the "Diablo" games.
Amr Ayman
Sep 05, 2012 Amr Ayman rated it it was amazing
It is so good I'm surprised it got marketed for a game. True, it's the game that encouraged the read, but it is FAR better than the game.
Christopher Wolf
Aug 22, 2014 Christopher Wolf rated it it was amazing
Hehe... I love the setting. Plus, there is something cool in the title... "Diablo" it makes one quiver with excitement.
Feb 28, 2011 Julian rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I'm a big Diablo fan. Not what you're looking for if you're looking for an epic series of stories like ASoIaF or LoTR, but a fun way to pass time.
Israel Melendez
Israel Melendez rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2011
Cordell rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2013
Daphne rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2012
Jordankester rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2014
Josh rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Thomas rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Mar 31, 2016 László rated it it was amazing
Great collection and nice way to start with the Diablo Universe.
Bogdan rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Ricardo Dias
Ricardo Dias rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2013
Brad rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Kristjan Kaitsa
Kristjan Kaitsa rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Yordan Zhelyazkov
Yordan Zhelyazkov rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
Justin Cales
Justin Cales rated it really liked it
May 04, 2013
Colin rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Tim Doyle
Tim Doyle rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Mike Rustad
Mike Rustad rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2014
Juna rated it it was ok
Jan 29, 2015
Chuck Burchfield
Chuck Burchfield rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2013
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • The Starcraft Archive (StarCraft, Uprising & #1-3)
  • Twilight (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #3)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
  • Warcraft Legends, Volume 5
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Warcraft: Shaman
  • Gaming: Essays On Algorithmic Culture
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
  • High Score!: The Illustrated History of Electronic Games
  • Game Feel: A Game Designer's Guide to Virtual Sensation
  • The Book of the Dragon
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, Dragonrealm (his own creation), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written five non-series fantasy books.

More about Richard A. Knaak...

Diablo (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Legacy of Blood (Diablo, #1)
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • The Kingdom of Shadow (Diablo, #3)
  • Moon of the Spider (Diablo, #4)
  • Birthright (Diablo: The Sin War, #1)
  • Scales of the Serpent (Diablo: The Sin War, #2)
  • The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)
  • Diablo III: Book of Cain
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)