Start by marking “Diablo Archive (Diablo, #0-3)” as Want to Read:
Diablo Archive (Diablo, #0-3)

Diablo Archive (Diablo 0-3)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  216 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Since the beginning of time, the angelic hosts of the High Heavens and the demonic hordes of the Burning Hells have been locked in a struggle for the fate of all Creation. That war has now come to the mortal realm...and neither Man nor Demon nor Angel will be left unscathed....

LEGACY OF BLOOD: Norrec Vizharan has become a living nightmare. While on a quest for magical tre
Published July 8th 2008 by Gallery Books (first published March 15th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Diablo Archive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diablo Archive

Halo by Eric S. NylundAssassin's Creed by Oliver BowdenBioShock by John ShirleyAssassin's Creed by Oliver BowdenAssassin's Creed by Oliver Bowden
Video Game Novels/Trades
126th out of 205 books — 251 voters
Written in Red by Anne BishopMurder of Crows by Anne BishopThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienThe Way of Kings by Brandon SandersonThe Broken Empire Series by Mark  Lawrence
My Top Fantasy Series
65th out of 71 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Ана Хелс
Предразсъдъците са наистина много дразнещо нещо, особено когато ти спестяват някои заглавия, иначе съвсем не лоши, но към които до момента съм се обръщала с някак меко презрение в стил – това е игра бе човек, какъв ти смисъл ще им търсиш в сценария, че и книги да пишеш по темата , освен някои практически наръчници в стил Как да махнеш главата на Диабло с най-малко писъци от страна на жалкия ти герой, или Развитие на уменията на диабло мъртъвците за dummies примерно. Но забравих една основна част ...more
Enjoyed this book - but it would be unfair to rate it as a whole, considering it is a compilation of four shorter novelas.

Although, as I understand it, Richard Knaak is the prolific, popular author in this compilation, I find that the other two authors - Mel Odom and Robert Marks - are the ones that shine. The Diablo universe is fresh - it brings a sort of hopelessness or darkness that is missing from mainstream literature: and the reason that I find the lesser authors more interesting is becaus
Alexander Seifert
I've dragged this poor book with me for at least five apartments since I purchased it back in 2010/2011. After finally finishing some other stuff, I pulled it out from behind the couch or under the bed (it's been some strange places) and read it.

The four books are all pretty entertaining. The third one (Kingdom of Shadow) could probably stand alone on its own merit and length. I can't say which one was my favorite, as they were all pretty much stories about white dudes with horrible vices they h
Alexander Strassner
This review is applicable only for Diablo fans. As most of you know, Diablo as a whole is special among games of its genre. Why? None can tell, one say you can feel the hits, one say the atmosphere, the music, the background. This everything is in the stories that Richard A. Knaak wrote. The easy and fast readable style with the atmosphere only a Diablo player can feel, can see. Closing his lids between the chapters shows the darkness or the light, most if the time both. The Diablo universe is w ...more
Christopher Wolf
Hehe... I love the setting. Plus, there is something cool in the title... "Diablo" it makes one quiver with excitement.

A worthy expedition into the Diablo universe, the stories aren't exceptional but are all solid and don't overstay their welcome. A good way to fill some empty time or a craving for the angels, demons, and magic of the Diablo 'verse. A final note: the fourth story in this collection is diminutive in comparison to the other three, a gnome traveling in the company of three giants.

It is intimidating for me to pick up a book with 700 pages or more. I am so glad that read all of this one. Each story was well written and I enjoyed most of my time with it. I never really knew what to expect with them and am glad that this is my first book (or first four) in the Diablo universe. I am anxious to see what is next.
I liked the three big'' stories in this book. Though i think everyone of them lacked something. One lacked personality in their characters, the other lacked the epicness of a good story. But overall they're all okay to read if youre just looking for some average adventures. I usually prefer ''bigger/more epic'' storys.
I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I'm a big Diablo fan. Not what you're looking for if you're looking for an epic series of stories like ASoIaF or LoTR, but a fun way to pass time.
Ethan Jensen
This book is a group of four different stories set in the "Diablo" universe, I'd recommend this book to any who like fantasy, or to any who have played any of the "Diablo" games.
Amr Ayman
It is so good I'm surprised it got marketed for a game. True, it's the game that encouraged the read, but it is FAR better than the game.
Plenty of fun for the fan of sword and sorcery fantasy. Enjoyable way to consume a few hours.
Kat Plasencia
It's flat out awesome. I love dark fantasy and this is as dark as it gets!!
Carly Nicholas
Carly Nicholas marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Josh marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Celeste Enriquez
Celeste Enriquez marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Rokton added it
Oct 26, 2015
Tony Villarreal
Tony Villarreal is currently reading it
Oct 20, 2015
Doppelgang3r marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Relanni marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Fredrik marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Stefan Grønvik
Stefan Grønvik marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Adam marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Gary marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • The Starcraft Archive (StarCraft, Uprising & #1-3)
  • Twilight (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #3)
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Warcraft Legends, Volume 5
  • Diablo III: Storm of Light
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
  • Gaming: Essays On Algorithmic Culture
  • Hyperversum: Il cavaliere del tempo (Hyperversum, #3)
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Guardian: Saviors of Kamigawa (Magic: The Gathering: Kamigawa Cycle, #3)
  • Il libro segreto di Dante: Il codice nascosto della Divina Commedia
  • High Score! The Illustrated History of Electronic Games
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
  • Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, Dragonrealm (his own creation), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written five non-series fantasy books.

More about Richard A. Knaak...

Diablo (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Legacy of Blood (Diablo, #1)
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • The Kingdom of Shadow (Diablo, #3)
  • Moon of the Spider (Diablo, #4)
  • Birthright (Diablo: The Sin War, #1)
  • Scales of the Serpent (Diablo: The Sin War, #2)
  • The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)
  • Diablo III: Book of Cain
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)